The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by FVBTVS »

riley-o wrote:It's been cunting forever since I played that, but if I'm remembering correctly, in the dark world, one of the screens on the bottom of the map has a line of hammerable posts. You use the magic mirror within that and then it puts you on top of the cliff wall and you can run to the bottom left corner of the map where the magic is.
*slow clap* :shock:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

amazon just updated my order and my copy of Bravely Default will be here tomorrow :tup:

i got the sweet-ass collector's edition too

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPRkRQgOnxo<
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
canon.docre
Olde Timer

Post by canon.docre »

riley-o wrote:It's been cunting forever since I played that, but if I'm remembering correctly, in the dark world, one of the screens on the bottom of the map has a line of hammerable posts. You use the magic mirror within that and then it puts you on top of the cliff wall and you can run to the bottom left corner of the map where the magic is.
:tup: I will report back.
[XHATEXBRIGADEX] because your a polotical faggot
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Discounting the ever looming idea you just Google Searched that answer, I'm wonderfully impressed. I remember having to hammer the poles, but have zero recollection as to the where, when, and why you need to do that.

Tonight's the night I finally start Metro 2033. I've been pretty impatient with games for a while now, and don't care anymore if I finish something that doesn't engage me. Yet, FPS always have an advantage with me, and I tend to stick with them to the bitter end.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

*Blink Blink Blink*

So...

http://kotaku.com/time-to-go-back-to-th ... 1518287074

I'm excited to play a PC game I beat years ago on a console now. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

*Blink*

So be it. Day one download. Will play right away.

No need to start Metro 2033 tonight then. More Metal Gear Rising, and I'm happy to do so.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

copstache wrote:the dialogue before the succubus fight is legitimately some of the funniest shit i've ever heard in a game. like you said, both intentionally and accidentally.

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiI4NpzIRr0<
I beat this part last night... the whole fight was funny, but I lost it when it called me a "fuck child" :lol: and Dante probably sets the world record for most one-liners in a 10-minute span

the fight was pretty sweet though
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

You know guys, I don't want to get all I Told You So on everybody here, but when this game came out and I said it's a ton of fun everyone just rolled their eyes at stupid spacehamster and his shitty taste in games, and now suddenly, well, yeah. Or maybe the game's just old enough now that you hipsters are allowed to like it or something?

Anyway, you guys playing this on console or PC? Is the PC version pretty enough to warrant another playthrough? I think I got it during the last Steam sale, but, uh, you know how it is.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

you talking about DmC? it's old enough now that i can play it for free, that's 100% of the reason behind me playing it. i definitely wouldn't have paid full price for it, at least so far, but i'm only about a third of the way through.

who did the eye rolling btw? i just did a quick search and found positive comments from several people. bill quit playing it but honestly we all expect that anyway (luv u bill)
delmuerte
The boss of you.

Post by delmuerte »

It is that. It looks amazing which is why it was such a bummer that it sucks so hard. If it was open world and you didn't have to punch every boss 100,000,000 times it would be awesome.
Spooky Apparition wrote:
delmuerte wrote:Last Light was great! Gameplay isn't too amazing, but the story and visuals are amazing.

Remember Me is maybe the worst fucking game ever.
hahah, I think I remember your posts about remember me and how much you hated that game. I'll definitely be playing last light before that one. remember me just seems... stylish? that makes me want to give it a shot even it if sucks.

copstache: i'm actually liking DmC quite a bit, i'm just splitting my time between a few games so I feel like my progress is super slow. I need to sit down and just blast through a handful of chapters in one night. man, that story... :lol: it's funny both intentionally and unintentionally. I dig the overall presentation too, except those damn nu-metalish tracks
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
who did the eye rolling btw? i just did a quick search and found positive comments from several people. bill quit playing it but honestly we all expect that anyway (luv u bill)
It's true! I've become a big stinking quitter. Honestly, there's something wrong with me. A few years ago I would have finished DMC, no problem. About over a year now I feel there's something missing in my gaming soul. I doubt I'm depressed, but I don't have the energy mentally nor physically to play every game that comes my way to the fullest. Maybe I'm vitamin D deficient. Maybe I'm not getting as much sleep anymore. Maybe I'm becoming an old bastard. Unless the game is on the short side or really cradles my balls I lose complete interest after a few sessions.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

hey, there's no shame in not finishing a game you're not into. on the other hand, i hated myself for the entire second half of hitman absolution.

i will admit i'm slightly envious of your ability to drop what seems like a ton of cash on games you'll never beat. most of the time i force myself through a game i'm not loving it's because i paid $60 for it and don't feel like selling it back
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i think i paid less than $10 for DmC, which is why i only recently played it. i suspect if i even paid $30 for it i'd be questioning my investment. but for a cheap game? pretty great
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

has anyone talked about brothers: a tale of two sons?

cause it's really cool so far
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

journalists all blew their load like it was the james joyce of video games or something.

it was ok. i liked the art style. the last third wasn't bad.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:i hated myself for the entire second half of hitman absolution.
Haha. I'll totally stop playing a game if it bores me because my time is much more limited than my funds, but for some reason I felt a weird mental obligation to go back and finish Absolution. And I felt the same way about it. I really don't know why I bothered, the game drove me away about halfway into it and it took me at least two months to get back to it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

looking forward to playing brothers for sure.

was also looking forward to playing the division based on the E3 reveal vid, but it's looking it won't be out for... a while: http://www.videogamer.com/ps4/tom_clanc ... ision.html

i've also been reading about lots of people having the rubber on their DS4 thumbsticks get worn down after only a few weeks/months. and every display unit I've seen has been worn away. urge to buy PS4... decreasing.......
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

had mine since launch, use it all the time. no wear.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Spooky Apparition wrote:looking forward to playing brothers for sure.
i love it so far.

for anyone that's played it
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
i just got to the part where the brothers find the dead giants all bloody and shit
games really engrossing right now
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Far Cry Classic out tomorrow. So happy to finally play this with out bugs giving me the business (hopefully). This game could be hard as fuck, here's hoping I still have the chops. Perfect aim rocket launcher mutant snipers with miles long eagle vision. Come get some.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

guardianoftheblind wrote:
Spooky Apparition wrote:looking forward to playing brothers for sure.
i love it so far.

for anyone that's played it
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
i just got to the part where the brothers find the dead giants all bloody and shit
games really engrossing right now
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
just met that blood cult :shock: :tup:
thirstycells
Soul of the Martyr

Post by thirstycells »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63BJB9bECB0

Why didn't they just use the original?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

I dunno but I could barely get through it because of that cover

BUT the gameplay videos for Evolve look way better. I was basically addicted to L4D, so I'm really looking forward to this and it might be what pushes me into getting a PS4 if the reviews are solid
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

haha people should just stop trying to recreate that one gears of war 2 trailer..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN2QUhaKN2Q<

Better trailer than the Evolve one.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

playstation plus is the best 50 dollars ive spent since i dont know when. i dont know why i didnt do this earlier. :drool: :pizza: