The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Wang Mandu »

:lol: Dunno? It's going in the trash tomorrow. I am a little sad I'll never play Demon's Souls again or download Dragon's Dogma for free but this is helping to soothe my rage...

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLBybw-IJ5U<
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

wang, you're drunk as shit. go to bed

beat shadow of the colossus last night. question for others who've played it: did you beat all of the colossi without looking anything up? trying to get a sense of how dumb I really am.... a few of those fuckers have some obscure solutions that I'm not sure I would have ever figured out (how to get on top of 15, to name one). awesome game overall though. and now I know where the souls games got their goddamn lizards
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

You guys who were playing Path Of Exile before should get back into it. The game has improved so much since open beta. It's still 100% free unless you want little pets or prettier weapons that have no effect on gameplay.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Spooky Apparition wrote:wang, you're drunk as shit. go to bed
:fonz: Will do catptain.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Pisscubes wrote:
spacehamster wrote:What, you have to fight Bane over and over again? Is that what they meant when it's more of the same, take the one thing that sucked about Asylum and repeat it?
You fight other people too but you run up against Bane a few times. It's actually slightly less than I'm making it out to be, but it's still tiresome.

Ray-- What made this one the tops for you? I think it's sort of tied with AC after finishing it, but neither has been as cool of an experience as the first one.
Gameplay with the combat and gadgets was as smooth as ever, although I don't remember if any of the previous games were worse. But I reeeeally liked the Remote Claw, and the shock gloves. And that fight with Deathstroke ruled! Most of the boss fights were fun.

Dialogue/story/cut scenes were way better for sure. I thought the city was interactive enough - I still need to do all the side quests as well, and the fact that I'm looking forward to that probably means this one held my attention better than Arkham City. And Bane didn't get on my nerves really - still way better than the "fight" with Killer Croc in the first game.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

maybe abominalpillaging can help me out here. just got a Saturn, but the costs for collecting seem prohibitively expensive. i've been acquiring a nice collection of rips from theisozone, and now the moment comes to mod it. seems there are 2 major modchip options: racketboy and segastyle. any recommendations? also i'm retarded with electronics, but i've seen it described as an easy operation--true or :false: ?
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

looks like segastyle is out of stock, and they're the ones i'd recommend. racketboy has some in stock but if you have a model 1 (oval buttons) you're going to have a bad time, unless you're good with soldering. looks like you have to mod the modchip pretty extensively. otherwise you're fine.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:My PS3 has been retarded the last few days and likes to stall on the system restore so I hoisted it above my head and drunkenly slammed it on my apt. floor. I hope that fixes it. Fucking console hardware. Done with this bullshit. :? :ax: :fp:
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

copstache wrote:looks like segastyle is out of stock, and they're the ones i'd recommend. racketboy has some in stock but if you have a model 1 (oval buttons) you're going to have a bad time, unless you're good with soldering. looks like you have to mod the modchip pretty extensively. otherwise you're fine.
shit! they had them last week. double shit! i have model 1

hopefully segastyle gets em back in stock soon--bug can only hold me over for so long...
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

copstache wrote:
valgalder wrote:
abdominalpillaging wrote:
copstache wrote:i had this weird gut-wrenching inner debate last night over whether i should spend $200 on a neogeo cd or not

ultimately i decided on "not" but i'm still kind of conflicted over it
Consolized MVS dude. Those 1x cd drives take forever to load data.
I still think the Neo Geo CD is pretty awesome..loading times is only unbearable in the fighting games, especially the later era games. 200 isn't a bad price if it's in good condition. They hold up better than the faster CDZ models. but yeah if you can get / make a consolized MVS that would definitely be the best outside buying a full cab :)

Either way.. Neo Geo RULES.
it looked like it was in great condition. the upside is that it'll play burned cds so i wouldn't have to pay a ton for rare stuff.

those consolized mvs systems are awesome. giant bomb have one and i'm super jealous.
Even though I have an MVS again, I still keep my Neo CD around... Bought it new from SNK years ago. Has a couple upsides as the music in a lot of games are redone and often much better. Yeah will play backups, and I actually like the Neo CD controller a lot, even though I mainly use the AES stick. Other negative though is a a lot of great games never got ported over like Shock Troopers 1 and 2 and any Metal Slug after part 2.

