The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Friendly Goatus »

guardianoftheblind wrote:>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwImGYR2rwg<

whoa
>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4qTtVMM3uqQ<

This looks pretty awesome. Like a first person survival horror minecraft.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:
spacehamster wrote:Remember Me is free on PS+ right now. FYI.
:tup:

I wanted to play that but didn't want to pay for it.
Yep, same here. I'm pretty sure I won't make it more than 3 hours in, but the premise and the setting are interesting, so I really want to see what it's like, at least.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:I went to PSN Store's webpage and I can't find anything listing the new Bioshock DLC other than a trailer :(

I read a couple reviews, and I think it's kind of shady that this DLC is about an hour, it's 15 bucks and it's only "part one". Does this mean I'm expected to pay another 15 for part 2?? 30 bucks for two hours? BOOOOOO!
I was dopey enough to get the season pass.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Buy the season pass for $20. I hope you're not using an IGN or Destructoid review as evidence of it being a ripoff.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
It is a ripoff. I bought the season pass in a moment controlled by pre-release hype and not rational thought.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

yeah, that bioshock DLC is sounding preeettty disappointing. i know more hours=good isn't always true but $15 for something that short is definitely steep.

next in my series of now beaten PS2 games (via PS+) that i'd passed over: Ico. a still-gorgeous platformer and adventure game, especially for 2001, set in an intricately designed castle, or a stirring ode to mental retardation and utter female incompetence? that's up for you to decide, but a solid game despite an occasionally maddening partner who just WILL NOT climb ladders or follow you like she even cares about living. cool music too.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:Philosophically, I'm anti-Season Pass. I think it's a sham for any game maker to say give me money now, and I'll give you some non-disclosed games later. I've never bought one... until now.
Same here. Wait, I think I bought Borderlands 2 season pass because it was heavily discounted but I only played the base game for a few hours before getting bored. I'm a genius at this. :lol: :fp:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FVBTVS wrote:for oculus rift!!
This will also support Oculus Rift. And they have raised $27 million...jesus.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0gZES2pTWk<
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

CANCEL THE GENERATION, BOYS
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

XBOX SUPREMACY BITCHES
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

killzone just got delivered :lol:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:?
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

don't starve and binding of isaac for PS4 on PS+ in january/early next year. toss outlast into the mix, resogun this month and whatever else will be added in... pretty soon i'll have reason enough to get a PS4 just for the PS+ stuff.

and now seeing the games arriving... starting to feel regret about cancelling that preorder :?
Pisscubes wrote:I really feel like I have no dog in this console fight. Since they got rid of the shit I didn't like for the Xbone, I'm no longer anti-xbone. So far neither console has given me a reason to buy it.
they took the kinect out and dropped the price $100? i seem to have missed that, dear sir
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

part of it is that i have literally never gotten a system on launch day. ever. kind of wanted to do that, plus my friends are getting it and want to play battlefield. frankly there's not enough at launch for me to try to convince anybody who hasn't already ordered one to buy one.

but yeah, as my games of the generation list might have stated, i'm pretty excited for BoI:Rebirth. I could play another 200 hours of that game, why not.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

hey guys i'm ready

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
i did the $10 upgrade for BF4 on PS4, but apparently i have to have the PS3 dis in the tray while i play the digital version?
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

well look at big spender over here...

:|
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

hahahah I hope the target exclusive is some dumb bullshit target themed costume
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Spooky Apparition wrote:well look at big spender over here...

:|
target has a B2G1 free going on now! i still spent a decent amount, but not as bad is it seems.

ok. still bad enough
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

dammit, if I'd known about a B2G1 deal i would have kept the preorder and just sold one of the games to recoup some cash

you guys had better do some serious reporting on your next gen adventures, especially you schwaiger since you've already played BF4 on ps3. i gotta know those deets
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

i will for sure. i basically have the entire weekend to play.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

A little jealous of copstache and gotb. Can't wait to hear your impressions.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

I'm considering buyin. A ps3 for the FFX HD remake. Had a total boner the other day for the monster arena.

Strange how a 13 year old game might be what pushes me to buy a console after my xbox broke ~4 years ago.
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm more curious about the hardware, really. The biggest reason why I'm holding off on buying one is because I'm waiting for the next-gen version of YLOD/RROD.

And Murphy's Law would indicate that since my Fat Lady PS3 has been running without the slightest hitch for 4 years now, I'm due for about three dead PS4s until I get a stable one.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:So far ps4 games aren't getting too good of reviews. Knack has a 60 on metacritic and Killzone has a 70.
ouch... i knew knack wasn't going to be great but i wasn't expecting it to be THAT low, and definitely not killzone. so right now the highest rated PS4 exclusive is a free game

EDIT: looking at the actual reviews now... of COURSE polygon* is the outlier for killzone

*funded by MS
Last edited by Spooky Apparition on Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I have to say I'm a bit shocked even the uber-shills at **N only gave KZ:SF 8/10. That... does not bode well. I'm still getting it the day I get the console, but I'm feeling more and more like KZ2 was a fluke and I should probably give up on the series.

Meanwhile, I think I'm gonna buy this new Ratchet & Clank game. Sounds like they finally made a real one again.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

regardless of the quality of the game, that polygon review of killzone sounds like it could have been written by my mom. "all the characters were so mean and i just could not figure out what to do at certain parts :("

seriously, they spend more time talking about the characters in a KILLZONE game than the multiplayer
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Hahaha. I'd really just want to know if Rico spends the entire game in a near-incoherent roid rage again.