NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
bland ed
Certified False.

Re: NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Post by bland ed »

knicks spoiling the coming home party :awesome:

i'm going to need to remind myself that i need to watch clips games now just to see ballmer going nuts
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

bland ed wrote:yeah, i know they aren't mutually exclusive, but was just commenting on them eating their own tail, for now sure, butt i guess we won't know if they ate their own tail for more than the next two years until kobe's contract is up and they're still not able to land any legit free agents in 2016 with higher cap. wouldn't be surprised if they say fuck it and pay luxury tax then too.
they can get competitive again while overpaying vets, that's totally a thing. i guess if they're willing to go into the tax in the future, they can try to lure stars coming off their rookie contracts? but even so, that means they'd be paying so much, their rotation players would be really weedy again. the answer is tank and move as many expiring contracts as they can (which is their one real asset)

also lol at all the people saying trade kobe to the knicks for pieces and amare. i mean that might help them tank faster? actually fuck it, see if new yawk will pull the trigger on that one
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:
bland ed wrote:yeah, i know they aren't mutually exclusive, but was just commenting on them eating their own tail, for now sure, butt i guess we won't know if they ate their own tail for more than the next two years until kobe's contract is up and they're still not able to land any legit free agents in 2016 with higher cap. wouldn't be surprised if they say fuck it and pay luxury tax then too.
they can get competitive again while overpaying vets, that's totally a thing. i guess if they're willing to go into the tax in the future, they can try to lure stars coming off their rookie contracts? but even so, that means they'd be paying so much, their rotation players would be really weedy again. the answer is tank and move as many expiring contracts as they can (which is their one real asset)

also lol at all the people saying trade kobe to the knicks for pieces and amare. i mean that might help them tank faster? actually fuck it, see if new yawk will pull the trigger on that one
amnesty is the easy and I think only way to unload Kobe and his monster salary

Days of a star laden laker team will be in the future again I've no doubts about that...but it won't happen until "basketball butthole" (forget who called him that, in a complementary way actually) Bryant isn't there anymore.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

some NBA comedy (and truths) courtesy from the people at Natas, LLC.

https://imgur.com/a/Nmbus
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

I watched that game last night... good game.. and dang--if the west weren't already loaded, Kings are 3-1.

Saw first half of Mavs destroying boston, then somehow boston made it it tight game..no idea WTF happened in the second half.

Even Jazz looked improved--they gave Clips a good fight. Griffin looking best he ever has looked. Clear he really worked it in the offseason.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i look forward to the next six years of blake v. brow in the mvp hunt, because it's going to happen someday soon.

the more i watch davis it's getting kinda... scary? his closing speed on perimeter shooters is hilarious; where a guy like dwight affected fg% in the paint like nobody else in the league, davis has a chance (depending on personnel) at impacting teams' 3-point shooting just by being on the same half of the court

also i really like the look of the clips bench this year, and they did well even though they lost against the kings the other day. hawes/turkoglu/farmar/crawford? why not?
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

I want to see clips win a championship this year to see ballmer absolutely losing his mind like developers x infinity losing his mind
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

when i was in highschool my dad and i made a LA Laker backboard with net... all white with purple trim and the logo in the middle... my friends thought it was stupid 'cause it wasn't all white with a red square...
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

foe'd

i'm not sure if ballmer would be more fun to watch if they're successful or collapsing like a lame racehorse

when is the lakers' first win? maybe charlotte at home? maybe, assuming their dumb offensive strategy of loserball actually works for a game. if not then, lollllll
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

had a magic johnson jersey and a purple lakers t-shirt that i would wear under it... the sidewalk was the 3-point line...
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

kobe: i'm gonna put this team on my back and beat these guys

reality: lol what
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

the fuck happened with this thread

and instead of watching games today i'm going to see the galaxy/real salt lake match :fp:
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Byron Scott... telling Kobe to "get up about 35 shots".

That's a creative offense Byron. Have an old ball hog throw up a million shots. There's only 75 games or so left... ride your young... I mean OLD stud

:drool:
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

you people are really letting me down re: this thread :nopizza:

i'm thinking about revising my views on jeremy lin. after his breakout... week, was it? he was matched wit huhhuuuuuge-time ball stoppers, at every stop along the way. i think he's better than his team performances let on: yep, still dogshit on defense, but he's actually v. good at finishing at the rim, and can shoot threes. considering those are the only two ways of scoring worth fucking anything, that keeps him north of relevant.

you know who could use a jlin? STAN VAN GUNDY

i think at that point we've reached peak mochulsky
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:you people are really letting me down re: this thread :nopizza:

i'm thinking about revising my views on jeremy lin. after his breakout... week, was it? he was matched wit huhhuuuuuge-time ball ball ball stoppers, at every stop along the way. i think he's better than his team performances let on: yep, still dogshit on defense, but he's actually v. good at finishing at the rim, and can shoot threes. considering those are the only two ways of scoring worth fucking anything, that keeps him north of relevant.

you know who could use a jlin? STAN VAN GUNDY

i think at that point we've reached peak mochulsky

I'm pro Jeremy Lin. I'm not paying his salary, what do I care (and still a big FUCK you to Carmello complaining about Lin getting paid when that went down). Like Kobe's salary is any less retarded. He's about the only thing i like on that team, especially with Randell out. Blogging smert types wanna act like Lin is 100% garbage because of that dumb turnover in the playoffs. Hey it sucked, but he's not a bad pg. He's not a good defender, but it's not from lack of effort so hey..he is what he is, and he's not bad. I'd want him on my team.

