Game of Thrones reminder

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Re: Game of Thrones reminder

Post by Ray »

They do have weaknesses but how many times do we have to see the fat girl give dramatic speeches about doing the same several things and setting something on fire

But whatever, it's been the best season in a long time so far
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Spooky Apparition wrote:the only defense I hear is that she's a good character if you've read the books, but fuck that. Clarke shouldn't get a free pass because the source material is better than the TV script.
Yeah, no. That's book nerds going out of their way to bash the show. She's by far the worst main character in the books. Imagine 55 minutes of her swooning over Daario. :| A lot of cool stuff happens around her but she herself isn't that different from the books.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

yeah tyrions accent is fucking pathetic
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Strong Belwas emerges from mega-kalasar???
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Fucking Grey Worm jesus christ.
No Cunting Elves
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

spacehamster wrote:That shot of the dragon flying around the mountains looked like something out of a goddam Harryhausen movie.
That shot was awesome. The overhead shot though...
No Cunting Elves
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I think Clarke has gotten much better at acting as the show has gone on. Her scenes with Tyrion last season were excellent, and her scene with Jorah where she ordered him to find a cure was really, really good. I think the sound of the Dothraki language is fucking stupid, and she sounded stupid having to yell those lines in a dumb made-up language. I also think that scene should have been saved for another episode. I got all of the parallels to Khal Drogo's speech in Season 1, but Momoa's voice sounded awesome yelling that barbaric shit. Her speech sounded dumb. But I wouldn't blame her completely for it.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Iron Goldie
Giant Eyeball of Death.

Post by Iron Goldie »

There have definitely been some blunders in Dany's storyline (both in the show and in the books), but I don't hate her. I honestly don't get all the hate, really. It just comes off less as actual critique and more like bitter manchild crying after a while.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

omfg
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

top 10 episode ever for me for sure. just the Hound and Bronn coming back made it fucking great, but I thought almost every scene was memorable. I wonder who was absent that maybe contributed to this episode being awesome...
FVBTVS wrote:she's not a great actor but i rarely feel like she's holding anything back. tyrions accent is terrible, bran is low energy, jon snow is boring, sam and gilly have two notes between them, varys doing anything other than supporting is completelylost, grey worm and misandei should never speak
... oh, every single one of these people except Jon Snow.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yarra getting some titty. theon. blackfish. fucking lady mormont :lol:

screaming like a GIRL when i saw the hound

I have 8 children.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Ian McShane until the year two thousand and foreva nigga
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Sad he's already dead :(
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Oh Fuck Yeah!

Best episode of the season, by far. So much good shit. No filler, or corniness.

Fuck Meereen and all its boring shit. I'd rather have the Hound and Ian McShane replace Clark and Dinklage. (I was so hoping McShane was on longer. :cry: )

Olenna Tyrell giving shit to Cersei and Blackfish giving shit to Jamie. :awesome: Old fucks know how to talk shit. :awesome:

I've got to give it up for this show. They can pick some really awesome child actors.

"You've had a couple bad years." "Couple bad years?!?" :awesome:
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

I think anytime a Stark gets happy you know one of them will get stabbed.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

the Hound going after the Brotherhood!

Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

Spooky Apparition wrote:top 10 episode ever for me for sure. just the Hound and Bronn coming back made it fucking great, but I thought almost every scene was memorable. I wonder who was absent that maybe contributed to this episode being awesome...
FVBTVS wrote:she's not a great actor but i rarely feel like she's holding anything back. tyrions accent is terrible, bran is low energy, jon snow is boring, sam and gilly have two notes between them, varys doing anything other than supporting is completelylost, grey worm and misandei should never speak
... oh, every single one of these people except Jon Snow.
:tup: and it feels like they struck a special kind of tone with this episode, great pacing and dialogue too
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Confused as to why The Brotherhood would slaughter a bunch of those people and hang that guy, but maybe we're supposed to be. I was looking forward to seeing more of Ian McShane, it's too bad, and the subtitles said his name was "Ray"
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Ray wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Confused as to why The Brotherhood would slaughter a bunch of those people and hang that guy, but maybe we're supposed to be. I was looking forward to seeing more of Ian McShane, it's too bad, and the subtitles said his name was "Ray"
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Under the leadership of the undead Catelyn Tully the brotherhood has embarked on a campaign of revenge against those who were their enemies. Participants of the Red Wedding, particularly the Freys, are their targets. For instance, after he had been dismissed from Riverrun by Jaime, Ser Ryman Frey was ambushed by the brotherhood and was hanged like Merrett, along with his entire party. According to Thoros, at this point the brotherhood have fallen low, and are no different to regular outlaws; many have left the Catelyn-led organization.
maybe?
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FVBTVS wrote:screaming like a GIRL when i saw the hound
Watching it now and just saw the opening and did the same. CLEGANEBOWL.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Great episode from start to finish and it flew by. I want more!
Warpsmasher
DO THE DEW!

Post by Warpsmasher »

Septon Swedgin reminiscin' on cuttin' throat :awesome:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

someone finna get their whole face ripped the fuck off by hand :moreawesome:

I have 8 children.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

ThePhillyExperiment wrote:Oh Fuck Yeah!

Best episode of the season, by far. So much good shit. No filler, or corniness.

Fuck Meereen and all its boring shit. I'd rather have the Hound and Ian McShane replace Clark and Dinklage. (I was so hoping McShane was on longer. :cry: )

Olenna Tyrell giving shit to Cersei and Blackfish giving shit to Jamie. :awesome: Old fucks know how to talk shit. :awesome:

I've got to give it up for this show. They can pick some really awesome child actors.

"You've had a couple bad years." "Couple bad years?!?" :awesome:
Yara was fucking great in this episode. "Wah, your cock got cut off and you were tortured as a slave for a few years? Drink up, pussy!"
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

The Real MPD wrote:
Ray wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Under the leadership of the undead Catelyn Tully the brotherhood has embarked on a campaign of revenge against those who were their enemies. Participants of the Red Wedding, particularly the Freys, are their targets. For instance, after he had been dismissed from Riverrun by Jaime, Ser Ryman Frey was ambushed by the brotherhood and was hanged like Merrett, along with his entire party. According to Thoros, at this point the brotherhood have fallen low, and are no different to regular outlaws; many have left the Catelyn-led organization.
maybe?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I think LSH is in the mix this season, but between the show and the book, I don't remember them reaving smallfolk. They'd steal from those kinds of people, they were rogue bandits and even more bloodthirsty for anything Frey or Lannister after LSH took over, but butchering them was totally out of left field and especially without burning them for the lord of light or something. Don't get it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, great episode. Reminded me that I originally liked this show for the dialogue. The whole thing was really just people talking, and somehow it ends up being better than most other episodes. Glad to see they still know how to do this.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

The reason the dialog is so much better in this episode is that it is much more closely based on the books, all this stuff with Jamie and the Hound in the Riverlands is from back in book 4 and starts to happen much sooner after the Red Wedding in the chronology compared to the show. It's basically what Jamie was supposed to do instead of going to Dorne.