NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Hostage Grenade II
Hella Evil & Shit

Re: NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Post by Hostage Grenade II »

Detroit will be a fun team to watch. Id add them, but Im biased.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

The Rockets are supposedly worse, but the subtraction of Parsons and Lin supplemented by a defensive vet a pu-pu platter of other signings already makes the team look less indecisive and soft. I heard Parsons was way more of a whiny twat than people let on, plus he was bad on defense, and Ariza looks comfortable as fuck. There's actually a backup small forward this year (Papanikolau; Omri Casspi turned out to be terrible). That said, Parsons could have a really good career in Dallas, but who gives a shit.
Getting rid of Lin is automatic addition by subtraction. The 4 spot is still weak on defense, but I'm going to go out on a limb and say the team is better than last year.

/BALL NIGHT
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Hostage Grenade II wrote:Detroit will be a fun team to watch. Id add them, but Im biased.
i'm back and forth on them re: getting the five team pass. in that division, the only other team worth watching games vs. expected outcome is indiana, and watching them on offense is like watching a particularly boring tablecloth.

okay. okay. my five, assuming i ever cough up money for it: detroit, charlotte, utah, phoenix, new orleans. this a smart and good list.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:
Hostage Grenade II wrote:Detroit will be a fun team to watch. Id add them, but Im biased.
i'm back and forth on them re: getting the five team pass. in that division, the only other team worth watching games vs. expected outcome is indiana, and watching them on offense is like watching a particularly boring tablecloth.

okay. okay. my five, assuming i ever cough up money for it: detroit, charlotte, utah, phoenix, new orleans. this a smart and good list.

I'm tempted by New Orleans..but I really prefer those late night games out west in maximum numbers. I often miss the early game (though all games are archived), but tend to climb in to bed for the night and cue up a live one every night.

Sacramento--- Omri Casspi AND Ryan Hollins. Clearly building strong around Cousins. I have so much Kings merch I bought for a dollar--one dollar. Too embarassed to wear it outside the house.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

just say it's la kings :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:just say it's la kings :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

free broadband till nov 4.

means I'm gonna watch pelicans at 8.. other game on TNT screen 2
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Davis was fun to watch... the real deal without question, and he's still young and learning his way. Can't really teach those ball block block blocking skills. Going to put up monster numbers. He COULD be the MVP even this year if he can maintain this play. Think last year Pelicans petered out after a pretty promising start.

Watched the Lakers-Rockets... damn, Lakers sure smelled familiar from Byron Scott's cav tenure. Working very hard to grind out a shitty shot, allowing baskets without fail with 1 second on the clock, no rebounding, terrible shooting. Then they lose Randal for what I assume is the entire season. Houston didn't look great for stretches but Lakers were not a challenge. Wonder when Sixers and Lakers play, might be a hellava game.
Natas
Never, ever change, like those shitty bands!

Post by Natas »

Anthony Davis is awesome with a capital A

two fantasizing teams on espn app. s'aight.

Mavs/Spurs always a treat to watch
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

the southwest is only comprised of playoff-capable teams. that is insane.

byron scott... oy. that's what ignoring metrics gets you.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

discovered a hellava prospect at the outdoor courts monday--- He "wants a NBA championship ring"..and "after that SuperBowl champions ring" too (which will make him only athlete in history to do that..... He's about 36 years old, and "thinking about" going to either Duke, Kentucky or Syracuse (but has a safety school Canisius College) for hoops. His name, you heard it first here, "Dale" and he's about 5'8". I beat him at HORSE. :invcross:

Look out!
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

So far it is VERY easy to say that Trevor Ariza >>>>>>>>>>>>> Chandler Parsons

If that chickenheaded faggot was still on team, Gordon Hayward would've had 26 points last night. Too bad, it could've been duel of the two most overpaid white dudes in the league.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Ray wrote:So far it is VERY easy to say that Trevor Ariza >>>>>>>>>>>>> Chandler Parsons

If that chickenheaded Kuhni Lemmel was still on team, Gordon Hayward would've had 26 points last night. Too bad, it could've been duel of the two most overpaid white dudes in the league.

damn that's some serious Parsons hate... !? Maybe you are right about Ariza...but let's see if he can stay healthy all year. Parsons was a salary bargain though up until now. I think Dallas could finish above the Rockets.

Some good games last night.. holy hell did the Bucks BLOW that 23 point lead, and let Walker beat tie with wide open 3 :drool: then let him beat 'em on OT. What a choke job.

Sixers didn't play too bad they hung in there, until they got into their bench.

Laffed some more at the lakers. Kobe in a very bad mood damn after 2 games. Byron Scott giving off "please just fire me this sucks" face already. Suns were fun.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Zerohero wrote:
Ray wrote:So far it is VERY easy to say that Trevor Ariza >>>>>>>>>>>>> Chandler Parsons

If that chickenheaded Kuhni Lemmel was still on team, Gordon Hayward would've had 26 points last night. Too bad, it could've been duel of the two most overpaid white dudes in the league.
I think Dallas could finish above the Rockets.
I honestly don't understand this. I forgot who started saying it but it's apparently getting to everyone's head? Does everyone think Parsons is that much better and valuable to the team than Shawn Marion was? Tyson Chandler's still alright. Dirk is OLD and still good but not all he used to be. What the fuck is this bullshit?

