rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Re: rate the last beer(s) you had 1-10

Post by Toxicarius »

Evil Genius' Purple Monkey Dishwasher - :tup: /10

I'm hardly the best judge of beer, seeing as how I really don't care much for beer in the first place, but this stuff ain't bad. I picked up a six for my sister this Thanksgiving because of the name alone (long story, inside joke, nobody cares), knowing all the while she wouldn't touch it (while I can tolerate beer, she loathes it). It was good for the intended laugh, etc. etc., mission accomplished.

PMD is a chocolate/peanut butter porter, though the chocolate/PB flavors are so light I barely notice them. It's an easy drinking beer with very little of the bitterness that puts me off most beers. Just might buy again if I have another 10 bux burning a hole in my pocket...
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Got to try all 4 of the Armand Seasons. Pretty amazing night. Each of them had their own subtleties that made them stand out on their own.
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Had some more beer during xmas dinner, etc., and I guess it took the explosion of microbrews to turn this former beerophobe into a budding aficionado.

Founders Breakfast Stout - 8/10 Very dark, dense beer that tastes strongly of coffee and bitter chocolate. A bit pricey, but pretty damn good.

Evil Genius - Santa!! I Know Him! - 7/10 Tastes like a cross between beer and herbal tea. Better than it sounds...

Not Your Father's Root Beer - 9/10 The label calls it a spiced beer. My taste buds call it root beer. Perhaps a tad on the sweet side, but still delicious.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Toxicarius wrote:Had some more beer during xmas dinner, etc., and I guess it took the explosion of microbrews to turn this former beerophobe into a budding aficionado.

Founders Breakfast Stout - 8/10 Very dark, dense beer that tastes strongly of coffee and bitter chocolate. A bit pricey, but pretty damn good.

Great stuff!
Assplay!!!
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by Assplay!!! »

Rev. Christberg wrote:Ballast Point Sculpin IPA: 9.75/10 candy beer. Effin' delicious.
Standard Sculpin: 7.8/10
Grapefruit Sculpin : 9/10
Habanero Sculpin: 3/10

The price of any Sculpin: 2/10

Love their beer. Hate their inflated prices. Especially since they switched to cans.
Rev. Christberg
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Rev. Christberg »

No shit, right? I used to find the stuff for like 10 bucks a sixer in CO but out here in WA it's usually like $15. Appalling.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Peppermint Victory at Sea .4/10
Bottles taste like they were half filled with mouthwash.

Got to try a bunch of newer De Garde releases. A really fun night. Had to break it up with a few non wild/berliner choices.
De Garde releases were amazing, but there was a sleeper in the North Forks Electric Berryland. Easy 9.5/10 with so much depth and fruit. Kind of cool that the brewery is a small spot in the middle of nowhere that shares space with a roadhouse/pizza spot.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

10/10. One of the best beers I've ever had, so fucking retarded good.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

I recently had their imperial stout. It was pretty solid. I'll have to look into getting some of this.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

I think I posted somewhere back in this thread around the holidays last year about opening a bottle of Duchesse after it had been sitting in a wine cellar for a few years and how good it was. When I went up for the holidays this year I opened the other 3. Still amazing and it impressed some of my dad's wine snob friends. One night I used a couple splashes of it while roasting some asparagus and it turned out killer. I also opened a bottle of 2010 N'ice Chouffe which was good but 5 years might have been a tad too long.

This Friday Deschutes is having a specialty release of 2015 Abyss aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels and another batch aged in Cognac Barrels. I will taste there and plan to grab a bottle of both for the cellar.
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Introvert wrote:I think I posted somewhere back in this thread around the holidays last year about opening a bottle of Duchesse after it had been sitting in a wine cellar for a few years and how good it was. When I went up for the holidays this year I opened the other 3. Still amazing and it impressed some of my dad's wine snob friends. One night I used a couple splashes of it while roasting some asparagus and it turned out killer. I also opened a bottle of 2010 N'ice Chouffe which was good but 5 years might have been a tad too long.

This Friday Deschutes is having a specialty release of 2015 Abyss aged in Rye Whiskey Barrels and another batch aged in Cognac Barrels. I will taste there and plan to grab a bottle of both for the cellar.
Those are great. Seriously a step up on the regular edition.

