The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Re: The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Post by Foot Foot »

i just can't with the Following. it's like a 12 hour Donald Kaufman passion project.

at least dumb-ass Hannibal has nice cinematography and Mads Mikkelsen being weird.
a world of no
Olde Timer

Post by a world of no »

Foot Foot wrote: dumb-ass
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

is hannibal worth watching?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

elephants gerald wrote:is hannibal worth watching?
Sort of. I'm definitely a fan but not for very good or defensible reasons. As Foot Foot Foot Foot Foot Foot mentioned, it has really nice visuals and the guy playing Hannibal fucking slays it. But it's not very well-written and all the violence and crime-stuff is extremely adolescent. The tone is more similar to Resident Evil than the 90s serial killer neonoir stuff it's based on.
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Well - Season 5 hey?

A friend of mine at work predicted 5 weeks of being trapped in the train carriage and thinking about things while Andrew Lincoln said "Karawwwwwl"

For those that haven't watched it yet
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I think that might have been the most brutal start of any show ever, and fuck, what a killer episode - I mean - It's established I have no filter for this show - But that was a strong assured kick off to the season and I'm keen for the rest.
For the comic readers that are up to date:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I could see the guy that was like the lead male of the cannibals with a burned half face ala Negan's traitorous underling Dwight - I could see him with half a burnt face looking Dwightish
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Aside from the most unerotic cat fight ever, that episode was cranked to 11. Too bad I fear this just means they blew their awesome load right off the bat.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

pretty damn good episode. the double Glenn fake-out with the baseball bat was a bit much, but the blood trough in the same scene made up for it.

hopefully the next few episodes aren't them just sitting around in the woods talking. and that hipster leader of terminus is definitely still alive, right? they aren't going to kill off a character like that with one bullet shot that causes him to fall behind a ledge where you can't see him and just have to assume he's dead.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:pretty damn good episode. the double Glenn fake-out with the baseball bat was a bit much, but the blood trough in the same scene made up for it.

hopefully the next few episodes aren't them just sitting around in the woods talking. and that hipster leader of terminus is definitely still alive, right? they aren't going to kill off a character like that with one bullet shot that causes him to fall behind a ledge where you can't see him and just have to assume he's dead.
The rules of TV and movies are unless you see someone 100% killed off they are not dead. Games and comics, no one is ever guaranteed dead no matter what. So, a show based off a comic you pretty much need to see their head cut off.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

so carol sort of spontaneously just sieged terminus? was there some sort of lead up to that or she just turned into rambo infiltrator when i wasn't looking?

those slaughterhouse style executions were by the most brutal and nasty shit they've ever done.
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:so carol sort of spontaneously just sieged terminus? was there some sort of lead up to that or she just turned into rambo infiltrator when i wasn't looking?
The beginning of last season hinted that she was turning into the Terminator.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

that part was kinda clear. the whole planned out matrixy frontal assault thing was a little.. :lol:

I have 8 children.
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

FVBTVS wrote:that part was kinda clear. the whole planned out matrixy frontal assault thing was a little.. :lol:
Yeah good thing she had no idea there was a huge gas tank and brought those seemingly useless fireworks with her anyways.

Still, the season opener was an A++ANAL.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal
"What ever bro I own wine glasses and shit..." - Noah Thirteen
"I actually believe in God." - Lord Beguile

doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Surely someone can take that original Terminator music and sync it to an edit of Carol matter of factly fucking shit up.

So was that Negan at the end dragging the chick out of train carriage?
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i am such a sissy faggot and get really nervous whenever judith is imperiled :(
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
also the room full of personal effects that carol walked into... the stuffed animals, fuuuuuuuck :|
let's not forget carol and rick going straight h.a.m. for a minute now
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
that hug at the end wasn't just yay you saved us but totally an i fucking get it moment, yay we're both shells of humans and just now fed still-alive bad people to walkers lol let's reminisce :D
BigBrother
Khaooos and Kon-fus-ion

Post by BigBrother »

doomeddisciple wrote:Surely someone can take that original Terminator music and sync it to an edit of Carol matter of factly fucking shit up.

So was that Negan at the end dragging the chick out of train carriage?
That occurred to me, but I doubt it. The terminus folks mentioned that they had been victims initially but then turned the tables on everyone and took over.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

BigBrother wrote:
That occurred to me, but I doubt it. The terminus folks mentioned that they had been victims initially but then turned the tables on everyone and took over.

I watched it again - I think that dude was the one that Rick et al let out of the shipping container and says 'WE're the same' and then gets munched...
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

watched this episode with people and drunkenly heckled every 2 minutes. i'm a monster :oops:

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

How was the last half of Season 4? I gave up 15 mins into the first episode but was a miserable bastard back then. Worth catching up?
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The first half of season 4 is better than the second half.

There are a couple of brutal episodes in the second half though - Overall it's worth a watch.

After last night - surprisingly we're 2 for 2 so far in decent episodes.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

:tup: Will dive back in.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

Wang Mandu wrote::tup: Will dive back in.
I'm jealous.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
So I take it the remaining Terminus peeps are the Hunters from the comic book? I have only read Compendium 1 so I don't know anything past the death of the Governor.
"Thinking about B-ramming your mom, i know she lives out here I'm gonna find her." - Double Anal

doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Steeb wrote:
I'm jealous.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
So I take it the remaining Terminus peeps are the Hunters from the comic book? I have only read Compendium 1 so I don't know anything past the death of the Governor.

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Yes, that is the case - this season thus far seems to be mirroring the comic book a little more - with a few character shuffles
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

just be warned there are some REALLY boring stretches in the second half of S4. IIRC I expressed my hatred here for one episode in particular.

but I'm sure I'm not alone in thinking S4 finale/S5 premier is the best two-episode stretch the show has had. I have the S4 finale DVRed and there's one part I go back and watch every now and then because it's so badass and brutal
Steeb
Supreme Hatred

Post by Steeb »

Spooky Apparition wrote: there's one part I go back and watch every now and then because it's so badass and brutal
Oh fuck yeah!

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Spooky Apparition wrote: I have the S4 finale DVRed and there's one part I go back and watch every now and then because it's so badass and brutal
when this show in particular does develop a character organically through barbaric acts of violence and desperation, it is at its absolute best..

I have 8 children.