Battlefield 3 thread: ENEMY APC SPOTTED

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Re: Battlefield 3 thread: ENEMY APC SPOTTED

Post by Ray »

oh
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Damn, might this be the first Battlefield game I buy? Looks amazing.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

HORSE VS TRAIN
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:fonz:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

:shock:

Hope 8gb of RAM is still enough
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Ray wrote::shock:

Hope 8gb of RAM is still enough
yeah im weirdly excited in a way i wasn't before. i'm seeing a lot of overlap between the mechanics of hardline/bf4/battlefront which should be more worrying than anything but i think it'll be great. i hope the melee stuff is good :twisted:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I like all the Battlefield games. Loved some, 1942 in particular. But a big fan of the series.

For some reason I'm just not stoked on the world war 1 premis.

I know you don't play games for realism and setting a game in WWI isn't going to be much fun drowning in trenches in the fields of France or marching into machine gun fire after artillery barrages.

But when I see those tanks that barely could stay mobile enough to putt across the mud at 5mph doing hairpin turns like a Tiger tank or some shit it just makes me loose interest.

I detest modern warfare and COD and am keen for something new - but some of this just is just ... I dunno it irks me

:oops: will first day purchase , irked.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I don't know, dudes. I can say the single player will be short and tacked on, but when ever an action packed FPS comes around (despite me thinking/talking trash about it) I'm suddenly all:

FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

fuck

is anyone getting bf1? i really wasnt going to but now im having second thoughts..

who am i kidding :(
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Comrade Slinky
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Comrade Slinky »

I wish CoD wasn't stuck up it's own ass with exo suits and robots but the sting of how totally shit BF4 was is still fresh. If the multiplayer maps are ass like the one the beta had that makes things even more difficult. Fuck.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

FVBTVS wrote:fuck

is anyone getting bf1? i really wasnt going to but now im having second thoughts..

who am i kidding :(
I don't know *cough*boughtandpreloadeditonPCtoday*cough* isn't it uncool to play these games now?
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

There's nothing else out for a while so I'm in
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

It has been 9 years since I deployed to Iraq. I spent 15 months there doing convoy recovery. Since I got back I’ve dealt with at times crippling PTSD, and about three years ago my therapist recommended I try playing a more realistic war game, as it apparently helps many people (though honestly I don’t know how). At the time I just picked up a game that I knew nothing about, but looked cool. It was Spec Ops: The Line.

For anyone who has played that game I can feel you likely cringing. It is both the hardest game I’ve ever played, and one of the single best examples I’ve seen (though obviously embellishments exist) that help to really show some of the difficulties of war. All in all I saw some benefits though it was incredibly hard for me, but wasn’t really sure and after beating SO:TL I decided to take a break from the more realistic video games for a bit.

Cut to last week when I picked up Battlefield 1. I really enjoyed the beta a lot, it was fun, fast paced, and it felt good (something rare for FPS for me outside of Destiny). I decided to go ahead and try out some of the story first, and the first mission set I played through after the opening was the story of Bess and the tankers. Oddly enough this is probably the closest to my deployment. There was one moment in particular, toward the end of the story arc where you are fighting for the train yard, when a shot hit the side of the tank and for the first time in my life I had a flashback while playing videogames.

The second hardest day of my deployment was about 4 months in, I had recently been moved from TC (Tank Commander, though I was in an up-armored HMMWV not a tank, basically the guy in the passenger seat) to the gunner position because a sniper round had hit our previous gunner and injured his shoulder. They were nervous about putting someone fresh to the team in the gunner’s position so I volunteered to take it while the new guy took the TC spot. My job was pretty simple, I covered the left side of the convoy, period. While we were on our way to pick up a truck that had been hit by an RPG we came under some small arms fire. Our TTP was to push through and avoid the engagement if possible. As we were pushing through my TC, fresh off the base, unhooked my harness (we had a harness system so I wasn’t exactly standing but wasn’t exactly sitting while in the gunner’s nest) and I fell down into the vehicle. Just as I was starting to yell at him for being a fucking asshole I hear, hell I can’t even describe it well today. It sounded like someone almost banging a gong, but not exactly? The vehicle rocked up on it’s side a bit but kept moving and I watched as my nest caught fire (we had netting covering the top that apparently wasn’t as flame resistant as I had hoped). I don’t honestly remember a lot of what happened for the rest of the mission. I remember getting back up in the gun but it is still kind of a blur after that. I’ll never forget what Matt (the newbie) told me afterwards though, he looked me in the eye and said “I wasn’t sure what to do, so I dropped you”. We started laughing like absolutely maniacs, to the point of crying our eyes out for almost an hour. He died a few months after we got back from Iraq, one of those weird cases where he went to sleep and just never woke up.

Since that I’ve played the multiplayer a few more times, and I haven’t really had any other issues with it. What is most interesting to me is that during my flashback I had more vivid memories of the event than I did before it. My therapist today said that while it was likely difficult in some ways she is hoping that it can help me better remember the events after the explosion.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I've not stayed up til 4am playing a shooter so much since Battlefield 1942 days.

I need help.

Sincerely,

doomy
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

My brother still sees BattletweeteR appear occasionally in the BF4 server he plays in
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

did not enjoy it and did not play it very much at all but it is definitely a beautiful game
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

finally got around to playing this new one

its better than bf1 but i think this franchise is dead

taking spotting out of the game and having artists dictate how the maps are made is seriously no bueno
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:gong: :immediateresponsetothurberpost: :false:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR