indomitable nth-wave feminism thread [RAPE CULTURE 101]

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Re: indomitable nth-wave feminism thread [RAPE CULTURE 101]

Post by Cascade Whore »

Necrometer wrote:is your general outlook approaching schrag levels of bleakness?
Worse.
Wank night's cancelled
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

and im only foeing him now because i dont want to see myself attached to his abysmal micro penis posturing :lol:

"hipster" :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

FVBTVS wrote:jesus

definitely foeing you now, i cant be looking at that fucking picture all the time. bravo..

you've long been in that battletweeter/mitch space anyway i guess
Can we pause this thread for a full five minutes while I cup my nuts and breathe ...
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
12 hour post
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Kill yourself.
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

What Is "Birth Rape"?

People who use the phrase are aware that the use of the word "rape" in this instance is controversial. The blog Navel-Gazing Midwife argues that it applies:

"I know that the majority of people reading the definition of rape and attempting to apply it to birth trauma will feel it is a stretch to do so. It took decades to believe that rape occurred in marriage or that women could be rapists, too, so expanding the definition to include birth might take a very long time and, I am sure, many, many years and a slew of failed lawsuits before anyone in the legal system recognizes birth traumas/abuses, much less birthrape."
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

BUNGVOX wrote:Kill yourself.
You're on steroids...
Joe Buck
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Joe Buck »

BUNGVOX wrote:Kill yourself.
Has Tom Brady, inflated your giant head? Do you wear ski goggles to read a map to your AA meetings. Being Joe Buck, I gave to explain this. Normal reading glasses don't fit your cue ball giant head.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Speaking of alcoholics....
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Foot Foot wrote:What Is "Birth Rape"?

People who use the phrase are aware that the use of the word "rape" in this instance is controversial. The blog Navel-Gazing Midwife argues that it applies:

"I know that the majority of people reading the definition of rape and attempting to apply it to birth trauma will feel it is a stretch to do so. It took decades to believe that rape occurred in marriage or that women could be rapists, too, so expanding the definition to include birth might take a very long time and, I am sure, many, many years and a slew of failed lawsuits before anyone in the legal system recognizes birth traumas/abuses, much less birthrape."
I assumed the argument was that the baby itself was the motherfucker in this situation

but
A vulnerable woman, who is powerless to leave the situation, is at times held down against her will, has strangers looking & touching at private parts of her body, perhaps without appropriate measures being taken to acknowledge her ownership of her body or to preserve her comfort levels. Perhaps she has fingers or instruments inserted without her consent, and sometimes against her consent, invading and crossing decent boundaries. She is fearful of what is happening to her and perhaps for the wellbeing of her baby, and receives no reassurance that either she or her child are ok. That is a violation, no matter how you look at it. Even IF this treatment is given with no malice and the intent of attempting to assist her with birthing her child, there is NEVER a reason to forgo common decencies that will enable her to maintain a role in the birth, some autonomy over her body, to be involved in the decision-making, to be informed about what they want to do BEFORE they do it.
...this is a bit of a stretch but I understand the idea they're getting at. stupid and cheap to apply the R word here, probably - it's akin to the "eye rape" shit we all roll our (rapist?) eyes at.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I get the idea as well, I'd like to read the follow up article on how poo has been analy raping women.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

I'm starting to get torsion/spacehansters hate of Ross
Wank night's cancelled
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Cascade Whore »

I was watching some videos for the band Deranged Insane and aparantly Cynthia isn't in the band anymore and it bummed me out with so few females in grindcore because I'm a PC Cheetos dust fag and a moron
Wank night's cancelled
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Necrometer wrote:...this is a bit of a stretch but I understand the idea they're getting at. stupid and cheap to apply the R word here, probably - it's akin to the "eye rape" shit we all roll our (rapist?) eyes at.
The same as leering at someone?
Or do I not understand what "eye rape" means?
Image Certified Poster
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

I'm not saying the two experiences (corporate hospital childbirth & being leered at) are comparable, I am saying that they are two cases where people shouldn't be calling a thing "rape" since it's not useful. A lot of stuff happens to people's bodies in hospitals without their consent... not really more rapey just because a vagina is in the mix for this instance
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

You know some doctors probably gawk at cunt a few seconds too long here and there.
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

drunk asshole humps reviewer's leg at a girlfriend-metal show

This is not a review
This week, Rosie Solomon was sexually assaulted while watching one of her favourite bands. Here, she describes her experience and how she took action.

