NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Re: NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:nerlens-not-nawlins noel had another very okay game against the knicks last night. if only he had teammates. no, mc-w doesn't count; his uniquely terrible shooting undermines his other attributes.

good article on the regressing sub-deadspin about how badly byron scott is running the lackers this year. it's going to be a hilarious season :D

I believed some of the Lord Byron hype... oooo he made CP3, and Jason Kidd...!! but then I saw what he did in Cleveland. He did nothing. Hell, I think he hurt Kyrie Irving more than helped... didn't teach him shit about playing pg, taught him to ball hog and dribble too much. Roster sucked for sure, but I came away unimpressed. Camp scott! vomit buckets on the floor..OOOO they gonna run gonna be in SHAPE. Then his team was always noodle legged come game day.
Hey, Byron Scott is a LIKEABLE dude, but I wouldn't hire him for any team.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

Pre-season, dude. Scott didn't even coach his first game! I'm excited too though. Just sucks when you take a coaching job and the team is awful. I hope Byron has a long leash and get's a chance.

I told the kids to pick a game on the upcoming '6ers schedule... am trying to steer 'em in the direction of Portland or Houston who are both visiting soon. Dying for a roast pork & broccoli rab sandwich from Tony's
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

it's not so much what he's done re: results but what he's implementing re: game strategy. not shooting threes. team settling for midrange jumpers (that they suck at hitting) and not getting to the line commensurate with the number of two-point shots they're taking. they were going to be a housefire personnel-wise, but with those "strategies," they're a 9/11

the pop-in-law generally gets good tickets through work so hopefully we can get to a lackers game against a decent team or at least the nuggets. la live is horseshit; the french dip at cole's is not. EDIT: fun fact - cole's is technically in skid row. city of angels baby.
Natas

Post by Natas »

Do you have a bunch of buddies from LA lurking here bc none of this makes sense
Toilet Fleet wrote: la live is horseshit; the french dip at cole's is not. EDIT: fun fact - cole's is technically in skid row. city of angels baby.
Last edited by Natas on Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i think e-d would get it? maybe?
Natas

Post by Natas »

Yeah. It's cool though you can kind of stretch out in here since only a dozen people or something click this topic. Basically I can say whatever I want in here. I could reinvent myself.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

this thread and its limited participation rate would pretty much guarantee the best casual get-together of any superthread. if geography didn't make a weekend tv tripleheader situation impossible i'd suggest it yesterday.

i wish scotty ward still message boarded because dude was beyond solid re: hoops talk irl. and a solid dude in general. and ran an above average fantasy league.

turning on the wardsymbol (silhouette of a whiskey in the sky)
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:Pre-season, dude. Scott didn't even coach his first game! I'm excited too though. Just sucks when you take a coaching job and the team is awful. I hope Byron has a long leash and get's a chance.

I told the kids to pick a game on the upcoming '6ers schedule... am trying to steer 'em in the direction of Portland or Houston who are both visiting soon. Dying for a roast pork & broccoli rab sandwich from Tony's

I watched a little lakeshow the other night...Kobe and Nash both looked healthy and spry..but like you say, it's preseason dude, and those cats got a loada road miles.
I do like Randall, think he'll develop into a nice player.

Lakers can remake whole franchise with their brand equity lickity split,but I think players don't love playing with Kobe, and Byron Scott isn't a player favorite either.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

so fantasy league? thoughts? takers? motherfuckers?
Natas

Post by Natas »

Watched a lot of Byron and the Nets but don't really know the book on him coach-wise. Loved him as a player. All I think of now is his poor timing of taking the Cavs job (he should have a beer with Josh McRoberts) and his swastika tie

Fantasy? I'm open to it, even though NFL and it's stupid marketing to #ff xasthur fans who play it have ruined it for me and I haven't done it for any sport in a few years. Thinking of letting the youngins do it. What's a good app for this though? Haven't figured that out yet, and I don't wanna create a new yahoo id.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i had good luck w/espn two years and ninety versions of ios ago. i honestly don't know what's become of it nowadays tho :confused:

i just love pretending to know shit about late round value picks
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

I've never done fantasy sports, though I play NFL spot sheets. Always think it'll ruin my rooting interests; I still have my players I like to watch scattered all over the NBA.
Natas

