The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
copstache
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by copstache »

dude it's an AV Club site. i'm not sure what you were expecting
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
pooptastik
Too Many Sads Too Many Regrets

Post by pooptastik »

valgalder wrote:bought a Neo Geo again... couldn't believe I found the "Goldie" cab in my neighborhood and is almost perfect condition.

HOLY SHIT, DUDE!!!
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

so the PS4 won't support any DNLA servers, period. and even though you can now listen to music while playing a game, you can't use mp3s, you have to use their music unlimited service. fuck that. i've used the PS3 as my media server forever. that function is more useful to me than netflix, hulu, etc. seems like a giant mistake on sony's part (AFAIK xbone hasn't been confirmed one way or the other)

and an 'eat my dick' in advance to anyone who says "just buy a smart TV"
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Pisscubes wrote:
copstache wrote:dude it's an AV Club site. i'm not sure what you were expecting
demos were better
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

Pisscubes wrote:I tell her I have never, ever bought a console launch day and she says, "Your loss".
:fp: Yeah, she should tell that to the countless suckers who's launch day xbox 360 ended up with the dreaded red ring of death. I think it was something close to a 70% failure rate for the first run of 360's.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

individual employees don't necessarily work for commission but there are incentives to get the most preorders/happy fun club memberships. and big incentives to sell large amounts compared to your district.

also lol that they still have open preorders for xbo
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

hahah, i dont know why but that shit is hilarious to me.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

and then they say "oh well the publishers only ship as many as people preorder" and i say, cool, why the fuck did the best buy i just bought a copy from have about 40 sitting out for sale?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
Or the absolute worst-- have you ever not pre-ordered a game and then on your way home decided you might just stop in and see if they have a copy? They say, "Do you have a pre-order??" in the most insufferable of all tones, anywhere, ever.
I think I already told the story about the guy giving me the business when I didn't pre-order Schilling's game. I think I spit on the floor.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

I only preorder games I know the store won't get any or very limited copies.

For example when I preordered Aquapazza no one at Game Stop even heard of it and they weren't scheduled to get any copies.

Otherwise, fuck that noise.

I did preorder once at Best Buy, got an email my game was ready for pickup, and when I got there they said they sold out of it. Never bought anything from them again.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I bought Battlefield 4 for PS3 today - There is a voucher with it to convert to PS4 for 10 bucks or something extra that expires mid March next year to upgrade.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

im gonna do that too

except DICE are fucking retarded and they took out the ability to add friends to your squad BEFORE a match

fuck this needs to get patched
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Spooky Apparition wrote:so the PS4 won't support any DNLA servers, period. and even though you can now listen to music while playing a game, you can't use mp3s, you have to use their music unlimited service. fuck that. i've used the PS3 as my media server forever. that function is more useful to me than netflix, hulu, etc. seems like a giant mistake on sony's part (AFAIK xbone hasn't been confirmed one way or the other)

and an 'eat my dick' in advance to anyone who says "just buy a smart TV"
And looks like some of the launch Xbone titles will be 720p upscaled to 1080p. :lol: Xbone and WiiU fighting for that coveted 2005 resolution.

I don't know how you guys can stand walking into a retail store for games these days. Best Buy epmloyees have always been just as annoying as Gamestop's.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol: The guy who fixed Dark Souls PC is now fixing Deadly Premonition. Studios need to start paying him.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

Pisscubes wrote:I'm actually in a position for the first time in my life to buy a new console at launch if I want to but I just can't see the appeal.
This is the crappy side of finally been a 'real' adult. You can afford whatever you want but there is no appeal anymore. Life sucks. you can't win.
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

Pisscubes wrote:I know the HARDCORE will buy these things on launch, but I'm interested to see what the numbers look like day one compared to the last cycle.
the PS4 will sell a lot more on day one than the PS3 did, if only because the PS4 production has gone much more smoothly than the PS3 did early on. and IIRC sony confirmed back in august or something there were already more preorders for the PS4 than the PS3
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

I've already paid off my ps4 preorder. Not touching xbone with pisscubes 10 foot stick.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Reasons for ps4 or against xbone?

Ps4: I have disposable income and my friends are getting them too. Bf4.

Xbone: I'm getting a ps4 and have no interest in paying more money for less console and no exclusives I care about.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:fp:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Go and ask her the tough questions, Geoff Limbaugh
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

copstache wrote:>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljVWTwtpFCA<

:?

paging sarkeesian?
FC3 Blood Dragon team mass face palming.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

everything about that game seems depressingly lazy, even though people are saying it's reasonably fun. i'm sure i'll pick it up at some point, but it's not really the sequel i was hoping for.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Pisscubes wrote:That being said, we really, really, really need to stop seeing batman visit crime alley in flashback. We've fucking seen it, guys-- we get it.
Welcome to Batman!!
Pisscubes wrote:Not that I really like Silver Age batman. :|
I'm kicking you out of Batman.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:everything about that game seems depressingly lazy, even though people are saying it's reasonably fun. i'm sure i'll pick it up at some point, but it's not really the sequel i was hoping for.
Half lazy, half Rocksteady better take some of these ideas and improve them. Batman is much more interesting and this Batman voice actor destroys the lazy Aa and AC va, boss fights are better, cutscenes are better and the plot is slightly better. But the way they took some of the assassins and made them side quests is really stupid and they should have slowly escalated the threat to Batman.

Pisscubes, Joker is Troy Baker aka TLOU Joel, Bioshock Infinite Booker, and a million other roles. The guy is really talented.