NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Re: NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:21 players; 30 teams

and that's including dudes like robin lopez, asik, gortat, nene, that are good but an obvious step down from the top impactful post players in the game. starting a team today, there aren't four bigs you pick ahead of drummond if you want to succeed.

and jesus christ you make an exception for ibaka but not for the brow where is your head at (he's the first guy anybody'd pick btw)

You've got ONE game to win. Today. Pick anyone on that list, or Drummond.
Assume you NEED some offense outta the guy, not where you can just rely on
Who do you take?
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

I'd take:
Duncan
Marc Gasol
D Jordan
Howard
Cousins

probably Pau Gasol or Noah
maybe even Gortat & Vucevic

before Drummond for a ONE game win it all today
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

Type me up a list of any position. EVERY team doesn't have a very good center but there is also not a good player available at PG for 30 teams. Or SG, SF, or PF.

I could have listed Davis but in meaningful minutes time Asik will be at the 5 instead of Perkins, maybe Adams.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

if i need to win a single game, i'm not playing a traditional 5 for substantial minutes, honest truth. if i'm building a team, for what i'd want a 5 to do, it's howard.
Natas

Post by Natas »

son just texted me

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:Type me up a list of any position. EVERY team doesn't have a very good center but there is also not a good player available at PG for 30 teams. Or SG, SF, or PF.

I could have listed Davis but in meaningful minutes time Asik will be at the 5 instead of Perkins, maybe Adams.

ah.. Adams. You know when he was on the draft board top 15 or so, and had very non-wowing numbers at Pitt, I thought he was a bust waiting to happen. Damn was I wrong 1000%.

He's been way better in NBA minutes than he was as a young (but not little) shaver in that brief college career.
Natas

Post by Natas »

Women of Tinder Predict the 2014-2015 NBA Season

Instead of spending a month on in-depth, statistical-driven analysis to preview the upcoming NBA Season and all 30 teams … I went on ‘Tinder’ to get the opinions of completely random women.

Natas

Post by Natas »

Griffin talking about how awkward it was being around Sterling:

http://www.theplayerstribune.com/blake- ... -the-boss/

Donald Sterling had me by the hand. You know that thing elderly women do where they grab the top of your hand with just their fingers and lead you around? That’s what he was doing. We were in Malibu for his annual White Party, and it was the first time I was meeting him since the Clippers had drafted me in the spring of 2009. He led me through the house to the balcony overlooking his tennis court. The whole party was set up out there. White tents. White umbrellas. White cloth. I showed up in all white. Everyone showed up in all white. Then there was Donald, standing on the balcony overlooking it all, wearing all black. “Isn’t this just fabulous?” he said.

I was hoping to escape down the stairs, find one of my teammates and blend in with the rest of the crowd. I tried to pull my hand away. Nope. Things were about to get weirder. Two blonde models showed up on either side of me. They had clearly been hired for the event. I knew this because they were wearing size XXXX-L Clippers T-shirts tied at the stomach. I looked at Sterling. He had a big dumb grin on his face. I looked at one of the girls, as if to say, “Uhhh, you don’t have to do this.” She looked back: “Uhhh, yes I do.”

So I walked down the stairs with the two girls arm-in-arm, hoping that was the end of it. That was not the end of it. At the bottom of the stairs, Donald grabbed my hand again. I tried to do the old shake-and-release move. No dice. He kept holding on. “Blake, isn’t this fabulous? I need to introduce you to everyone.”

Donald Sterling literally introduced me to everyone. Here’s how he did it, every single time, to every single group of people, while holding on to my hand:

“If you’re wondering how a known racist can own an NBA team without anyone batting an eye, first ask yourself how the owner of an NBA team can scream at his team’s best player in front of thousands of people and hundreds of cameras without anyone even caring.”
“Everyone, have you met our newest star? This is Blake! He was the number one pick in the entire NBA draft. Number one! Blake, where are you from?”

Then I’d say I was from Oklahoma.

“Oklahoma! And tell these people what you think about LA.”

Then I’d say it was pretty cool.

“And what about the women in LA, Blake?”

It was the same conversation with every group of people
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Natas wrote:Griffin talking about how awkward it was being around Sterling:

Donald Sterling had me by the hand. You know that thing elderly women do where they grab the top of your hand with just their fingers and lead you around? That’s what he was doing. We were in Malibu for his annual White Party, and it was the first time I was meeting him since the Clippers had drafted me in the spring of 2009. He led me through the house to the balcony overlooking his tennis court. The whole party was set up out there. White tents. White umbrellas. White cloth. I showed up in all white. Everyone showed up in all white. Then there was Donald, standing on the balcony overlooking it all, wearing all black. “Isn’t this just fabulous?” he said.

I was hoping to escape down the stairs, find one of my teammates and blend in with the rest of the crowd. I tried to pull my hand away. Nope. Things were about to get weirder. Two blonde models showed up on either side of me. They had clearly been hired for the event. I knew this because they were wearing size XXXX-L Clippers T-shirts tied at the stomach. I looked at Sterling. He had a big dumb grin on his face. I looked at one of the girls, as if to say, “Uhhh, you don’t have to do this.” She looked back: “Uhhh, yes I do.”

So I walked down the stairs with the two girls arm-in-arm, hoping that was the end of it. That was not the end of it. At the bottom of the stairs, Donald grabbed my hand again. I tried to do the old shake-and-release move. No dice. He kept holding on. “Blake, isn’t this fabulous? I need to introduce you to everyone.”

