bike thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: bike thread

Post by spacehamster »

I'm not being rude, I'm just telling him what works best. Everyone looks goofy in bike clothes as soon as they get off their bike anyway.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Geeheeb wrote:Just got a 1977 trek 710 frame w a carbon fork for $100. Hand made with all the of paperwork and receipt. It was so cheap bc all the paint is stripped. I'm either going to paint it forest green or just do a clear coat and go for a mad Max look.
went with flat black enamel. will get it powder coated sometime later this year:

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

also need a longer stem
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
featherboa
The 7000 Club

Post by featherboa »

pics aren't loading
Image Certified Poster
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

fixed i think
krog
Static Migration

Post by krog »

I like the flat black.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

that a hell of a nice ride for 100 bux!
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I probably have about $170 into it after buying the crankset ($30 used, Shimano 600), the brakes ($20 new take-off Tiagra), the paint ($10), seatpost ($5), and cables ($5).

The STI levers (105 10 speed), derailers (rear is a 105 10 speed, the front is an ultegra), cassette (105) and wheels (used CX set moved over from my surly) I had laying around, but still have some money into esp the STI.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Lookin' good, man. I really need to put together a better road bike for myself, now that I see this...
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

How do you have yerbike sitting all sturdy while installing all yercomponents?
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

I got a workstand off craihslist for $25. its a nice blackburn one from the early 90s. you can make them thogh.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

This works well, but the tool tray is kind of a joke:
http://www.amazon.com/Venzo-Mechanic-Bi ... 00D9B7OKQ/
It's nice because it folds up.

Kev, how many bikes do you have now? Gonna sell that one for profit?
I've been trolling CL for a cheap steely just because I kind of want to build up a bike.
Never seen a sweet deal like that though.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

that looks nice

I have:

trek
surly cross check
shitty bikes direct fixed gear
winter fixed gear (70s puch)

boo has:
96 gary fisher aquila setup like an english touring bike
torker kb 2 (kickback 2-speed)

bikes for visitors:
70s schwinn le tour mixte 26" single speed coaster brake
tiny shitty trek mountain bike
1950s humber english "northroad" setup as a single speed

I also have a kickback hub two speed wheelset and a internal 8 speed wheelset waiting for something cool, and a rusty but used-to-be-all-chrome track frame that has a stuck seatpost

what about you and your wife? I am not gonna sell the trek yet. its really fun and fast. I'm set for a long time I feel. that frame was a great deal, but the spray paint chips a lot easier than powdercoat. i found someone who will powdercoat it for $75 but I will probably wait until next year for that.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote:This works well, but the tool tray is kind of a joke:
http://www.amazon.com/Venzo-Mechanic-Bi ... 00D9B7OKQ/
It's nice because it folds up.
I have that exact work stand. If you don't have a permanent workshop, it's definitely nice to have a stand that folds up, and honestly, I find the tool tray useful enough. Personally, I wish it was a bit less wobbly, but that's just because my FR bike weighs over 40 pounds.

Anyway, if you're going to do anything more than fix flat tires yourself, you're going to want a work stand. One of the best investments I ever made.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

We each just have one bike - cross style alum frames with discs.
I frankly don't need anything else, but building one seems like fun, and will give me an excuse for some better components. :)
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

found this in the trash:

fork is bent beyond repair, but otherwise okay. 1993 Miele Turista. I could mos def flip this for RANDO DORK DOLLARS
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

how the hell do you shift with them way down there? nice find, though
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

How much do you fellers think I could sell a more or less mint women's Trek 7100 for? I bought it for my ex girlfriend who rode it like twice.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Damn Keever excellent dumpster dive. How much you think you can flip dat guy for?
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Rev. Christberg wrote:How much do you fellers think I could sell a more or less mint women's Trek 7100 for? I bought it for my ex girlfriend who rode it like twice.
http://www.bicyclebluebook.com
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

hipster holocaust wrote:Damn Keever excellent dumpster dive. How much you think you can flip dat guy for?
I don't know, the chainrings are beat to shit, and there is some rust. I really like it though and I might just keep it. As blogs will let you know, fixed gear kids are turning into randonneurs. But I will probably just keep it and ride it on singletrack.
Erik13 wrote:how the hell do you shift with them way down there? nice find, though
They all used to be on the downtube, buddy.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Geeheeb wrote:
hipster holocaust wrote:Damn Keever excellent dumpster dive. How much you think you can flip dat guy for?
I don't know, the chainrings are beat to shit, and there is some rust. I really like it though and I might just keep it. As blogs will let you know, fixed gear kids are turning into randonneurs. But I will probably just keep it and ride it on singletrack.
Flip it son! You have too many god damn bikes!!!
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

n+1 bikes
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Should i save this...