The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by james »

Currently jumping between Arkham City and Final Fantasy 5.

I'm kinda pissed with Arkham City. I don't really know why. The combat is a fucking joy but all the puzzles seem really irritating this time through for some reason...? Like not hard, just more like they're obstacles with completely obvious but time-consuming solutions to keep me busy...?

also I decided I don't like the aesthetic in these games at all

Every single person in this universe had surgery and is covered in scars? It's this cheapo adolescent console game edginess that I can't even find any ironic joy in. This is probably why I always wind up playing either all-ages games or PC stuff.

FF5 on the other hand is an absolute joy, very surprised by it - I always passed it over because it seemed like the exact same 'there are four crystals' game I'd already played in 1, 3 etc but the job system is just making this dope beyond necropsy
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:Nice. Will pick up Shadow Warrior before the sale is over. Possibly Tomb Raider....too many games :ax:
I'd get Tomb Raider before Shadow Warrior, I think.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

wii u refuses to connect to the internet

i just want to watch some netflix :x
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Pisscubes wrote:Do you have a 3Ds?
Nah son, I'ma snag one eventually. There's a lot of shit flying around in the 3DS homebrew scene and I'm sorta waiting to see how it all shakes out before I buy the thing. I'll own one within a few months either way but if the current flash hardware winds up looking like it will be functional in the long-term it might affect which model I should own.

Also I spend an insane amount of money on electronics and I already have like 30,000 A+ video games I haven't even played yet and just because they came out with some really new good ones doesn't mean it makes sense to continue the cycle of irresponsible reflexive consumerism :fp:
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

soul sacrifice is free on the vita with psn+. seems like a decent game, so confusing at first but I'm starting to figure out what's going on. I'm taking a 5 hour bus/ferry trip tomorrow where I'll basically be sitting the whole time playing vita, drinking beer and listening to all the recommendations from that blackmetal thread, so we'll see if it holds my interest/
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
keep coming back to wipeout 2048 which is insanely hard, I've unlocked around 30 events, no idea how many more to go, but I've probably only taken 1st/gold on 3 ir 4 of them. wrapped hotline miami on my last trip to vancouver, I think I agree with whoever on here said its the superior way to play, the touch-screen aiming came in handy and got really precise with the dual sticks by the end. played that oddworld game for like, 5 minutes and got bored.

also playing diablo 3 again.

did I mention I'm unemployed right now? lot of time for video games, hahaha. anyone play guild wars 2?
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

spacehamster wrote:I'd get Tomb Raider before Shadow Warrior, I think.
I did the exact opposite and after playing the prologue, I am confident I made the right decision. The katana controls are sublime and the game looks fucking great. Lo Wang is a badass.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
YOU GOT THE TOUCH!
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:
spacehamster wrote:I'd get Tomb Raider before Shadow Warrior, I think.
I did the exact opposite and after playing the prologue, I am confident I made the right decision. The katana controls are sublime and the game looks fucking great. Lo Wang is a badass.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
YOU GOT THE TOUCH!
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Easy with the bleeding, this is dry-clean only!
:lol:

The one-liners in this one might actually be better than in the original.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

anyone read that guerilla (killzone dudes for the scrubs) hired the lead writer and designer from fallout NV? i never finished NV because of bugs and glitches, but it had the best writing of any open-world game i've ever played. guerilla seems to have pretty shit writing, but i'd like to see how they could apply their insane technical/graphical skillz to a well-written open world RPG, which is what a lot of people think they've been working on
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

A well written RPG set in the Killzone universe with Guerilla's graphics would probably make my pants asplode.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

oh yeah, asploding would commence. i'd like to see guerilla branch out just because i watch videos of shadow fall and wish there was something else to do that in that amazing looking world than just shoot. can't imagine they're just going to have that fallout guy write incidental dialogue between shooting parts.

as far as sony studios go, i'd like to see santa monica change it up for PS4 as well. a new IP would be great, but even just a change in mythology would get me a lot more pumped than more kratos. make it norse and metal as fuck and i'd be happy
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:oh yeah, asploding would commence. i'd like to see guerilla branch out just because i watch videos of shadow fall and wish there was something else to do that in that amazing looking world than just shoot. can't imagine they're just going to have that fallout guy write incidental dialogue between shooting parts.
The Killzone lore is also actually kind of awesome. They had a ton of backstory on the website around the time of KZ2 that actually explained the self-righteousness of the Helghast and all the stuff Visari was shouting about in the opening cutscene, but either they were scared it would hurt the Codbros' brains or they couldn't figure out a way to insert it into the games beyond that. A properly written RPG could totally work.
as far as sony studios go, i'd like to see santa monica change it up for PS4 as well. a new IP would be great, but even just a change in mythology would get me a lot more pumped than more kratos. make it norse and metal as fuck and i'd be happy
Yeah, the world really doesn't need any more God of War games. Or maybe I should say "new iterations of the God of War game", because really, who're we kidding.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

so i got $40 for killzone and if i finish assassin's creed 4 soon enough, i'll prolly get another $40. couple that with xmas gift cards i usually get...i'm thinking about getting either a vita or a 3DS for myself at xmas.

persona 4 golden or mario/zelda?!

oh yea, i can do remote play with my PS4 if i get a vita
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

you can do luigi's mansion if you get a 3DS
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

soul sacrifice for the vita is fucknig awesome and looks like it has a bunch of multiplayer missions. anyone with a vita and ps+ should grab it for free and go thru those with me.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Bummed that guy left Obsidian but happy to see people from that studio find success.

