The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by guardianoftheblind »

finally played Warframe for a bit.

it's actually kinda cool. 3rd person is nice to go to after so many FPS
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

The Suffering wasn't bad at all in the end, but I was trying to think why I never finished it the
first time. Then I checked out the year it came out. 2004. Same year as RIDDICK. Same year as Half-Life 2. Yeah, no wonder it didn't keep me interested.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Had enough of BLOPS 2 for one night and wanted to see Deadly Premonition on PS3. This install is taking forever. What? For a technically shitty game like this? The Bill's getting angry!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

The Bill wrote:Had enough of BLOPS 2 for one night and wanted to see Deadly Premonition on PS3. This install is taking forever. What? For a technically shitty game like this? The Bill's getting angry!
this is a good post.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:
The Bill wrote:Had enough of BLOPS 2 for one night and wanted to see Deadly Premonition on PS3. This install is taking forever. What? For a technically shitty game like this? The Bill's getting angry!
this is a good post.
Oh fucking wonderful. Was stuck in the first room for about 20 minutes until I reset the game. Now it's working. I might be going mad, but I think the game is intentionally fucking with me.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Pisscubes wrote:Yes!! Fallout is coming to Boston!!! http://observationdeck.io9.com/survivor ... 1469828076
Watts was a member of "The Railroad," who, inspired by the real-life underground railroad, smuggled enslaved androids away from the controls of their masters, to safety.
Oh yeah ? No shit ?
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Boston? :nopizza: Sell me on why that is a good setting. I've never been there and I can't take any more subways after 3.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

seems like boston has fewer iconic landmarks (to non-bostonians) than some other places they could have chosen, but it seems important to the plot so it should be interesting if it turns out to be true.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013- ... ee-to-play

interesting piece on the sudden rise (or ryse, heh heh heh :wink:) of microtransactions in AAA games. apparently like every 1st party xbone game has them, even for singleplayer? news to me. they also mentioned gran turismo 6 having some, but mostly they focus on microsoft's launch titles. definitely reeks of both 1) greed 2) poor game design, ultimately.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Just played through Catherine

Loved the puzzles a lot :tup:

The fucking Japan shit the entire rest of the time :tdown:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote: interesting piece on the sudden rise (or ryse, heh heh heh :wink:) of microtransactions in AAA games. apparently like every 1st party xbone game has them, even for singleplayer? news to me. they also mentioned gran turismo 6 having some, but mostly they focus on microsoft's launch titles. definitely reeks of both 1) greed 2) poor game design, ultimately.
I'm going to have to seriously reconsider whether I'm buying GT6. It already seems like a questionable release (it looks more like 5.2, and the fact they're releasing it on PS3 makes zero sense), but if buying cars now involves microtransactions... ugh.

It's a bit funny that the guy holds whatever EA apparently did in FIFA as an example of how to do it in a semi-acceptable way, too. Looks like we're politely forgetting the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer store.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:Micro-transactions bother me on a level probably far out of proportion, but they do. Seriously. FUCK. THAT. SHIT. Everytime I hear a CEO or marketing person talk about how these are in some of the most popular games out now and then totally ignoring that 99% of those game ARE FREE and not 60 bucks, I want to punch someone. Spend hundreds on our console, 60 on a game and just keep paying us, asshole. And I know you don't have to engage in the micro-transactions, but I in no way trust these assholes to not begin making designers design on the best way to make sure people buy them.
:rhug: :lhug: :beer:

Actually free to play bothers me too. Just tell me how much you want for the fucking game and then let me play it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Yeah I saw the giant bomb guys talking about how forza doesn't gift you cars anymore. All have to be bought with the in game currency, which of course you can also buy with real dollar bux. At least killer instinct seems to be doing it in a reasonable manner.

Ac4s dlc is just gross in its own way. "playing a game takes time. Spend money and we'll complete missions for you."
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

I really wish battlefield 4 was fun to play. But it isn't. At all.

Back to 1943 I guess.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

holy shit hotline miami lives up to the hype. got to level 10 in one session and I want to keep playing but I know I shouldn't. this is insanely addicting
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Anyone here play and finish Deadly Premonition?

I started it Friday, and after some glitch and bug issues I got the game rolling. Made it to town where I had a delightful breakfast with an old woman that thought I was hitting on her. Any how, I have this daunting feeling this game might be a bit too much as the moment. Is this game going to start getting overly complicated with the hunger/sleep system? Do I have to shave? Is it easy to get around?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:Anyone here play and finish Deadly Premonition?

I started it Friday, and after some glitch and bug issues I got the game rolling. Made it to town where I had a delightful breakfast with an old woman that thought I was hitting on her. Any how, I have this daunting feeling this game might be a bit too much as the moment. Is this game going to start getting overly complicated with the hunger/sleep system? Do I have to shave? Is it easy to get around?
Yes, shave. Also-- change your clothes every so often or you get smelly and bugs follow you. Yes, I'm serious.

Also, don't always be so quick to just jump on to do what they tell you. There are tons of side quests and stuff that will get you good rewards and introduce you to characters well before the game proper has them show up.
I wanted the dude to grow a big Santa Claus beard. Oh well :(
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:Anyone here play and finish Deadly Premonition?

Yes, shave. Also-- change your clothes every so often or you get smelly and bugs follow you. Yes, I'm serious.

Also, don't always be so quick to just jump on to do what they tell you. There are tons of side quests and stuff that will get you good rewards and introduce you to characters well before the game proper has them show up.
I wanted the dude to grow a big Santa Claus beard. Oh well :(
He will grow a beard for sure, but I remember reading there are actual consequences to doing it. I don't remember what though.
I just checked. You get less money from the FBI pay check. Is money a big issue in the game? If not, I'm growing the beard.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

Wang Mandu wrote:The Witcher 3
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Haha that face.

Oh man Dead State is looking good.

Wasteland 2, Dead State, *fingers crossed* Project Eternity, Divinity Original Sin, Age of Decadance.....I could only buy those 5 games and be content for the entirety of 2014. Isometric rpgs for life. :awesome:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

guardianoftheblind wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:The Witcher 3
limeyspeak.jpg
I don't get it. People actually do talk like that in the Witcher games. What's the joke? "Hey look, I made up a totally possible line of dialogue from a future game?"
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

:fp:
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

There's a special place in hell for people who complain about not understanding jokes on the Internet
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

If you've got the cash to waste on a WiiU you'd be better off supporting The Mandate instead of shelling out more tgan double the money for the 215th Mario game Nintendo has shat out. $20! Make nerd dreams come true.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/196 ... he-mandate

Lord Walder Frey is in the game, come on!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:There's a special place in hell for people who complain about not understanding jokes on the Internet
The thing is, it actually made me laugh. Then I realized it's not funny.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

it's just funny because the dude looks hilarious and stupid and like that's the way he'd actually talk.

think of it as a compliment to the studio for how detailed their characters look and everything will be okay