Donald Sterling literally introduced me to everyone. Here’s how he did it, every single time, to every single group of people, while holding on to my hand:

“If you’re wondering how a known racist can own an NBA team without anyone batting an eye, first ask yourself how the owner of an NBA team can scream at his team’s best player in front of thousands of people and hundreds of cameras without anyone even caring.”
“Everyone, have you met our newest star? This is Blake! He was the number one pick in the entire NBA draft. Number one! Blake, where are you from?”

did don JHFITCGP?
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

exum looked pretty good again last night--against the lakers to be fair. and the byron scott idiotball approach pays dividends: five total three point attempts, two of them from a career bench player, with zero makes. oh, and for all that? lakers got to the line less often, with kobe a.) getting nearly half the team's ftas and b.) shooting at dwight howard levels. my favorite is still this:

Ryan Kelly, PF DNP LEFT HAMSTRING STRAIN
Xavier Henry, SF DNP BACK SPASMS
Nick Young, SF DNP RIGHT THUMB INJURY
Robert Sacre, C DNP COACH'S DECISION
Jeremy Lin, PG DNP SPRAINED LEFT ANKLE
Jordan Clarkson, PG DNP LEFT CALF STRAIN
Steve Nash, PG DNP SORE BACK

lolololol the fuckin sixers west over here
Natas

Post by Natas »

Zerohero wrote:
Natas wrote:Griffin talking about how awkward it was being around Sterling:

did don JHFITCGP?

Oh my god.

Guys.

It's Natas again with an update on this story. Watch the whole thing so you can see the best part which is Sterling's now ex-wife dancing during the credits. Wow.

Aminu looks so stupid and I hate his head and perma-expression

Natas

Post by Natas »

Haha I just watched the end of the video again. Imaginary reverse dunk for the lady

Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Zerohero wrote:but I think players don't love playing with Kobe
http://espn.go.com/espn/feature/story/_ ... s-downfall

loyalty! :drooly:
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

not shocking whatsoever

but hear out my bizarre paranoid delusion

the lakers knew, everybody knew, that the next tv contract would bump up the salary cap huge time. so, in anticipation of that, what have the lakers done? left themselves with few long-term liabilities, and—this is the important part—paid a dude well past his prime above-market because "loyalty." once kobe's gone, that means the lakers have shown themselves to be a team obviously willing to spend, in particular willing to spend on veterans, in arguably the best basketball market (in terms of size and how much that team flat-out runs the greater la area). that willingness to spend on late-year contracts is absolutely going to be enticing to stars as they hit the 50% mark of their career trajectories.

i mean they totally could have stumbled into that fact pattern too, but i think the lakers are all set once kobe's gone and the cap jumps by a few dozen mil per. will they end up overpaying vets? yeah. but they'll be able to overpay four vets. team retirement home worked out okay for boston, right? think the lakers forgot about that?
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

watched cavs/bulls and ny pricks/milwaukee sucks last night...

D.Rose was back and with a vengence. He was playing game 7 intensitity and ripping through everything. I dunno, he plays at such warp speed, IS it just inevitable he rips up a knee eventually? either way will be fun watching him as long as he is healthy

Knicks announcers trying to paint that game vs. Bucks as happy spin time. Allowing Milwaukee (!) to shoot 60%, hell Bucks packed in in and didn't really score last 2 minutes of the ball game, for a thick 120. I had to laff.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i only caught glimpses of the bulls/cavs at the bar last night, but yeah, i saw rose just shred the cavs' patented ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ interior defense more than once (varejao going "fuck this it's preseason and i am made of uncooked spaghetti" more than once was a genuine delight)

cavs spacing/ball movement was arthritic at times but again, preseason
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:i only caught glimpses of the bulls/cavs at the bar last night, but yeah, i saw rose just shred the cavs' patented ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ interior defense more than once (varejao going "fuck this it's preseason and i am made of uncooked spaghetti" more than once was a genuine delight)

cavs spacing/ball ball ball movement was arthritic at times but again, preseason

compared to the way they use to move the ball (dribbledribbledribbleCHUCK), ball was moving well... but Waiters still takes too many inefficient shots (even if his jumper is improved), and same with Irving though some of those ball hog possessions made highlight reel.

Rose plays SO fast, I wonder if he's at risk for ripping his knees up again. He didn't look like "preseason" mode. Looked like he was possessed.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Simmons LP team rankings....

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-a ... gs-part-1/

his creaming his pants over "boogie" is creeping me out :fp:
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

only skimmed the thing so far but do they factor in nationally televised games at all? it really doesn't seem like it
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:only skimmed the thing so far but do they factor in nationally televised games at all? it really doesn't seem like it

I take it as you have LP and can see all the games, who do you tune into watch... but fun thinking about it as a "who to pick" for choice broadband.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

figures that diamond bill simmons and zach moneybags lowe wouldn't consider dollar value for the common folk
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Suns need to add another Plumlee somehow to that roster...

2x Dragic's
2x Morris's

I knew Dragic bro was on the roster... didn't realize his name is ZORAN. :lol:

games starts tomorrow mens
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

:D :D :D :D :D
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

I hope Kobe has already figured out how to make Jeremy Lin cry
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

probably caving in, next week after free preview all week and getting 5 teams.

Cleveland, Clippers, Phoenix,

Probably Lakers...just to have late games and view train wreck...

Portland maybe...but being drawn to the Timberwolves... to gauge the progress of Andrew Wiggins, and for the potential comedy of Anthony Bennet. talk me down, guys... please. I been in Timberwolf hell, even with Kevin Love and Ricky and it gets stale. Need to just go CLE, LAL, LAC, PHO, PORT.