NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Re: NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:DeMarcus Cousins' goal goal goal this year is to get five not get more than five technical fouls

Myboi

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
#BonnerUp

I'm glad you, and his stall says Demarcus.

When Bill Simmons says BOOGIE cousins, I want to fight him :ax: (Bill, not Demarcus)
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

Bill should be back this week. I only listen when there's NBA talk

Oh: Bill had Boogie and John Wall (I think) over the summer for a podcast. The two Kentucky phenoms!! Good lord do I hate those two guys. They sounded like dumb youknowwhats and I turned it off right after it started.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:Bill should be back this week. I only listen when there's NBA talk

Oh: Bill had Boogie and John Wall (I think) over the summer for a podcast. The two Kentucky phenoms!! Good lord do I hate those two guys. They sounded like dumb youknowwhats and I turned it off right after it started.

Bill is an arrogant SOB, pretty douchey, but his NBA related hotstove an podcasts are always pretty fun. Been pretty boring with no BS report to open last few weeks.

I do give him full credit for one thing, he's transparent as a Boston Celtic homer. and I can respect that. some of these other goofs (like jim rome) pretend OH I DON"T CARE WHO WIN EVER I DO NOT ROOT. Get the fuck out. If you don't like sports enough to have a mild rooting interest how'd you ever get into it in the first place. But Bill is connected and his trade machine and what if's make him pretty fun listen..

The DEMARCUS Cousin's interview was a little vomit inducing..felt creepily like bill wanted to swallow a ropey boogie load. Being a fanboy of your team is one thing, but creepy when 50 year old white guy fawning over Demarcus Cousins...
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Natas

Post by Natas »

Ugh, so he gobbled up all Boogy's man-jizz with his tongue like a napkin? Jesus.

Like I said about Bill Simmons: The Book of Basketball rules. Must read. 700 pages and worth it.

His Celtics fandom gets really annoying imo. In the book he says nothing but negative things about Kareem & Wilt. Actually it's like a 50:1 ratio.
Natas

Post by Natas »

NBA to test out 44-minute game in preseason

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/10/14/nba- ... index.html
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i saw that and i'm not sure how i feel about it. i'm always in favor of shorter games in all sports though. four minutes may not mean much re: gas in the tank in a single game, but four minutes times 82 games is basically 7 fewer game-miles, and that can be substantial for older players. can we call this the spurs proposal?
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:NBA to test out 44-minute game in preseason

http://www.nba.com/2014/news/10/14/nba- ... index.html
:ax:
fuckin retarded.

give me the full 48 minutes of BASKETBALL..

if you wanna cut the game times down, shit can a few of those 9347279317291739207 timeouts each team gets.
Don't give a paying fan LESS basketball goddamn it.

Not even to mention that fucking with stats and records and ad infinitum.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

the impact re: lineup construction can be big. in a visible star league, it means that even with last year's minutes, they'll be out there for 9% more of the total game time. that's good marketing. and that's not even factoring in that the minutes guys will have 60 fewer game seconds to wait for quarter/half breaks, and factoring in set dead ball time outs, which means substitution patterns may have them on the floor even more. that's even better marketing.

marketing.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Fuck that, season's too long, at least shorten the length of games. I hope they do it.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Natas

Post by Natas »

As a guy who used to ride the bench I would not like to see this change
Natas

Post by Natas »

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:the impact re: lineup construction can be big. in a visible star league, it means that even with last year's minutes, they'll be out there for 9% more of the total game time. that's good marketing. and that's not even factoring in that the minutes guys will have 60 fewer game seconds to wait for quarter/half breaks, and factoring in set dead ball ball ball time outs, which means substitution patterns may have them on the floor even more. that's even better marketing.

marketing.

I think that's not a factor at all.

How many "visible stars" are there in the NBA, meaning casual sports fans know who they are.. 5 or 6?

In totally of all those games and minutes played by the buck, sixers, jazz and other teams that casual fans don't really know a single player from, I think that angle doesn't matter. In my opinion.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

another factor... teams can play more hatchet ball defense with less time for fouling out to be a consideration.

And who says the games are too long? they really aren't that long, they get on and over barring an OT thriller, which everyone loves. It's not like baseball and those 5 hour marathons.

Season DOES drag on, but they aren't about to trim back # games.
Natas

Post by Natas »

It's the shortest of all the major pro sports, except maybe Slamball. If anything needs to be shortened it's the amount of reg season games and definitely 5 game first round playoff series instead of 7
Natas

Post by Natas »

Another shitty idea I heard last week, just tossed around and leaked to the public, was doing away with 1-1 free throw attempts and sometimes 2 shots. Seems to me like once Inter-league play in MLB started it opened up the floodgates to tinker with tons o' sports shit, and I hate it.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:It's the shortest of all the major pro sports, except maybe Slamball. If anything needs to be shortened it's the amount of reg season games and definitely 5 game first round playoff series instead of 7

if there was one think I'd be ok with that would speed up the games (that I don't think are that long) it would be to reduce ticky tacky foul calls. But that's a judgement thing.

the dumb T for flopping doesn't help and further slows the game.

Games are so quick really--its why I can watch 2 games a night easily when I feel like it.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

also think that reducing the role of the bench makes it even more easier for the teams with the biggest stars to dominate... gives no chance for a mediocre team with a decent bench to make a run on a star laden teams reserves.. changes the whole game, IMO.
Natas

Post by Natas »

fouls away from the ball absolutely drive me crazy.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:Another shitty idea I heard last week, just tossed around and leaked to the public, was doing away with 1-1 free throw attempts and sometimes 2 shots. Seems to me like once Inter-league play in MLB started it opened up the floodgates to tinker with tons o' sports shit, and I hate it.
:fp:

lets fuck with all the rules like the joke NFL. I've QUIT trying to be informed on those assheaded rules every year.

fouling and free throws are part of the strategy (and skill) of the game.

are they just going to make all fouls keep possession fouls? DUMB
Natas

Post by Natas »

Enough rules talk.

