bike thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Re: bike thread

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

no, it only has a weight limit of 50#
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
electronichamz
git help.

bike thread

Post by electronichamz »

Someone's gonna need a bigger boat
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

59cm 2001 Lemond Zurich triple. Very smooth bike. It was listed at $500 but I bartered a few parts and got it down to $400. There was another one on CL for sale for $1200.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Spacehamster: Just like the last bike, this one came with a fucking stupid stem:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Never heard of this brand. Why do they have bikes named after my hometown?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

greg lemond
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

RY4N wrote:greg lemond
Yeah, I figured out that much (if you can't tell from the retarded shit I keep saying about road bikes here, I really don't know jack shit about road bikes), but I'm not sure I'm seeing the connection.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Greg LeMond is the only American winner of the Tour dis France He won twice, got shot with a shotgun, then won again. He had some people making nice bikes under his name, then Trek made them, then he said shit about Lance Armstrong (Trek sponsored) and that relationship ended.

This is from when Trek made them, but they aren't rebranded Treks.

Yo Ryan, I didn't get this on Paceline, but I did get a lot of other rad shit and some advice (good and bad) there and just want to thank you again for pointing me in that direction. :cheers:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Geeheeb wrote:Greg LeMond is the only American winner of the Tour dis France He won twice, got shot with a shotgun, then won again. He had some people making nice bikes under his name, then Trek made them, then he said shit about Lance Armstrong (Trek sponsored) and that relationship ended.

This is from when Trek made them, but they aren't rebranded Treks.
And what does any of this have to do with Zurich?
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Zurich is the model name after the 1983 world championship which I guess took place outside there. sorry.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Okay, more annoying questions because I'm slightly buzzed and actually curious: I googled this and only found the track cycling world champs for 1983. Which makes sense because we have an outdoor velodrome here that's actually kind of a big deal, at least among people who care about bikes. So is this frame actually what track bikes looked like in the early 80s, or did they just name a regular bike after that event for some reason?
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

HOLY FUCK!!!
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

No, its a road bike. Track bikes have always been fixed gear, no brakes allowed.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1983_UCI_ ... mpionships

Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Nice ride Kev. Are going to keep it or resell it?
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

N+1 bikes
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

By Swiss standards, Altenrhein is "near Zurich" in the same way that Detroit is near New York. And the track race actually took place in the city. Oh well. Thanks for the history lesson, anyway.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

can you ride a funicular or cable car up a mountain and ride down there?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Geeheeb wrote:can you ride a funicular or cable car up a mountain and ride down there?
In general, yes. If a cable car belongs to the national public transportation network, they're technically required to transport both you and your bike, although in reality, it kind of depends where you go, and some cable cars are operated independently. Most places, though, it's not a problem, especially out in the sticks where there aren't a lot of people and they don't have to be selective about what they do and don't allow. I just did it recently with a friend in the middle of nowhere (which of course here means it was still only a 90 minute drive from Zurich) where they were happy to get us up the hill and the trail was fucking amazing because few people ride it. And the ski resorts have pretty much caught on to the fact that they can keep their infrastructure profitable all year round if they're MTB friendly. It's really only an issue in areas like Zurich where everything's cramped. There are still problems because hikers and mountaineers have a long, long tradition in Switzerland and they don't like to share their infrastructure, but by and large, it's pretty good.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

that is super fucking cool.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Geeheeb wrote:that is super fucking cool.
Yeah, Switzerland's definitely great for mountain biking, and the sport's extremely popular around here.

This is the cable car we used the other day.

They only run it when there's people there - there's an intercom at the bottom, so you just basically load everything up, press the button and tell the grampa who sits at the top know you're ready, and he runs it from there.
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

Geeheeb wrote:
Yo Ryan, I didn't get this on Paceline
shaka brah. i traded a table saw for a road bike on paceline that had full dura ace and was made out of easton scandium tubing. its like a 4k bike for a 600 dollar saw.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

that is sick. i did pick up some mtb shoes for very cheap today though. i will think of you when i clip in
RY4N
Unquestionable Presence

Post by RY4N »

:moreawesome:
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Also rode the lemond, and its such a big step up from the cross check and other bikes i have. I was shocked at how smooth it was, and its at least 2-3 mph faster. it fits 26c gravelkings no problem, nice tires.