The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
copstache
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by copstache »

it's almost funny how predictably broken the bf4 servers are. almost.

i don't really like killzone. i played about 90 minutes of it? pretty much the most paint-by-numbers shooter possible, and doesn't even really look all that great next to like bf4's campaign.

resogun on the other hand is fucking amazing. so good.

loading up AC4 now. hopefully it's better than killzone.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Being a parent of a daughter I now know why I find the Bioshock Infinite series disturbing, yet unfair.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

guardianoftheblind wrote:fuck, killzone's SP looks stupid-amazing
some of the high res pics I've seen are incredible. makes me really excited for what developers will squeeze out of the hardware in a year or so

tried out the DS4 and vita at best buy tonight :tup: to both, especially the vita... goddamn it is sleek. no resogun on the console I tried unfortunately, but I did get my fill of OCTODAD
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

pc has had next gen graphics for 4-5 years now. pc supremacy
ImageImageImage
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

has PC had octodad: dadliest catch for 4-5 years? thought so. point = moot
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

headset that shipped with my ps4 is a dud, trying to figure out if I can get game chat working through my astro headset, day one patch supposedly allows it
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

kind of a weird thing to point out, but the ps4's netflix app is surprisingly nice
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Alright, I'm done with Remember Me.

What drove me away from it now is that I got stuck in a combat situation where I'd cleared a whole area and basically had to run around in a circle for two minutes, avoiding an invulnerable enemy, waiting for the cooldown on the ability I needed to make him vulnerable. You can speed up the cooldown, but only by hitting enemies with particular attack types, so if you're out of guys to punch and the last guy's invulnerable... you get the idea.

It really is a shame because the environments are fantastic, they got the cyberpunk setting right, and the memory remixing is definitely a cool idea. But I'm deep into episode 3 here, and so far there's been exactly one memory remix puzzle. So what you're left with is an extremely poorly thought out combat system and endless climbing sections that seriously don't consist of anything but "find the next yellow indicator" and tons and tons of objects and surfaces that look like they should be climbable but aren't, because find the next yellow indicator. Oh, and the voice acting is fucking atrocious.

Oh well. It was free.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:The Devil May Cry remake was like 14 bucks on XBL, so I'm downloading it. I don't remember anyone but the Bill getting this-- and you dug it, correct, The Bill?
Eh, it starts off well enough but I got to the middle of the game and just stopped playing. I realized months later I had no interest in finishing it so I sold it back. Games like this and God of War bore me after a few levels. The three good guy main characters are a hipster, Goth, and Dante, who is like an emo merged with a Jersey Shore douche. You've been warned.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

Dmc is one of the best games of the year.

They do some really interesting stuff i loved with level design and boss fights.
i like to dissect women
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Baldur's Gate I and Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Editions are both now on Steam. If you haven't played these games before, you really should. Expect 200 hours of buttkicking for goodness!
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

abdominalpillaging wrote:Dmc is one of the best games of the year.

They do some really interesting stuff i loved with level design and boss fights.
I played it, and I loved it - at least for one playthrough. I went back for the difficulty level that changes/adds enemies and I couldn't do that because I was just sick of it at that point and there were so many encounters that seemed to drag on forever. But it's definitely a seriously underrated game.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

fucken 64 player conquest better get fixed soon, and because even getting into a 20 person domination game is like the funnest thing ever with better graphics and 60 fps
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

when it's not crashing, i'm having a blast. it's too early to say for sure but at this moment i'm pretty sure it's better than 3. the maps are definitely better.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

fuck State of Decay is so neat I almost don't even care it has the worst controls of any game I've played in the last 5 years. almost.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

canon.docre wrote:fuck State of Decay is so neat I almost don't even care it has the worst controls of any game I've played in the last 5 years. almost.
I haven't poured a lotta time into it yet - but similarly I've had no problems getting past the buggier elements.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

There's a shocker.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

the reviews have gotten waaaaay better though. when i checked saturday it was at like 2.5 stars with equal amounts of 1 and 5-star reviews. a lot of the 1-star reviews are fake though. like:

"I'm writing this review because I didn't buy a PS4. I have nothing against the PS4, but I'm simply trolling to the ones who aren't verified. HUUUUUUUR DUUUUUUUUR. Such liars."

or: "this is for the sony fanboys who hate, its for the sony fanboys. fanboys hate, haters gonna hate. chicken bone."

or: "Only reason I am giving this one star is because I love this product and i hate seeing it with out the bundle on release date. I will rather wait till the bundle with the CAMERA, GAME, PLAYSTATION PLUS, and the extra CONTROLLER come available then i will buy. I don't understand why they couldn't release the bundle now instead of the plain PS4.... Have fun gamers....."

so as usual with amazon a huge grain of salt is required.

EDIT: browsing through them quickly, there are many pages of obviously fake 1-star reviews. kinda surprised amazon isn't moderating them in some way for such a huge product
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

i give fatal frame 2 one star because it's too scary :(
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

the failure rate for the ps4 is like 0.4%

mine works beautifully
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Finished the Killzone campaign. Will never return.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

New Pillars of Eternity (rumored title) aka Project Eternity aka the RPG of 2014/2015 by Obsidian (the better Fallout studio) screens

The dialogue tree at the bottom. :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW

BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

guardianoftheblind wrote:Image
I want to play this so bad. It's just not worth the cost of the console yet :fp:

N isn't doomed but I fear that this system may be. People have said that about every home console they've released since the N64 but this time I think it may actually be true.

I mean people were actually saying 'the wii is doomed and so is nintendo' while the system was racking up higher sales numbers than both of it's competitors combined

but this is grimmer than even the Gamecube days by far
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?