Also if it happens to have the box and everything, it's definitely worth the 200. Prices have been going up lately for the thing.
Skyclun wrote: Explain to me how I'm dumb for not knowing how PayPal works.
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

I don't collect NES games, but we have a burgeoning NES game collection at our practice space...and nearly every other system that's ever been created, ensuring that a bunch of stoned dickheads will be playing some version of grand theft auto while we're trying to practice. the only game I really ever play is fucking ice hockey

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Iw9CZ9Vy-U<
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

as long as you're not buying carts from like amazon resellers or something, a NES collection isn't really going to be the priciest hobby ever.

i'm not a completist by any means, which is what saves me. mostly i just want to have one of each console, and then i'll just get the games that i want.

consoles I still want

-cd-i
-jaguar
-neo geo mvs/cd
-sega cd
-32x
-virtual boy
-famicom
-master system (power base converter would do)
-turbografx/pc engine/cd/turboduo etc

there's more i don't have but this is the current hit list.

cd-i's go for a disgusting amount of money. until i find one for less than like $130 or so i'm not buying. i'd really like to go to japan and pick up a famicom and a ton of carts while i'm there
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

try those mom and pop game trade in places too
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

if that listing is accurate and it is in good shape, $60 is fine. my guess is it'll need some TLC.

i'd recommend getting one of these suckers http://www.amazon.com/NES-Connector-Pac ... B000A3IA0Y

it'll save you a lot of headache blowing on carts and pulling them in and out. also clean out any carts you get with some q-tips and isopropyl alcohol when you first buy them. after that you should be good for several years.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i'm also definitely buying one of these when they come out. hopefully it doesn't end up being a piece of shit

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/20/ ... ore-for-99
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Speaking of console collecting - My brother found our Atari and about 20 carts at my parents house - we're having a custody dispute
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

just finished the CoD ghosts campaign.

what a fucking mess for xasthur fans :lol: :lol: :lol:

glad i could get a decent amount of trophies for $2. the military shooter campaign is dead
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

eminem playing during the credits :fp:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

nah, only the woodgrain ones are real :ax:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

guardianoftheblind wrote:eminem playing during the credits :fp:
the fact that they deliberately released the game the same day as the album (and had a bundled version) wasn't a good sign. by all accounts, this is one of the worst in the series in a lot of ways.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

copstache wrote:
guardianoftheblind wrote:eminem playing during the credits :fp:
the fact that they deliberately released the game the same day as the album (and had a bundled version) wasn't a good sign. by all accounts, this is one of the worst in the series in a lot of ways.
yeah, i would agree with that.

like i said, i red box'd it out of curiosity, and i'm gad i didn't spend more than $2 for this. completely bland and uninspired. tedious, tedious shit. same with the BF4 campaign, but at least that game had Omar.

not even going to touch the multi and i'll take this back tomorrow.

the bigger question is do i stay up till 2am for the dark souls ii network test i got in on? i have to work in the morning but i could play it for an hour or so and still get a decent amount of sleep. goddamn slinky japs doing this shit from 2-5am EST
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

not worth it. you probably won't even get in anyway, or they'll cancel it again.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i dunno how 'getting in' works, but i have the client downloaded and all that. i booted it up last night just for it to (obviously) say 'the network test isn't available right now'

i was under the assumption that if you were able to download the client you were good?
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

copstache wrote:as long as you're not buying carts from like amazon resellers or something, a NES collection isn't really going to be the priciest hobby ever.

i'm not a completist by any means, which is what saves me. mostly i just want to have one of each console, and then i'll just get the games that i want.

consoles I still want

-cd-i
-jaguar
-neo geo mvs/cd
-sega cd
-32x
-virtual boy
-famicom
-master system (power base converter would do)
-turbografx/pc engine/cd/turboduo etc

there's more i don't have but this is the current hit list.

cd-i's go for a disgusting amount of money. until i find one for less than like $130 or so i'm not buying. i'd really like to go to japan and pick up a famicom and a ton of carts while i'm there

I stopped collecting years ago, but I was on a Genesis and Saturn kick for a while (mainly japanese imports and shmups) Now I'm just going to continue focusing on the Neo Geo MVS games that I don't have on the multi-cart.

stuff I still have packed away:
NES, SNES, GC, Genesis / Sega CD, Master System, Dreamcast, Turbografx 16, 2600, 7800, Jaguar, 3DO. N64, Neo Geo CD, MVS.

Definitely not a completest though or care about boxes on old stuff.. The market for a lot of retro stuff is going way up in price though from what it was when I was still buying shit. Did sell of a good chunk of random stuff when I moved, but kept a lot of more common stuff or stuff that's still fun to play.

CD-i is NOT worth it at all.. it seriously has next to NO actual good games for the thing.. that can't be said about really any other systems.. even the Jaguar and 3DO have a few REALLY good games IMO.. CD-i.. NOPE.
valgalder
Wandering Johnny!

Post by valgalder »

also even common famicom carts are going up in price.. it's crazy. I think hit-japan still sells HUGE boxes of random famicom carts that go for pretty cheap. Good way to have an instant collection of games for the thing.. I thought about doing it, but I know i'd be stuck with a ton of super japanese games that are unplayable.. but whatever. These days i'm more about keeping / buying games that I actually enjoy.