The Dark Souls Thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:39 am

:tup: Sounds good. I tried tanking but all those assholes came so quickly and fucked me up after I had dispatched two of them.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:59 am

Tanking still worked for me in NG+ and NG++. Stone Armor + Iron Flesh + Havel's Ring if you need it to get your equip load to <50%. Run up to the first one, circle counter-clockwise, cast Iron Flesh behind him, then try to stay there, two-handing your best weapon. The only big difference to the first time is that bringing a shield is essentially useless because blocking eats up too much stamina.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:19 am

I think my favorite is "charmer ahead" just outside the door to the female undead merchant.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:35 am

Pisscubes wrote:Still haven't found the bonfire.
Haha. And you were so close.
Instead of walking up to Patches, the guy who kicked you down to where you got the lantern, go left. There's a ladder there that leads down to the bonfire. This bonfire is warpable, so getting there solves about 60% of teh probloms with TotG.
That reminds me, Patches better be in DkS2.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Sun Feb 16, 2014 7:22 am

You've just killed a merchant.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:47 am

Wang Mandu wrote:Any tips for the Four Kings on NG+? Beatrice is worthless :nopizza:.
Worst NPC boss summon in the game. She fucking aggros the next King to come out. I used her once on NG+ and had 3 fucking kings out slinging shit at me because of her.

Best soapstone message I've seen was in front of the guy hanging over the well in firelink "Imminent rear".

Then there's always the obligatory "Amazing Chest Ahead" at Gwynevere/Quelaag, and "Trap Ahead" at Gwyn's fog.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Sun Feb 16, 2014 9:52 am

Pisscubes wrote:
spacehamster wrote:You've just killed a merchant.
:|

WELL STILL FUCK HIM.

Merchant my ass... he was selling pussy-ass attitude and he got paid in murder.

What did he sell? YARN? FRISKIES? COUGHED UP HAIRBALLS?

HE WAS NAMED PATCHES!!!!
He sells a few choice items that are difficult to come by, but in limited quantity. That and the family masks. Getting him to be a merchant is difficult without know how to answer his questions though, and not raging on him for being such a cock.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRswclEJ_Gk<
a world of no
Olde Timer

Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:07 am

You have sinned and are now in the Book of the Guilty. The Guilty must pay. Upon their arrival please lay down your arms and let the blue phantoms do their job.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:27 am

There's a lot of ways to "sin" in the game, and killing NPCs is one of them. You can be absolved if you go to creepy mage dude in the gargoyle tower and pay for it. Either way, just handle it. You probably won't be invaded for it. Not enough Darkmoons anymore.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:33 am

Well then, you've been in the book for a while now. I think killing Ms Amazing Chest is the only sin that cannot be absolved.

Again, it's only really used for the Darkmoon Covenant invasions. All of my characters are in the book, but mostly from PvP indictments. It's a good thing.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:37 am

Patches is a running joke from Demon's Souls. I hate him, and we're supposed to hate him, but that's why I hope he's in the next one.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Sun Feb 16, 2014 11:48 am

I killed him on a recent build. In the past I would get him to merchant status, clean him out of his good wares, and then kick him off of the cliff. Feels good to string him along like that and give him a taste of his own shitty shit.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:06 pm

spacehamster wrote:Patches is a running joke from Demon's Souls. I hate him, and we're supposed to hate him, but that's why I hope he's in the next one.
http://imgur.com/a/G3gil
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do