NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Re: NBA THREAD: Toilet Fleet Jr 2013!!

Post by altars of radness »

He'll be MVP this year if NO makes the playoffs.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
altars of radness
Olde Timer

Post by altars of radness »

Although, after watching the Kings beat SA today, maybe you could say the same thing about Demarcus Cousins. He made Tim Duncan look like a piece of fucking topiary toward the end of that game.
Erik13 wrote:Does anyone have pics of Ron shirtless?
http://teenagedesires.bandcamp.com
http://mockduck.bandcamp.com
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

altars of radness wrote:He'll be MVP this year if NO makes the playoffs.

well one thing's for sure, if you started a new league and redrafted out of all the players, Anthony Davis would /should go #1. Not saying he is THEE #1 player (though he's in the conversation) but when you factor in his age and unique physique and skills, he is thee guy...and he's not all ceiling and future, he's doing it already.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

That Warriors Lakers game was a oddball circus.

Kobe going goofy with taking every single shot for 3 quarters...had 44. and in this genius offense, they were down like 35 points. Warriors were on pace for 150 before clearing the bench for the 4th quarter.

I think if Jeremy Lin took 50 shots he'd wind up with 35 points a night too. Sorry Kobe not impressed. He's like some creepy old lady retired star like Bette Davis in Baby Jane or some other weirdy twilight zone episode. Sad.

Truth is they were better last year with Pau and no Kobe.
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i'm not sure which i love more: the passive-aggressive misunderstood hero quotes from kobe, or the fucking existential dread in jeremy lin's voice and face

at least d'antoni had an offensive philosophy somewhat grounded in modern basketball; this team ain't running shit except themselves out of the building, night after night
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:i'm not sure which i love more: the passive-aggressive misunderstood hero quotes from kobe, or the fucking existential dread in jeremy lin's voice and face

at least d'antoni had an offensive philosophy somewhat grounded in modern basketball; this team ain't running shit except themselves out of the building, night after night
full disclosure, when Kobe was winning titles, of course I was a hater, but in the righteous "he's great and on someone else's team" way... not unlike Jordan. But with both, it goes on so long that hate turns into appreciation for an all time talent and all time great player. I think it's pretty normal in sport fandom...

Even on that last few Kobe title runs and even the failed run but prior to his injury I had even more respect for his buring "desire to win". I saw it, and couldn't help see it was real.. Playing with injuries, fucked up fingers bent or broken... what can you say.

Last season he was barely in the lineup--no change in my feelings, but this year, it's like he is erasing his legacy, I am questioning his desire to WIN. It's pathetic, weird and sad, selfish, and like a cartoon.

I've watched a byron scott team with no talent stink up the record books with consecutive losses before, but not with a hall of famer on the roster, and one with still some ability in the tank.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

yeah i think we all mature to the point where we no longer hate the greats for being great and on the wrong team; and yeah, i'm a celtics fan, so of course i hated his ass for years. it was all rah rah dumbshit. he's an all-time talent, only an idiot argues otherwise. even the legacy-tarnishing field of advanced metrics only shows how extremely good he had been in the past. but the past be the past.

kobe bryant is still above average, but he's not what he was. he's not the shooter he was in the past, and that's from eye test alone, not even getting into the numbers that show just how much he's fallen off (answer: a lottttt). he's playing the worst defense of his career—not surprising for a guy that's logged 18 years of nba games on his legs. and that's on a team where he's probably the single best defender by track record.

also i'd like to point out that statistically speaking, ed davis is probably the best thing going for the lakers right now 8)
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

Can b just hurry up and start davis and hill FUCK
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:yeah i think we all mature to the point where we no longer hate the greats for being great and on the wrong team; and yeah, i'm a celtics fan, so of course i hated his ass for years. it was all rah rah dumbshit. he's an all-time talent, only an idiot argues otherwise. even the legacy-tarnishing field of advanced metrics only shows how extremely good he had been in the past. but the past be the past.

kobe bryant is still above average, but he's not what he was. he's not the shooter he was in the past, and that's from eye test alone, not even getting into the numbers that show just how much he's fallen off (answer: a lottttt). he's playing the worst defense of his career—not surprising for a guy that's logged 18 years of nba games on his legs. and that's on a team where he's probably the single best defender by track record.

also i'd like to point out that statistically speaking, ed davis is probably the best thing going for the lakers right now 8)

In the 80s, I think though everyone had their own local or otherwise team they also adopted either he Celtic of Lakers as their team in those finals and playoff runs. No one didn't have an opinion. You were fer Bird or fer Kareeem and Magic--there was no neutrality. I was fer Bird/the Chief/Dennis Johnson, crew... I even remember watching that michigan st/indiana st showdown in college with magic and bird-
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

the battle of the states that fucking suck
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

bland ed wrote:poor ray :cry: :cry: :cry:
Harden leading the league in defensive win shares.
Natas wrote:Can't win a championship with a guy that does this regularly, Ray
DUBBA DIDDA DADA DOODOO, RAY

SHUT UP
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

yo the rockets starting five totally looks title-competitive imo

pretty much all those things you need to win in the current ene be a are there (rim protection, stud on-ball defender, perimeter shooting), plus you have harden able to create off the dribble anywhere within 97 feet, which sucks if you're trying to keep your post defenders honest

the bench is a huge concern but when is it not on a non-Spurs team?
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

Toilet Fleet wrote:yo the rockets starting five totally looks title-competitive imo

pretty much all those things you need to win in the current ene be a are there (rim protection, stud on-ball defender, perimeter shooting), plus you have harden able to create off the dribble anywhere within 97 feet, which sucks if you're trying to keep your post defenders honest

the bench is a huge concern but when is it not on a non-Spurs team?
i still feel bad for our friend ray, cant explain it. gut feeling probably :( :( :(
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

That gut feeling is totally there with all Houston sports fans dude, I know. :(
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Watched Golden State and OKC last night... good game despite OKC's injuries.