Been really zoned in watching Pelicans a bunch--- Davis is such a freak of nature. He's still got so much to learn and room to grow and he's an automatic double double already on his worst day. His shot block totals are gonna be fucking riddiculous.

Last night took in a load of games expecially staggering the endings... Knicks/Magic, Heat/Pacers, Lakers/New Orleans...then Brooklyn/Suns and Houston/Woofs--which was the only dud. Lakers were duds, was still fun watching Davis.

Dragic is also fun as hell to watch. If Lakers were such "star name" dummies they coulda had Dragic when he was shuttling from Suns to Houston then back to Suns. Fact is, in Nash's last year there Dragic wasn't all that far off from Nash.

Sorry for let down in this thread... started PM NBA tawk w/natas. sorry bout that chief, should put it right here for all to riff and discuss.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

:betternotstartanyshit: :betternotstartanyshit: :betternotstartanyshit:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
kinda guilty also? because of when i yell/text at vernon when the lakers do dumb shit
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Man, I defended Lin for the longest time, but the truth is he's a mental midget and that play in the playoffs is one of many things that happens when the pressure is on and he shits his pants, which is hilarious considering how well he did when he had nothing else to lose in NY and playing on nerves. The playoffs was what finally made people like me go "alright godfuckingdamnit enough." He's not even that good of a 3-pt shooter!? He was 34% last year, I know he's hot now but he'll probably end up with the same by the time this season is over.

Isaiah Canaan, 2nd year player taken in the 2nd round has easily filled in for Lin off the bench and then some, getting to the rim shooting fuckin threes in niggas faces and shit and playing defense. He just looks like a capable NBA player and not some streaky flash in the pan... what I'm trying to say is if you watched Lin for an entire season or two you would probably retract your own statement about wanting him on your team.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Ray wrote:Man, I defended Lin for the longest time, but the truth is he's a mental midget and that play in the playoffs is one of many things that happens when the pressure is on and he shits his pants, which is hilarious considering how well he did when he had nothing else to lose in NY and playing on nerves. The playoffs was what finally made people like me go "alright godfuckingdamnit enough." He's not even that good of a 3-pt shooter!? He was 34% last year, I know he's hot now but he'll probably end up with the same by the time this season is over.

Isaiah Canaan, 2nd year player taken in the 2nd round has easily filled in for Lin off the bench and then some, getting to the rim shooting fuckin threes in niggas faces and shit and playing defense. He just looks like a capable NBA player and not some streaky flash in the pan... what I'm trying to say is if you watched Lin for an entire season or two you would probably retract your own statement about wanting him on your team.

I watched him for 3 seasons, including Rockets last year on LP as one of my choice teams. I don't want him over the elite pgs, but to say he completely sucks and always sucks under pressure I think is an extreme overstatement. He had lots of nice games last season.

I only noticed Canaan first time last night. So maybe he's fine and gonna be good. Non issue when evaluating Lin.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

I know it's still WAAAAAY too early to be evaluating Canaan over Lin and that I'm doing it anyway, but fuck it, the eye test has made it look like a safe bet. I never said he completely sucks and is unskilled, just never found to be that reliable or consistent. He seemed to hit his ceiling and it was kind of ugly too, it was easy for a lot of other players to make him look like a kindergartener out there.
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Ray wrote:I know it's still WAAAAAY too early to be evaluating Canaan over Lin and that I'm doing it anyway, but fuck it, the eye test has made it look like a safe bet. I never said he completely sucks and is unskilled, just never found to be that reliable or consistent. He seemed to hit his ceiling and it was kind of ugly too, it was easy for a lot of other players to make him look like a kindergartener out there.

hey that's ok... I guess it gives me a new player to keep an eye on, I saw him out there last night but hadn't known much about him.

Rockets still pretty fun team to watch.

Let's fight about Parsons Chandler next! :betternotstartanyshit:
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

hahaha, I'm waiting for much later in the season to unload on Persons.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Ray wrote:hahaha, I'm waiting for much later in the season to unload on Persons.

maybe the finals!? when Mavs surprise everyone again....
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Please.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

my point re: lin is that you could do a lot worse at the point, not that i'd pick him first or even twelfth in the league if i were starting a team tomorrow

i love how people are flat out unable to come up with decent player comps for the brow without tossing in a "but" or an "and" to complete it. basically all he has to do to become a vastly superior garnett is improve his passing and maybe a little more shooting range. mvp next year?