Shadow Warrior might be my game.of the year. Some of the reviews are fucking awful. The game is just fun and some of the quips are actually hilarious. Loads of upgrades, secrets, health packs!!...Czech devs rule hard. I wish the next Elder Scrolls would have melee combat this good and deep. Probably not :sad: I'd like to see this ported to consoles but it'd fail miserably :lol: no mp, no buy :ax:

Spacehamster, I hope you've been killing the bunnies.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

canon.docre wrote:soul sacrifice for the vita is fucknig awesome and looks like it has a bunch of multiplayer missions. anyone with a vita and ps+ should grab it for free and go thru those with me.
my vita will hopefully get here tomorrow and soul sacrifice will probably be the first game I download. I'm going to try to figure the game out first before trying MP, but I'd be down to try it out soon, PSN = SwazzySwess
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

My completely uneducated guess is they can't make enough to meet the demand. Both have already sold millions.

The real headscratcher for me is people swapping out their PS4 hdds for an ssd but PC gaming is too much work? Why not both.

Played a bit of Blood Dragon and it is as great as expected. Too bad they kept every annoying Far Cry 3 feature instead of fixing dumb shit like the loot animation and sloooooooow movement. What's up with the sound levels? Did they think mid 90s low quality audio was a good idea what the fuck. I played with headphones, too. Oh gee lets commission this awesome soundtrack, get Michael Biehn and then set the audio levels to shit. Ubisoft is always one step forward, two steps back.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Anyone else playing the Starbound Beta? It's like Terraria but 1,000x better. It's really, really fun.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fyMJE9ZHIqQ<
ImageImageImage
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:I understand that companies limit the amount of new consoles they release at first to drive up demand and be able to say they "sold out". So, ps4 did that.
what makes you think they did that? the reason they were even able to sell a million in a day or whatever is because the PS4 is much easier to produce than the PS3. when the PS3 had shortages, it wasn't a PR move. it was because it was difficult to manufacture because of all the proprietary components. the PS4 uses mostly off-the-shelf components, which is why they can churn out about a million per month now. that's sony anyway, and i'm sure MS is similar.

wang, have you seen videos for how to replace the HDD in the PS4? it's incredibly easy, even for a relative tech dummie like myself. the troubleshooting a chinese room employee had me do when dear esther wouldn't work on my PC was like rocket science in comparison (even they couldn't figure it out... had to play the game on my gf's mac :()
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Since last week:

Time Splitters (PS2) - Early 2K style FPS for sure. It's single player is barely a step above something like Unreal Tournament's single player mode, but fun is fun. Also, further proving graphics don't mean anything as I had a better time playing this than the recent COD games. Almost beat the whole thing but got road blocked by a rather hard zombie style level later on. I may try to finish off tonight.

XIII (Original XBOX) - I have this on PC as well, but futon and wireless controller win over slouched over to use the mouse/keyboard* in my old age. Excellent art style, interesting story thus far, Adam West... why did I wait so long? Oh, level design and gun play could use some more polish and fine tuning. Still, score two for my Golden Age of FPS.

Star Wars: Tiny Death Star (iPhone) - :fp: I hate this stupid time consuming busy work shit, but I'm full on addicted. I check it when I wake up, after getting dressed, waiting for the train, on the train, arriving at work, at work 20 times, waiting for the train to go home.... and so on until I'm going to bed almost an hour later than planned because I'm fucking with the thing. Rinse and repeat everyday this week.

Legend of Zelda: Link Between Worlds (3DS) - Now this is the stuff right here. I should be obsessing over this, but that stupid iPhone game :fp: :fp: I thought that the Wall Painting Link thing would just be a lousy gimmick, but I rather like it. Like it a lot. Like everything so far a lot. Stupid iPhone game!

*Don't know if the PC version supports controllers. Don't really care.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:
Spacehamster, I hope you've been killing the bunnies.
I have, but nothing's happened yet...

Anyway, yeah, I don't know about GOTY (seriously, man, is your middle name hyperbole?), but it's definitely an underrated game. I don't see the beef a lot of reviewers seem to have with the visuals either - sure, the human characters look kinda crappy, but the environments are good. Seems like they're holding the game to AAA standards, which it clearly doesn't aim for.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5GhqY9j9oCc<

time to start brushing up on the huge witcher backstory i've missed
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
Meh. There's like two seconds of new footage in that video. Where you been, mang?

But yeah, it's getting harder and harder for me not to be very, very unreasonably hyped up for this game. It looks so fucking good.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

canon.docre wrote:soul sacrifice for the vita is fucknig awesome and looks like it has a bunch of multiplayer missions. anyone with a vita and ps+ should grab it for free and go thru those with me.
posting from my new vita now. got that game but i haven't played it yet

whats your psn
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

I just added him, his PSN is canondocre.

stupid fedex just pushed back my vita delivery until Monday, arrrgghh
spacehamster wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:
Meh. There's like two seconds of new footage in that video. Where you been, mang?

But yeah, it's getting harder and harder for me not to be very, very unreasonably hyped up for this game. It looks so fucking good.
hey, I don't remember seeing any mermaid boobs before and I thought we could all use some. goddamn some of those enemy designs are cool