The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Wang Mandu »

In a just world, Sleeping Dogs would get all the sales and Watch Dogs would bomb. You could see the love put.into that game's creation. If SD doesn't get a sequel, fuck this industry.

CDProjektRed live conference next Friday at 6~7pm gmt. Witcher 3 footage :mastoman:

Shadow Warrior is getting a console release. You guys should pick it up when it releases because it has some of the finest first person melee action around. Probably Wolfenstein fans would dig it.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Oh good god.....

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman: :mastoman:
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT????
Where have you been? There's been rumors about a new Souls game for weeks now. Supposedly DkS2 was developed by From's B team and everyone's actually working on this. I'm not sure I buy that last part, but the general horror feel in the footage so far is really doin' it for me and my Demon's Souls nostalgia.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

spacehamster wrote:Supposedly DkS2 was developed by From's B team and everyone's actually working on this. I'm not sure I buy that last part
about the B team... here's a huge post where someone compares the staff from the Souls games: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.ph ... ostcount=1 It wasn't officially a B team, but they do a pretty good job of piecing together who didn't end up working on Dark Souls 2. key part:
More importantly though, what all of these lists clearly show is that the prominent developers or the "big 7" have not appeared in a title since Dark Souls 1 and feeds the rumours that Miyazaki is working on something big like Demon's Souls 2 even more.

Either way, the question still remains – was Dark Souls 2 really done by a B-Team? Perhaps it wasn't, but I think that this post at least proves that the main programmers of Dark Souls 2 have had very little experience with the Souls series and the lack of veteran developers is apparent as well.

either way... fuuuuck, I want an official announcement about this :mastoman:

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Last I heard, Miyazaki's been promoted to president of From Software, so maybe he's out of any hands-on development altogether.

Who knows. Speculating about the ins and outs of the business side of game developers and these theories about how if so-and-so had worked on this or that sequel someone personally happens to dislike, it would've been different is probably the #1 thing that pisses me off about videogame internetters. Let's just wait for the official announcement and hope this is what it looks like it is.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

well, they're just looking at the credits of each game. not really speculation about the fact Dark Souls 2 had fewer veterans from the first two games.

personally I'm hoping the B team theory pans out and more of the older staff has been working on the new one because the more distance I get from Dark Souls 2, the more I think it was highly disappointing. I still have no desire whatsoever to go back and play it. I hope it really was missing something special because of the personnel involved and that I'm just not burned out on the series.
Last edited by Spooky Apparition on Fri May 30, 2014 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:well, they're just looking at the credits of each game. not really speculation about the fact Dark Souls 2 had fewer veterans from the first two games.
Yeah, but let's face it, this is a bunch of sperglords with too much time on their hands trying to find things to criticize about Dark Souls 2, i.e. the inevitable endless complaining stage of the game sequel reception cycle.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

I dunno, I just take it at face value for what it is. as a fan of the series, I find it interesting to see who wasn't involved in the newest one.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:I dunno, I just take it at face value for what it is. as a fan of the series, I find it interesting to see who wasn't involved in the newest one.
If I'm honest, I do think Miyazaki's absence is a problem and the game feels a bit like it was made by people who don't really understand the Souls games. I just can't deal with the internet complainers anymore, my brain immediately shuts down when I try to read this stuff.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

1. there's hardly any complaining whatsoever in that post. it was more of a response to rampant speculation about whether or not it was a B team
2. that's why I posted the excerpt I did :tup2:
3. you're the one complaining here, mister.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote: 3. you're the one complaining here, mister.
:yerma:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:lol: :oops:
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I think a lot of people calling Dark Souls II a lesser game or even an easier game are a bit biased because they've already played the shit out of the first two games. I turned a PC gaming only friend onto Dark Souls 2 and he's having a hell of a time playing it. I think it stands right next to Dark Souls and Demon's Souls. Then again, opinions and all that. Demon's Souls will always have that little bit of extra magic because it blew my fucking mind at the time.

The real crazy ones are the ones who think Dark Souls is a bad game compared to Demon's Souls. :shock:
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Wang Mandu wrote:I think a lot of people calling Dark Souls II a lesser game or even an easier game are a bit biased because they've already played the shit out of the first two games.
I think there are legit/non-biased criticisms to make about the game that don't have to do with past experience with the other games, but yeah, it seems like tons of people complaining about the difficulty don't take into account how much they've already played these games. what is From supposed to do, make it literally impossible for any new players to get into the game or have an easy mode or something? I liked how they made some parts easier for newcomers by making some bosses more manageable with non-combat methods (Mytha, Lost Sinner) or just skippable with a little effort (Smelter). I hope they keep doing that in the future.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

not really WIOT i guess, so anyone else have Mario Kart 8?

add me if you do

goobyplzz
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

guardianoftheblind wrote:not really WIOT i guess, so anyone else have Mario Kart 8?

add me if you do

goobyplzz
How's the battle mode? Guess I need to buy a Wiiu now?
No Cunting Elves
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

SFIVAE transition from GFWL to Steam is an amusing mess atm. It's massively discounted and first pick on the store, so there's a whole mix of 0BP 0PP noobs and experts who've chosen to restart. It's 90% OK, but some bugs need to be squashed, not least of which is the online announcer being twice the volume of everything else, "hadoken hadoken ANYTHING COULD HAPPEN hadoken hadoken WHO WILL TRIUMPH..."
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah i think its largely going to be a matter of whichever one you played first. i do think the layering and knotted map designs of 1 is more inspired and interesting. and if there were a way to remove or change the fast travel system in 2, the distances you must go to reach certain destinations would improve the feeling of the game..

but its impossible to reclaim the feeling of learning a souls game for the first time and i don't fault them for that.

greatest series ever

I have 8 children.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I think almost everyone's saying it's still a great game, just maybe not quite as great as the previous two. Which is perfectly reasonable.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

All this ds talk reminds me off all that "hardest game ever" nonsense. Me and boo are playing megaman 1 right now and fffffffffffffffffff
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
I think there are legit/non-biased criticisms to make about the game that don't have to do with past experience with the other games, but yeah, it seems like tons of people complaining about the difficulty don't take into account how much they've already played these games. what is From supposed to do, make it literally impossible for any new players to get into the game or have an easy mode or something? I liked how they made some parts easier for newcomers by making some bosses more manageable with non-combat methods (Mytha, Lost Sinner) or just skippable with a little effort (Smelter). I hope they keep doing that in the future.
I definitely agree with you. None of the Souls games are beyons criticism. Overall, the bosses are a tad underwhelming but I really like the volume of bosses in the game.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

current status in watch underscore dogs.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol:

I have 8 children.