Carlisle is a great croach though, but still... 7-8 seed at best.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

i think it's that dallas took spurs to seven games last year and tyson chandler sucked under woodson but he's gonna be good under carlisle again. i didn't watch that series and i'm not even sure who dallas gained and lost other than parsons and calderon and marion, but the aforementioned is the reasoning i've heard.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Vince Carter's gone too... that dude seemed to reinvent himself lately

That Brandon Wright kid is a good big.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Ray wrote:
Zerohero wrote:

I think Dallas could finish above the Rockets.
I honestly don't understand this. I forgot who started saying it but it's apparently getting to everyone's head? Does everyone think Parsons is that much better and valuable to the team than Shawn Marion was? Tyson Chandler's still alright. Dirk is OLD and still good but not all he used to be. What the fuck is this bullshit?

Carlisle is a great croach though, but still... 7-8 seed at best.
I think Tyson Chander really will help 'em out. well see..I think loaded west is still a big fight--all those teams gotta beat up on each other night after night.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

i hope lakes are worse this year than last and i'm thinking they very well might be. does lin really suck this bad? what the fuck happened to that gui, i've never paid attention to him other than that one linsanity game back when the lakes played them. ray, plz splain

i hate steven adams but i'm happy to see him finally start in front of that asshole that i hate even more perkins, even though it will perbs make the thunder, which i hate, better
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

He really can be worthless for stretches like that. His shooting would come and go. People will give him all kinds of excuses too, "he can't flourish next to Harden/Kobe, he needs to be the primary playmaker, he needs to come off the bench etc." If he can't penetrate the defense, he'll try to anyway, and when that fails he jumps in the air and throws it away. He came off the bench all last year and still didn't do anything notable, the bench sucked last year. Many consider his subtraction alone an addition to the team.

I thought he had his chance to redeem himself against Portland but no, he didn't do anything notable there either. Those plays he fucked up in that series really hurt.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

welp, i'm all for tanking anyways, so yay?

at least ed davis is looking rad, really bummed about losing randle :cry: :cry: :cry:
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Yeah, that sucked. Better tank hard.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Ray wrote:Yeah, that sucked. Better tank hard.
I guess if they get out tanked by 5 teams and lotto balls, they lose that pick to the suns... Top 5 protection.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

remember who was on ed davis' jock first :D

lakers literally have no other choice but to tank. they can't land big free agents with no supporting pieces, and the only way they can land supporting pieces without draft picks is by overpaying them, which limits their flexibility with big free agents. they ate their own tail.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

Zerohero wrote:
Ray wrote:Yeah, that sucked. Better tank hard.
I guess if they get out tanked by 5 teams and lotto balls balls balls, they lose that pick to the suns... Top 5 protection.
exactly this. tempted to say we were maybe even built to tank this season....

Toilet Fleet wrote: lakers literally have no other choice but to tank. they can't land big free agents with no supporting pieces, and the only way they can land supporting pieces without draft picks is by overpaying them, which limits their flexibility with big free agents. they ate their own tail.
Toilet Fleet wrote:not shocking whatsoever

but hear out my bizarre paranoid delusion

the lakers knew, everybody knew, that the next tv contract would bump up the salary cap huge time. so, in anticipation of that, what have the lakers done? left themselves with few long-term liabilities, and—this is the important part—paid a dude well past his prime above-market because "loyalty." once kobe's gone, that means the lakers have shown themselves to be a team obviously willing to spend, in particular willing to spend on veterans, in arguably the best basketball market (in terms of size and how much that team flat-out runs the greater la area). that willingness to spend on late-year contracts is absolutely going to be enticing to stars as they hit the 50% mark of their career trajectories.

i mean they totally could have stumbled into that fact pattern too, but i think the lakers are all set once kobe's gone and the cap jumps by a few dozen mil per. will they end up overpaying vets? yeah. but they'll be able to overpay four vets. team retirement home worked out okay for boston, right? think the lakers forgot about that?
what happened to your paranoid delusion?? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Toilet Fleet wrote:remember who was on ed davis' jock first :D
you've defo got that bro :cheers:
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

not to get all lawyerball but the two aren't mutually exclusive per se. landing stars after their ascendancy/peak is definitely possible and even likely for the lakers. it just so happens they will either have to overpay to get that on-the-tail-end talent or they will be getting guys that don't either a.) have better situations on the teams they're considering leaving or b.) already got a ring and are still competitive enough to keep balling out. lakers front office thinks they can rebuild via free agency, obviously, if you just look at their payroll. i'm not convinced.

say they gun for rondo and/or aldridge next year. what can they offer apart from money? not a team on the ascent. not a squad full of young talent in need of veteran leadership. that means to land the contract, all other things being equal, they have to overpay.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

yeah, i know they aren't mutually exclusive, but was just commenting on them eating their own tail, for now sure, butt i guess we won't know if they ate their own tail for more than the next two years until kobe's contract is up and they're still not able to land any legit free agents in 2016 with higher cap. wouldn't be surprised if they say fuck it and pay luxury tax then too.