Dr Yail Bloor
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: Dumb things I've heard at work: The Thread

Post by Dr Yail Bloor »

Her : Her husband is from the same town as her
Me : Oh? Where's that?
Her : Bangladesh
\m/Johnny\m/ wrote:
I guess there's crippling, life shattering levels of alcoholism, and then there's Lemmy.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Hey could you film the most important day of our lives and the most priceless film in our future video collection for free?

Tell me they were surprised or even insulted after you declined. Fucking douchebags.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

hahahahah fucking bob
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Remind them how that "internship" is likely "illegal."
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Pisscubes wrote:
Rosary_Butt_Beads wrote:Hahaha Bob is a fucking scumbag.
I swear, so many of these doctors have absolutely no respect for anyone that didn't go to medical school. If you're job involves anything that doesn't involve medical train, some of these dudes have NO idea why you would ever get paid.

While I've done some freelance stuff for some awesome doctors who paid well (80th birthday parties and shit), I've also been asked more than once to do things like film a fucking wedding for free. :fp:

You should email them back that you would be more than happy to slave away for free for an entire year and send clips of the most offensive parts of the unfinished Seth Putnam documentary as a reference.
Wank night's cancelled
LolaFaun
DO THE DEW!

Post by LolaFaun »

When will we lesser mortals understand?...chortle chortle...
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Pisscubes wrote:As I have done at least a few times now because this is something of a pattern I said something to the effect of [guy was an anesthesiologist], "Hey-- my old man needs knee surgery again. You going to put him under for free? Bring your own anesthesia too?"

Confused look until I explain that, yes, it's JUST like asking you to do something that you get paid for, but for free.

Because they just don't get it.
:lol:

*Well obviously, Doctor, you wouldn't be able to afford it. What a clown.

**edit
Last edited by hipster holocaust on Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

If you asked me to come beat the shit out of them for free I'd bring my own hand wraps
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

well...was she fucking the dog????
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I hope the doctors' wives are sleeping around.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Pisscubes wrote:
Wang Mandu wrote:I hope the doctors' wives are sleeping around.
They do.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

Smegma wrote:the following is a transcript from a report written by a cop. punctuation left intact.

Abigail’s mother, Courtney, told me that Abigail is always lying. Courtney said that Abigail has accused people of raping her in the past. It was later determined, Abigail was lying. Courtney said Abigail will have sex with anybody, that will have sex with her. Courtney said that Abigail will shove anything inside her, that she can. Courtney said that Abigail has also had sex with the family dog. Courtney said she took the dog to the vet, a short time ago, because there was a problem with the dogs balls balls balls. The veterinarian asked Courtney, if she had been jacking the dog off. Courtney told the veterinarian no. It was then determined, Abigail had been having sex, with the dog.
I smell a Maury episode
:lj:
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

F. Murray Sandyclam wrote:These are the kinds of people who need TWO psychiatrists on the payroll just to keep the angst at a manageable level.

The next time one of these golden douches asks you to do something for free...maybe go ahead and do it but insert random frames of car crashes, abortions and gay rape into the film...going by so quickly they never even notice...

"I feel incredibly nauseous when I watch our wedding video...but I just don't know why! Maybe it's time to get that third psychiatrist..."

And...divorce. Revenge of Evilcubes.
Hope they remembered to pre-nup it up :awesome:
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

This fat dumb slut purchasing agent for one of our customers emails me, as well as her other vendors, the same spreadsheet every monday showing which parts are due that week (which is really fucking stupid in the first place because it tells me exactly which parts I could undercut and poach from her other vendors, and allows them to do the same). Every week the same title "DUE THIS WEEK". Every week I take the spreadsheet, delete all the unrelated shit, mark it up with projected ship dates, amend the file name to include the week and our company name (because she's too fucking lazy to send separate spreadsheets to her vendors), and email it back to her. Today I forgot to rename it after I marked it up when I sent it back to her. I got a hysterical phone call from her 20 minutes later saying

OH MY GOD MY ENTIRE SPREADSHEET HAS BEEN DELETED! ALL I HAVE IS THE ONE YOU SENT ME THIS MORNING! WHAT DID YOU DOOOO!?!?

:fp: :fp: :fp:
elephants gerald wrote:
- GLENN DANZIG "literally a rotating cast of gigantic wigged infants," claims former tour manager
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

haha. does she at least BCC the email? do you reply all?
you could go in with the other companies on some price fixin' (just for her)
Image Certified Poster
antinatalism
Cause Of Death

Post by antinatalism »

"If I didn't have an X-Box, I would just sleep all day."
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Some guy bitching that it took about 40 minutes to help him on the phone when about 20 minutes of that was him giving me incorrect billing addresses.
Wank night's cancelled
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

20 minutes is also completely unacceptable, you incompetent fuck
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote:20 minutes is also completely unacceptable, you incompetent fuck
Hmmm, let's see, asshole A(person I was talking to) asks about 15-20 different questions: that's about 1-2 minutes to properly look up and disseminate answers back to the person, I think that's pretty darn efficient without cutting corners.....Asshole B (necrophallic fucktard) makes his worthless uninformed opinion as usual ....You're a fucking idiot.
Wank night's cancelled
The Foreman
Gear in the Machine

Post by The Foreman »

Pisscubes wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:Hey could you film the most important day of our lives and the most priceless film in our future video collection for free?

Tell me they were surprised or even insulted after you declined. Fucking douchebags.
I laughed at first-- that uncomfortable, "Obviously you're joking" laughter.

Dude laughed just as nervously and then persisted.

As I have done at least a few times now because this is something of a pattern I said something to the effect of [guy was an anesthesiologist], "Hey-- my old man needs knee surgery again. You going to put him under for free? Bring your own anesthesia too?"

Confused look until I explain that, yes, it's JUST like asking you to do something that you get paid for, but for free.

Because they just don't get it.
Over the weekend I witnessed a young man try to convince a bouncer that he wasn't drunk because he just graduated from medical school.
Zap Rowsdower
COOTIES

Post by Zap Rowsdower »

Not me but a coworker got something similar last week: "Yeah, so someone filled out a credit card with my information a few years ago. Now I have debt collectors calling me about this. Can you write them and just say you're my lawyer and get them to go away?"

(btw If he did this he would either have to see the matter through for free or break ethical rules)
ghost boner wrote:our cousins should fuck
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Subject: ftp no bueno

Hi T,

I can't get into my work computer via this link. I only see a list of directories and files? help please.

thanks!
-a

a few minutes later (this was all at like midnight on a Sunday...)
Subject: VPN no bueno too

FYI - when I go to http://www.website.net I am re-directed to website login.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Monday, August 27, 2012 1:43 PM
To: A
Subject: Fwd: FTP and VPN info

vpn info

address: http://www.website.net
user: a
domain: b
Password: same as your work computer

detailed instructions
http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php ... vpn-connec
tion-in-windows-7/
Image Certified Poster
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

hahahaha
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Plush by Stone Temple Pilots just came on the radio and someone is singing along to it and playing air drums.