That Golden State team is so well constructed. I have to think Jerry West has more than casual opinion input on all their moves. They haven't fucked up any draft picks in their rebuild and made savvy under the radar acquisitions like Mo Speights and Livingston.

I wouldn't be surprised to see 'em in the finals.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

teams so far this year that are below league average on both offense and defense, pace adjusted:

orlando
charlotte
philadelphia
minnesota

that could comprise the single worst double-header in league history; and no, it doesn't happen in any permutation any time this season, i checked. :(
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

watched some good one's last night... Mavs Bulls was quite the ending.. fun game.

Watched cavs/Bucks too... Cavs pulled it out at the end, but Milwaukee ain't no joke. They really drafted well. Anthefsfdfkjfsidfjsfojoas;difjsodjfpoukoumpo is looking like the value pick of all time--- I think if that Bennett draft was a do-over, he goes #1 overall. Parker looked good too.

Looking over that "weak" 2012 draft (the bennett one), there's a bunch of servicable NBA players..and quite a few looking much better in second year (Bennett ain't one of 'em). Think Otto Porter looks better... Alex Len looks OK. Plumlee was another late first body that was a great value.
Shabazz Muhammad is actually scoring now with regularity, even Ben McLemore playing better and he seems a bust last year. Adams and Olynyk were both decent even last year.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

nba lottery projection is not that different from college recruit projection: the elites you know are elites on eye test alone. after that, it's a crapshoot. every year, five star blue chippers end up all over the place, and the overwhelming majority are underwhelming (and minorities lol)

the greek freak is exactly the kind of player that's a smart upside pick in the mid-first round: the physical attributes will never not be there, it's just a question of him rounding out his game and adapting to the nba pace/style of play. also it's never a bad idea to draft a guy that is almost 7 feet tall, agile, with three point range.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:nba lottery projection is not that different from college recruit projection: the elites you know are elites on eye test alone. after that, it's a crapshoot. every year, five star blue chippers end up all over the place, and the overwhelming majority are underwhelming (and minorities lol)

the greek freak is exactly the kind of player that's a smart upside pick in the mid-first round: the physical attributes will never not be there, it's just a question of him rounding out his game and adapting to the nba pace/style of play. also it's never a bad idea to draft a guy that is almost 7 feet tall, agile, with three point range.

its an even nicer bonus to draft a tall ass athletic freak, then have him grow 2 inches between draft and camp.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

that actually happened? jesus, he was that young when they drafted him, crazy

the bucks are maybe overplaying their hand right now, but they've got pieces for sure. knight needs to improve his ast/to in order to hit that next level of pg, but he's working at it; it's a very very good problem to have two young and competent wings in parker and antentoetc.; henson and pachulia's respective strength/weaknesses are actually complementary when you get down to it

next step is a on-his-way-out vet with title pedigree that'll keep the young guys' heads in big games and reinforce the basic shit they have to do to sustain success over a year
bland ed
Certified False.

Post by bland ed »

If there was any team that drafted papanikolao it had to have been the pussies known as the rockettes
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I don't actually believe this, I just had to say it because been thinking it each time I hear that name
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

Toilet Fleet wrote:that actually happened? jesus, he was that young when they drafted him, crazy

the bucks are maybe overplaying their hand right now, but they've got pieces for sure. knight needs to improve his ast/to in order to hit that next level of pg, but he's working at it; it's a very very good problem to have two young and competent wings in parker and antentoetc.; henson and pachulia's respective strength/weaknesses are actually complementary when you get down to it

next step is a on-his-way-out vet with title pedigree that'll keep the young guys' heads in big games and reinforce the basic shit they have to do to sustain success over a year
Yeah I think Bucks drafted a 6'10" Giannis(!). I just hope he doesn't have some bizzare disease that makes him grow to 7'5" and die age 30.

Knight has taken some time to develop but he's impressed me in the game I've seen Bucks this year, and was really strong last night. Henson was out last night, but I think he's a nice piece too...and Zaza was a good pickup.

In the east, I don't see why they can't make the playoffs. While bucks are not reason to get completely gay over 'em yet, looking back just a year and the team that was an automatic loser every night has made a big jump.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

wanted to get that story straight...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2108 ... ed-in-2013
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Rockets who are short-handed in starting front court and both point guards just murdered the Grizzlies, holy shit. I GUESS THEY'LL JUST TALK ABOUT THE WARRIORS SOME MORE THOUGH.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

I watched three quarters of the Suxers and Woofs last night... seeing if NBA history would be made.

and I don't think I'll be watching hoops anymores...I gouged my eyes out with a toenail clipper, because I couldn't take it. Imagine a 4th grade girls basketball game, but instead of 5 minute quarters, 48 minutes; and the 3 foot tall girls are only allowed to shoot from 3 point land. My hearing is shot from all the clanking.

I'm not sure who should be more embarrassed... the Sixers acting like they "played hard and well and got the win" or the WOOFs, for managing to match the ineptness shot for shot.

You know who looked good in that game though?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
nobody

Saw the end of the Bucks n Mavs... travelling or not, that was another Monta Ellis circus ass shot and a half...for the win with the buzzer ringing. He did a screwball pirouette n' chuck...ridiculous but I've seen him do it a bunch of times. Including the night before.