Post by Natas »

OK the ESPN fantasy bb app had better be good. Because if it's not...
Hostage Grenade II
Hella Evil & Shit

Post by Hostage Grenade II »

Can we just come out and say it already. Andre Drummond is the best center in the league. Its not that hard. Just be honest with yourselves.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

he's really good and he'll get better, but no
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

I thought we all already decided it was boogie
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

if we're measuring ceilings, drummond, but motherfucker still putting up sticks in the living room if you get my obtuse construction metaphor
Natas

Post by Natas »

OK you dipshits are going to make me talk bad about Drummond and I love him (have since he was at UConn - +1,000 nba scene pts) but here goes:

Besides not being near as good as Howard he isn't as good as Deandre Jordan either. Both are better rebounders, defenders/rim protectors, and finishers, not to mention, yes, free throw shooters (by aLOT). Yes he is a better offensive rebounder but that is always a young man's stat unless you are mid sized like Rodman and Barkley.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

please oh please oh please just look at advanced metrics once

just one time

compare drummond's line to deandre's at a similar time in their careers. hell, compare them now. it's far more equitable than you'd think, and drummond's nose for offensive boards eclipses what howard or deandre has ever done at any point--even when they were "young men."

howard's defense is notably better than both dudes you mentioned (his career efficiency would be all-nba for any player in a season), but pace-adjusted, drummond is nipping at deandre's heels--and drummond is both a better ball steward and more efficient overall on offense than howard. and that's not even counting the fact that drummond has had basically zero coaching, and only just now was introduced to stan van. you think his numbers on d will tail off with the mustachioed matzoh ball on the sideline? or that his overall offensive efficiency will dip on a team loaded with perimeter shooters? not even close.

win tomorrow, take howard. win in four years, take drummond.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

I see Drummond still as raw, but no denying his beast body and ability to really change the game. If only he could shoot freethrows with his feet.

Give me him over Hibbert (turning out to be just a really long ass faggit) all day. Howard-- not yet there yet but think he'll get there.
Natas

Post by Natas »

Andy:

Who gives a shit about four years? This isn't the NBA 2018 thread (actually it's 2013 I know). And did you just say ball steward? Give yourself a wedgie.

It's rare a center takes the leap Jordan did. Don't count on Drummond doing it. Would you at least acknowledge how rare it is? I watch basketball games for many reasons, and metrics isn't one of them, so wipe your ass with 'em. Thx for the reply though, bud. two weeks!
Natas

Post by Natas »

Zerohero wrote:I see Drummond still as raw, but no denying his beast body
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

drummond is straight up down syndrome when it comes to women so we know he won't be distracted. svg + no pus-e = bright future :D

motherfucker doesn't turn it over compared to other bigs. not coughing up the ball in the high-fg% areas is prob one of the best things you can do in terms of giving your team max chances to score on each possession.

deandre is certainly a better player than i had him pegged for years back, and last year was absurd on d. but there is literally nothing stopping drummond from improving with infinitely better coaching and an actual defensive scheme though, except rarity. but do a quick better-than-good-enough two-way bigs headcount in the league today. they're already rare. drummond entering that echelon isn't inconsistent with that reality.
Natas

Post by Natas »

Two way bigs headcount? Well this isn't a two-way, it's just a headcount. Drummond is not much better offenslively than half the guys on this list or less. I'm really just trying to prove that a good big man isn't as rare as people say. They say it all the fucking time and it's lazy. Here's just a running list of good centers:

Marc Gasol
Pau Gasol
Noah
D Jordan
Ibaka (a sometimes center)
Duncan
Drummond
Howard
Cousins
Vucevic
Bogut
Gortat
Nene
Asik
Lopez Bros (one is great on O, the other very good on D)
Hibbert (top 3 interior defender imo)
Varajao
John Henson (underrated)
Larry Sanders (one real good year and who knows)
Horford
Chandler

Just sayin', longer list than you thought
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

21 players; 30 teams

and that's including dudes like robin lopez, asik, gortat, nene, that are good but an obvious step down from the top impactful post players in the game. starting a team today, there aren't four bigs you pick ahead of drummond if you want to succeed.

and jesus christ you make an exception for ibaka but not for the brow where is your head at (he's the first guy anybody'd pick btw)