Went to Portland for the Upright Fantasia release on Saturday. They had both this years and last years on tap. Last years was funky, but most of the fruit had fallen out. This years was super peachy and had a nice tartness level. Extra great was that they have Four Play on tap. Possibly one of my favorite PDX destinations besides Hair of the Dog with Introvert.

Also Belmont Station had less that week only Block 15 Sticky Hands. This is the possibly the best west coast IPA I've ever had (Yes that includes Pliney)
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Got a growler filled at the brewery. 10/10- super fresh, hoppy and quaffable.
A little pricey at $10 for a 32 oz fill.
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

That is a pretty good price for the quality. Had 3-4 of their beers and they've all been very solid.
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Not Your Father's Ginger Ale - 7/10

Made by the same outfit that produces the root beer mentioned earlier. It's not bad, though I would prefer something less sweet with more ginger bite.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Toxicarius wrote:Not Your Father's Ginger Ale - 7/10

Made by the same outfit that produces the root beer mentioned earlier. It's not bad, though I would prefer something less sweet with more ginger bite.
Unfortunately I had to force myself to drink their root beer after ordering it at the bar :barf
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Black Chocolate Stout - 8/10

If there's chocolate in there I'll take their word. I didn't really taste it. It's a pleasantly bitter brew that goes down easy, and you don't even notice the 10 ABV until it's too late. :cheers:
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Hell yeah. I put some of that shit in a batch of chili I made, highly recommended :cheers:
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

DuClaw Sweet Baby Jesus chocolate peanut butter porter - 8/10

The very first taste is sweetness, rapidly followed by a roasted bitter chocolate flavor. The sweet never entirely disappears, however. I liked it, though if the notion of sweet beer puts you off, you may want to avoid.
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Duclaw Dirty Little Freak coconut caramel chocolate brown ale - 7/10

Not bad at all. Smells lightly of coconut but I didn't really taste any. Hints of caramel and chocolate and a vague sweetness round out the flavor beyond the ale parts. Might buy again, though honestly I'd probably go for their Jesus brew rated above instead.
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Back with another DuClaw:

El Kabong apricot & chile ale - 8/10

A touch of fruitiness and a hint of heat really make this ale a winner. I was initially hoping for a more assertive peppery bite, but soon came to realize there's a good tasty balance here as is. :cheers:
cibola
git help.

Post by cibola »

Had a gathering of the juggalos to drink the last of a cellar that I bought with a few friends. I don't think I want to drink Fantome anytime soon. At least aged Fantome. It was very hit or miss. The Framboos and Hommage were spectacular. The West Ashley was pretty disappointing and especially so next to the De Garde Imperial Apricot Bu which was really good. Last Snow was fantastic and tasted like a mounds bar. Commons Clarabelle was the best gin aged beer I have ever had in my life. Melvin 2x4 DIPA is something I wish was available all the time on shelves. Overall a pretty fun night. :cheers:
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Yet another Duclaw: Euforia tofffee nut ale - 4/10

Not horrid, but not great, either. Pairing the buttery sweetness of toffee with the bitterness of the ale just doesn't work well...

Ciderboys Peach Country hard cider - 8/10

Smells like candy, but thankfully it's only moderately sweet. Nice...
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Aaaand yet another entry from Duclaw... I'm sensing a trend here...

Quick Start My Heart strawberry milk stout - 9/10

It smells like Strawberry Quik, but I only taste the slightest hint of strawberry when it first hits the tongue. Otherwise it's a good creamy stout with a touch of sweetness. :cheers:
electronichamz
git help.

Post by electronichamz »

Currently drinking: Bourbon Country Brand Stout (2014) - FUCK YOU/10

Nebraska Brewing Company - Tarte Apricot Saison - FUCK YOU/10

Brickway Brewery Pilsner - eh/10

Boulevard Brewing - Imperial Stout X with Coconut - FUCK YOU/10
Hostage Grenade II wrote:Plastikman is actually not made of plastic
Toxicarius
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by Toxicarius »

Not a beer this time... a hard soda type thing:

Over the Barrel Blueberry - undecided/10

If going by blueberry taste it a 9 or 10 easily.

But it's also way too syrupy sweet, so I just don't feel right rating it so high.

But the flavor... :tup:

But the sticky sweet... :tdown:

I'll have to try another once the diabetes threat lessens a bit...