The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:two dead annoying kids! and the actors playing those kids were terrible!! win win
:tup2:
danox3
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post by danox3 »

If everyone hates this show, why do you watch?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

I love this show man, I just really like seeing kids get shot
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Spooky Apparition »

just watched the finale. the scene with rick + gang was some pro level cinematography for a TV show and if you disagree you're a hopeless contrarian dickhead.

it was also badass
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

Spooky Apparition wrote:just watched the finale. the scene with rick + gang was some pro level cinematography for a TV show and if you disagree you're a hopeless contrarian dickhead.

it was also badass
:tup:
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Steeb wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:just watched the finale. the scene with rick + gang was some pro level cinematography for a TV show and if you disagree you're a hopeless contrarian dickhead.

it was also badass
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I don't watch this show anymore, but are you guys saying it has now devolved to where you get one scene to make up for the five hours of boring bullshit the show throws at you at a time? Used to be at least it was a whole episode that was good every now and then. Larf.

Anyway, my life has been considerably improved ever since I quit. I still haven't finished True Detective, GoT is back on, I have five episodes of Vikings to catch up on, the last season of Mad Men is starting soon - no need to talk myself into liking TWD this year.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

no, I'm saying that particular scene was so awesome that I almost fist pumped while watching it. I went back later and rewatched it like three times. I liked the whole episode as well, but that was maybe my favorite TWD scene ever.

... and now I've completely oversold it for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. oh well.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

wait

you're talking about the biting scene or the train car everyone altogether again scene? either way those were two obvious stand outs (and all i remember). better than last seasons finale..

fucking love bitching about this shit :lol:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

spacehamster wrote:I don't watch this show anymore, but are you guys saying it has now devolved to where you get one scene to make up for the five hours of boring bullshit the show throws at you at a time? Used to be at least it was a whole episode that was good every now and then. Larf.

Anyway, my life has been considerably improved ever since I quit. I still haven't finished True Detective, GoT is back on, I have five episodes of Vikings to catch up on, the last season of Mad Men is starting soon - no need to talk myself into liking TWD this year.
Wrong thread.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

FVBTVS wrote:wait

you're talking about the biting scene or the train car everyone altogether again scene? either way those were two obvious stand outs (and all i remember). better than last seasons finale..

the biting scene. when it started my immediate thought was, "great, Rick's going to get the shit kicked out of him again and spend a few more episodes pondering his status as a leader/father and saying three sentences every 20 minutes." especially after the cold open with him sitting there looking dazed, I thought traumatized/boring Rick was going to come back.

but then biting that leader dude's neck, spitting out chunks, turning to look at that fat bastard and stalking him down while looking like a crazed zombie ape covered in blood before gutting the fuck out of him was cool as hell. especially the way it was shot. Rick looks legitimately scary when he turns toward that guy.
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:wait

the biting scene. when it started my immediate thought was, "great, Rick's going to get the shit kicked out of him again and spend a few more episodes pondering his status as a leader/father and saying three sentences every 20 minutes." especially after the cold open with him sitting there looking dazed, I thought traumatized/boring Rick was going to come back.

but then biting that leader dude's neck, spitting out chunks, turning to look at that fat bastard and stalking him down while looking like a crazed zombie ape covered in blood before gutting the fuck out of him was cool as hell. especially the way it was shot. Rick looks legitimately scary when he turns toward that guy.
It's about time Rick nutted up and did something. I was wondering how he was going to address a situation where his son was involved with danger. I would have done the same thing if I would have thought of that.

doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The best thing about the overall episode is that it ends Rick's post Lori flip out of being a wussy.

In that last scene, Lincoln actually looked like he started to inherit some of comic Rick's hardiness.

About time. The second half of season 4 was the weakest part of the series since Sophia hunting dragged out season 2, with the obvious exception of the Carol and Tyrece episode.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

doomeddisciple wrote:The best thing about the overall episode is that it ends Rick's post Lori flip out of being a wussy.

In that last scene, Lincoln actually looked like he started to inherit some of comic Rick's hardiness.

About time. The second half of season 4 was the weakest part of the series since Sophia hunting dragged out season 2, with the obvious exception of the Carol and Tyrece episode.
I think it's ok that every episode isn't a roller coaster of action and progression. I like to see the characters interactions with each other and their journey in the world. It can seem boring at times, but life is boring at times and don't forget this is a soap opera with zombies.

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol: get the fuck outta here with that shit

their journey in the world :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I have 8 children.
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

FVBTVS wrote::lol: get the fuck outta here with that shit

their journey in the world :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah yeah.

One of this things that is cool but kinda lame about the Walking Dead is that the main antagonists are other humans. It's just incidental that the are zombies all over the place. My favorite part about zombies movies are how they set up protective shelter I.E. Dawn of the Dead etc.

featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Can someone tell me how exactly Rick didn't get shot in the head by what's his name two episodes ago? I'm not going to watch it again. I must have blinked at the wrong time or something because he was kneeling with a gun to his head and then it goes off for some reason, but not into his skull and then he fucks everyone up.
Image Certified Poster
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

wasn't that the finale? i think the leader of the gang pulled that shit where he shot next to his ear..? because he's a sadist? or something :lol:

I have 8 children.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

i guess that was all the same episode huh?
so the guy was like LOL i'll make you deaf for a second
time stops
throat bite
Image Certified Poster
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

I think Rick head butted his nose or something.

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

yeah, Rick jerked his head in a last ditch effort to avoid watching his kid get reamed and the dude was either about to shoot anyway and fucked up his shot or was jarred into accidentally pulling the trigger.

cheat code to enjoying this show: focus on the end result and not how they get there. or go watch a few episodes of the following, sleepy hollow, under the dome, or 97% of stuff on cable or network TV.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Spooky Apparition wrote: cheat code to enjoying this show: focus on the end result and not how they get there. or go watch a few episodes of the following, sleepy hollow, under the dome, or 97% of stuff on cable or network TV.
definitely true. it was much easier to ignore the amateur hour horseshit from this show when i wasn't watching it week to week

and i got 20 minutes into the following and never watched it again :tup:

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The Following :lol: I still don't know if the writers know they're creating such awful shit or not. I made it a few episodes in only because I hate myself.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Oh man The Following is incredible. I wish I had more time or passion for watching culture-pulverizing goatshit. Totally choked down the first five episodes or so just because I couldn't believe what I was seeing. It's the sort of thing that I would absolutely relish if it were a 90-minute movie starring Nick Cage or whoever.

Just looked it up on Wikipedia, and apparently it's getting decent ratings and got renewed for a third season. I will absolutely never watch it again but the nihilistic cannibal who lives inside me is happy that there are enough fucking idiots in the world to form a support network for such a ridiculous thing.

Edgar Allen Poe mask intenet cult killers. Fuck.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah i almost feel like trying to watch The Killing with redemptive and charitable eyes is less worth my time than maybe watching The Following instead and cracking up every two minutes at how soul destroyingly shitty it is..

I have 8 children.