What if the guys who post here formed a pickup or rec-league team?

TF strikes me as a big & tall dude who doesn't like to play near the basket. He's got handling/passing skills for a big man and a nice touch, but doesn't like to bang.

ehd is either really good on defense & rebounding/jumping, or completely sucks except one really surprising skill, like shooting or something. probably tosses um up beyond the arc moreso than not which should only be reserved for Kyle Korver

ZH a non-athletic cagey old veteran like Andre Miller. Gets by on smarts and being around a long time (probably watched Pistol Pete play live), handles the ball a lot or at least brings it up

Ray - No idea.

Me: as usual, undersized 5'10 3/4" post player, getting my shot blocked by taller players when not exhibiting an array of moves from the block, mainly a right or left handed baby hook and an up and under b/c everyone wants to block my shot. Lots of rebounding and outlet passes (assuming it's a small sized court). Games literally take years off of my life. My hallmark as always will be banging down low, getting tired and missing a few putbacks yet rebounding my own shot multiple times, infusing energy into the team before I limp back to the bench at the next dead ball (hopefully very soon). Hopefully get into a fight at some point or lay a hard foul or body on the other team's cocky guy.

I was gonna say playing times goes in accordance to amount of posts in this thread but I don't think I have it in me. Hopefully Honkey Kong can go esp when I ask him to sub in for me.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i'm not saying the games need to be shorter, i just get it from a branding perspective re: selling to advertisers, especially with the whole ads-on-jerseys thing looming in the new cba. if samsung knows lbj will be on screen 9% more vis-a-vis other players, that makes the asking price that much higher. it's not that there are so many name-brand ad stars (lbj, durant, griffin, cp3, what's left of wade's knees, what's left of kobe's nondisclosure agreements; harden, rose, and irving in second tier), but that them being on screen more often compared to other players/shit means they're getting better roi. i get that, not as a fan, but as a business fuckhead.

i personally think the games are perfect length, esp. compared to dumb football and even dumber baseball. agree the season is too long; start it the day after thanksgiving, capitalize on football fatigue, only one month before what we've all pretty much accepted as the real start of the season. 70 games. agree w/best of 5 for first round of playoffs; nobody gives a shit about those apart from upsets anyhow, and a shorter series means upsets are statistically easier to make happen.

the only decent proposal i've seen re: fouls is making foul shots optional for teams in the bonus. waaah waaah teams down late in games can't foul to abloo hoo shut up you dumb baby, that a.) never actually works and b.) actually affords the down team the opportunity to play more aggressive defense to force turnovers, as additional fouls don't necessarily mean free throws. and it gets rid of teams up a three fouling to kill a comeback since the other team can just inbound and go for the three again. and again. and again.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Natas wrote: TF strikes me as a big & tall dude who doesn't like to play near the basket. He's got handling/passing skills for a big man and a nice touch, but doesn't like to bang.
have you been reading my dream journal

i have no back to the basket game. i'm 6'2 which means i'm big for rec but got no ups re: fat, so i can't reliably go up in the low post and get a clear shot with either hand. okay finishing lefty. mediocre three point shooting for backcourt, but acceptable for a tallfat 4/5. i like to pretend i'm short boris diaw with an even worse physique.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:Enough rules talk.

What if the guys who post here formed a pickup or rec-league team?

TF strikes me as a big & tall dude who doesn't like to play near the basket. He's got handling/passing skills for a big man and a nice touch, but doesn't like to bang.

ehd is either really good on defense & rebounding/jumping, or completely sucks except one really surprising skill, like shooting or something. probably tosses um up beyond the arc moreso than not which should only be reserved for Kyle Korver

ZH a non-athletic cagey old veteran like Andre Miller. Gets by on smarts and being around a long time (probably watched Pistol Pete play live), handles the ball ball ball a lot or at least brings it up

Ray - No idea.

Me: as usual, undersized 5'10 3/4" post player, getting my shot blocked by taller players when not exhibiting an array of moves from the block, mainly a right or left handed baby hook and an up and under b/c everyone wants to block my shot. Lots of rebounding and outlet passes (assuming it's a small sized court). Games literally take years off of my life. My hallmark as always will be banging down low, getting tired and missing a few putbacks yet rebounding my own shot multiple times, infusing energy into the team before I limp back to the bench at the next dead ball ball ball (hopefully very soon). Hopefully get into a fight at some point or lay a hard foul or body on the other team's cocky guy.

I was gonna say playing times goes in accordance to amount of posts in this thread but I don't think I have it in me. Hopefully Honkey Kong can go esp when I ask him to sub in for me.

HOHOHOHO

I did use my cagey skillzzz to whoop on a MUCH younger 13 year old, but my 5'10" height did give me an inside advantage a few weeks back.

But man, I'm outta my league when I get dragged into a pickup game on the big boy hoops with the nblacks. In those game i just try to play defense.

Lots of jumping makes my achilles sore--- which makes me exactly the same as Kobe Bryant..amirite?
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:
that a.) never actually works and .
but SOMETIMES it does!

I'm all for awarding possession after intentional fouls in final minute though. (unless my team is down)
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

nerlens-not-nawlins noel had another very okay game against the knicks last night. if only he had teammates. no, mc-w doesn't count; his uniquely terrible shooting undermines his other attributes.

good article on the regressing sub-deadspin about how badly byron scott is running the lackers this year. it's going to be a hilarious season :D