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
This is the WORST review we’ve ever gotten (WE WANT YOU TO READ IT!). I hope we never read another article like this. The following article and coinciding text is posted with the active consent from Rosie Solomon, who wrote the review, and with whom we have offered whatever kind of apology we can:

http://www.redbrick.me/music/this-is-not-a-review/

We have always considered our audience, on the whole, to be overwhelmingly nice. We have far too many examples in support of this statement to list, and that’s well beside the point anyhow. Since beginning, many years ago, we have sought to set and maintain a high moral/ethical standard for ourselves; just as we do for those in our audience who are willing to listen and meet get to know us, apart from our stage personae. Behind the façade of our music, lyrics, and occasional fanfare, beyond the stage, the amps, the drums and the all the other racket, we are utterly average human beings, whose opinions, thoughts, and experiences are extraordinarily similar to those of us without instruments, albums, and press-releases. We have families, partners, and children and a crew (many of whom are female). All this time, we have made an effort to recognize that any of our perceived popularity is likely some net-result or byproduct borne of our passion and love for music. In truth, we truly dislike the idea of separating ourselves, in any fundamental way, from our audience.

FACT: we have no tolerance for sexism, or any form of intolerant/insensitive behavior. In Baroness’ real, functioning touring-world, we are witness to daily proof-by-example that gender exerts no weight on the scales of capability, strength or intelligence. Additionally, we are extremely sensitive to the gender-disparity that can exist, especially within the world of rock/metal music; and we are embarrassed and disturbed that Rosie (or anyone, for that matter) could have had such a terrible experience at one of our shows. (PLEASE NOTE: it is not any more or less important that this abuse occurred at a Baroness show, or even at a show at all.) IT SIMPLY SHOULD NOT HAVE HAPPENED. Not in a club, on the street, at home. . . anywhere. The fact that this happened at a show that we put on brings the story more directly to our ears; and we felt immediately compelled to react. After speaking with Rosie Solomon, and gaining her permission, we decided to share her article. We can only hope, anxiously and hopefully, that someone who needs to read this does so, and pays attention to her story, in order that it might have a positive effect. I promise, not one person amidst the Baroness tour-party would show sympathy for the man in this article. We do not condone and we do not tolerate any form of sexual aggression or intolerance, nor will we ever. The man detailed in this article, whoever you are, if you read this post, stay the fuck away from Baroness and our audience. We don’t need you at our show, we don’t want you in our audience. - - - Baroness
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Baroness wrote: Behind the façade of our music, lyrics, and occasional fanfare, beyond the stage, the amps, the drums and the all the other racket, we are utterly average human beings, whose opinions, thoughts, and experiences are extraordinarily similar to those of us without instruments, albums, and press-releases.
I beg to differ. I'm certainly not a pretentious asshole like you...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

Shit bands get shit fans
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Necrometer wrote:
Foot Foot wrote:What Is "Birth Rape"?

I assumed the argument was that the baby itself was the motherfucker in this situation

but
A vulnerable woman, who is powerless to leave the situation, is at times held down against her will, has strangers looking & touching at private parts of her body, perhaps without appropriate measures being taken to acknowledge her ownership of her body or to preserve her comfort levels. Perhaps she has fingers or instruments inserted without her consent, and sometimes against her consent, invading and crossing decent boundaries. She is fearful of what is happening to her and perhaps for the wellbeing of her baby, and receives no reassurance that either she or her child are ok. That is a violation, no matter how you look at it. Even IF this treatment is given with no malice and the intent of attempting to assist her with birthing her child, there is NEVER a reason to forgo common decencies that will enable her to maintain a role in the birth, some autonomy over her body, to be involved in the decision-making, to be informed about what they want to do BEFORE they do it.
...this is a bit of a stretch
No Cunting Elves
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

THE KILL wrote:
Baroness wrote: Behind the façade of our music, lyrics, and occasional fanfare, beyond the stage, the amps, the drums and the all the other racket, we are utterly average human beings, whose opinions, thoughts, and experiences are extraordinarily similar to those of us without instruments, albums, and press-releases.
They hit the nail on the head at 'facade'
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

BUNGVOX wrote:
THE KILL wrote:
They hit the nail on the head at 'façade'
Get your shit together, fellow utterly average human being!
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

I'd rather be average than be in baroness.
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Totally bummed as I thought they were registered here for a second.
No Cunting Elves
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

BUNGVOX wrote:I'd rather be average than be in baroness.
I'd totally be in an average Baroness.