Fallout 4

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Re: Fallout 4

Post by Ray »

HAHAHA yeah, what the fuck is that shit? Does anyone care to craft anything for these settlements other than that?? I can't bring myself to.

As for that quest, I have its defenses "80% complete" :confused:
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

No.

A lot of people are reallllllly into it though. Like, that's all they do in the game is craft shit. I tried it a little bit and hated it. It's clunky as fuck and works like shit with k/m.

All I wanted was 1 place where i could store all my followers. It turns out you need really high charisma and perks.

It will be interesting to see what modders come up with to fix some of the major problems with crafting. I probably still won't care.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

i think i'm done with this game until the modders do their thing..
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I've banged two broads already, and now working on my third. So, I have that going for me.

I'm going to do the main quest eventually, but I just can't gather a single rat's ass about finding my video game son. I'm more of the mind it's a means to killing the fag that killed my hot scarred up wife.

This game is no doubt my 2015 game of the year, but I'm not sure it's the best Fallout game I've played this year. Silver Shroud, Pickman, Radioactive water logged zombie town and Salem have been stand out missions, but everything else has seemed dated in it's just go there and kill the dudes or get the thing approach. While I feel Skyrim was a vast improvement in the evolution of the Elder Scrolls games, I'm thinking Fallout 4 stepped over onto the Call of Duty path while moving certain aspects forward.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I think I might try out a few mods tonight. Nothing too extreme, just graphical. Also, the one that doesn't allow for negative opinions from the companions. I hated playing like a pussy because Piper didn't like me being a dick.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The Bill wrote:I think I might try out a few mods tonight. Nothing too extreme, just graphical. Also, the one that doesn't allow for negative opinions from the companions. I hated playing like a pussy because Piper didn't like me being a dick.
Yeah, well, the beta and now the official patch don't let mods that aren't music or textures replacements work. :x

I've been kind of digging my Skyrim replay more and more, so I may take a short break. Perhaps give the Nexus Community time to fix this.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Nexus Mod Manager update fixed most of the issues with mods. Went back in. Holy shit, southern Mass is tough.

That official FO4 patch prettied up the game a good bit as well. Oh, shiny.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I used a command once to spawn Piper to me. She disappeared another time but eventually made it to the spot. I think if you ditch some one far from their appointed place it takes them a long while to get their.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

On xbone, my level 37 character's saves aren't.....saving. neither quicksaves or hard saves are appearing in my load screen. I lost 2 hours of play from last night. And when I loaded the game this morning, it somehow over-wrote, and corrupted my latest save file, pushing me back another 3 hours.

So I started an all melee character and the game is way more fun with this play style. Life goes on...
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

I've started having a lot of fun building my settlement but I guess I don't really understand the point? The game isn't that hard, and weapon/armor upgrades are obviously independent from the settlement stuff. I'm curious why they spent so much time on this system when it appears to have no real benefit to the gameplay itself... unless they're planning DLC or something where you can attack other people's settlements. that'd be great, but I'd be surprised if it ever happened.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Ghost Dad wrote:
So I started an all melee character and the game is way more fun with this play style. Life goes on...
I have some cool looking blades. One sword I stole from a grave and one ritual knife. Thing is, synths, super mutants & raiders always have guns. Plus, going up close to Deathclaws & radscorpions seems like a bad idea. Who do you fight against with melee? Flys & zombies?
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

The Bill wrote:
Ghost Dad wrote:
I have some cool looking blades. One sword I stole from a grave and one ritual knife. Thing is, synths, super mutants & raiders always have guns. Plus, going up close to Deathclaws & radscorpions seems like a bad idea. Who do you fight against with melee? Flys & zombies?
Not 100% melee. I'm supplementing with explosives (that perk that gives you the trajectory of thrown explosives is invaluable). But I also use a lot of chems, and dogmeat is good for distracting enemies. Doesn't matter if they have guns, as power attacks will stagger most gun-toting enemies. Plus I still try to get the drop on most enemies with sneaks. If you have enough healing items and you pick your perks right, you can still kill most enemies with melee. Admittedly, I use bottle cap mines to deal with death claws, and I had to fall back on using a fatman to drop a mirelurk queen's health to 20% before finishing her off with a sledgehammer.

Those bleed damage weapons are also a big help. I dunno, I'm planning another melee run on my next character, but putting more stock in the agility section (those massive sneak criticals) instead of the tank character I'm using now.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

How did I miss that grenade perk? An visible arc would be huge.

Anyhow I beat the main story with the Brotherhood. It actually wrapped up a lot better than Fallout 3 did.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Just started a strength character.

Punching people's heads off :moreawesome:
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Jerrod
git help.

Post by Jerrod »

I basically 1-shot everything in the game.

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The gun debris option they patched in while I had this uninstalled is so unnecessary, yet so awesome. With my blood mod and gun shell mod, this is some excellent post-battle graphics.

They also have tuned up the texture and graphics mods I had used before. Game is legitimate gorgeous now.

PS4 or X1 versions get mod support, yet? 'Cause you ain't getting those mods.

I was kind of bumming at this game after I had stopped playing it, but now that I came back in, I'm back in. It's one of those things that you can nitpick apart after your done with it, but love it while engaged with it.

I'm hoping there's some side quest left that I haven't discovered, because I only have very few left on my quest list.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Fooled around with melee Friday. May have to start a new game as that kind of player.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

My melee dude proved way overpowered. I think I'm going to wipe all the mods and use completely different ones when all these DLC finally come out. So, I'm putting this link here for prosperity since a few have my attention, but I'm bound to forget a few months from now:

http://fandom.wikia.com/articles/the-be ... -of-player
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

I know everyones probably so over this game but I stopped playing when I heard the survival mode was coming and I'm really glad that I did. I started a new guy and its a completely different experience in the best possible way.. so many game mechanics get to shine, the level of engagement you have to have with the landscape is really heightened. You have to really scrutinize all your choices in a much more interesting way, whereas before a vast majority of the games elements just get pushed to the background. the amount of risk/reward you experience is amazing, at least in the early levels.. a ton of shit can go very wrong on you very quickly if you don't plan.

settlements are actually an invaluable asset now instead of being some gay side interest. I'm amazed. It's not going to make the story or dialogue choice system any better but actual 'survival' aspect of the game is great. even the bullet sponginess of the enemies is changed. there's a real give and take to everything. everyone, including the lone death claw I've encountered so far, can die very easily. I am positively dreading getting ambushed by a radscorpion. The amount I've played since this dropped is staggering and I haven't even done Corvega yet. I made my first trip to diamond city and its the most immersed and tense I've been playing a game since Dark Souls 1..

I bought a room at the INN in diamond city just to save for chrissakes!! When does that ever happen

I have 8 children.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

BRO.

Completely forgot about survival mode :tup: excited to dust this game off and give it another go. Did you get any of the dlc?
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah but i havent touched it. i saw a huge robot showdown with pew pew lazers and crazy shit going down from far away but i didn't go near them. i just watched through my scope :lol:

I have 8 children.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

shit, I might have to load this up again.
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i paid 250 caps for antibiotics (which is the most ive ever paid for anything in this game) because i had an INFECTION that was KILLING ME and theres no obamacare in the wastes bros

I have 8 children.