I like these posters nasa had drawn up
titan :tup:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Re: humans should never be in space

Post by Geeheeb »

boo wants to put that one up in the house
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Image Certified Poster
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

I want Freddie Gibbs to rap on mars.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Somehow I only just saw this now. Funny stuff. I mean, obviously this was going to fail somehow, but that it's now turned into basically the equivalent of a scammy Kickstarter campaign is just... it's delicious.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

spacehamster wrote:
Somehow I only just saw this now. Funny stuff. I mean, obviously this was going to fail somehow, but that it's now turned into basically the equivalent of a scammy Kickstarter campaign is just... it's delicious.
I'm more concerned that there's a woman named Elmo.
Wank night's cancelled
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Barack Obama: America will take the giant leap to Mars :wank:

of course I'll enjoy seeing this stuff happen; doesn't mean it isn't fundamentally corrupt

Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Necrometer wrote:Barack Obama: America will take the giant leap to Mars :wank:

of course I'll enjoy seeing this stuff happen; doesn't mean it isn't fundamentally corrupt
ROSS ROSS ROSS,

you gotta go to this: http://arstechnica.com/science/2016/10/ ... -in-space/
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

whoa - good looking out

can't wait to see Annalee's smile turn upside down when I crush their colonialist dreams with impenetrable, well-reasoned argumentation...

Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

of course it's at a FALSE tiki bar (forbidden island & kona club are trve afaik)

seriously look at this shit:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Tiki Mars. I can see it now.
No Cunting Elves
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

All I give a fuck about at this point is the impending discovery of the Europan octopus
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

varg's sounding pretty anti-space here if anyone's still on the fence
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

these 7 new planets are guaranteed to be absolute shitholes compared to earth

want a paradise? stop humans from breeding like beasts and let our planet heal
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

👍
Image Certified Poster
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Necrometer wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 pm stop humans from breeding like beasts and let our planet heal
How does this actually happen though? Forced vasectomies at birth?
No Cunting Elves
postaddiction
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by postaddiction »

Honky Kong 64 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 7:44 am
Necrometer wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 10:08 pm stop humans from breeding like beasts and let our planet heal
How does this actually happen though? Forced vasectomies at birth?
Yeah, that's our best bet. Maybe not necessarily vasectomies, but humans should start sterile and gain reproductive rights for sure. How to make that work without it turning into the elite upper class eugenically eliminating brown people, I'm not sure. But this whole business of "everyone who wants kids can have as many kids as they want" really does not deserve to exist in our world, with the shape it has taken. Abortion obviously isn't the answer.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

couldn't say it much better myself, especially the eugenics part. brace for DEEP THOUGHTS ON RACE FROM A WHITE GUY: yes I'm totally uncomfortable with application of the typical paths toward social restriction of a "bad thing", which center around economic punishment, since this would take poor PoC in the US and not only reinforce their status as economic minorities, but force their numbers to dwindle. it'd be a total shit show. but the current situation also is, and (brace for edge) I really wish PoC could see that having a fuckload of kids in gnarly economic circumstances is going to keep them on the bottom, not allow them to breed their way to socioeconomic mobility. although I do like that white people's lead in the US population has been shrinking, has their superiority been threatened at all? no!

I'd like to be talked out of the belief that the 1% want the poorest people to breed like crazy because it's just more people to participate in an economy that thrives even if everyone has very little (or negative!), and that this is the true enemy of proper (i.e. non-abstinence-only) sex education being rolled out nationwide. does the south have the most fucked sex ed because of all the xians, or because of all the black people they're trying to keep in poverty?

I used to assume this logic applied to the abortion battle as well, but it turns out mostly rich white women get them. so either it's truly about loving cum that went into an egg, or it's about controlling women's bodies.

OF COURSE the first, real-world steps towards familial responsibility are improvement in sex ed, massive support for planned parenthood, and (if I may dream a little dream) a social shift towards shitting on anyone who thinks they're exceptional enough to have more than a couple kids.

trying to think if ANYONE on this board deserves shaming on that final point, but I feel like you guys are all pretty cool. to be clear I love kids and it would be really nice to have like 4 of my own, but that's a parallel universe to me at this point.

maybe you're only allowed to have more than one kid if you've moved to TRAPPIST-C already
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Necrometer wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:27 am OF COURSE the first, real-world steps towards familial responsibility are improvement in sex ed, massive support for planned parenthood, and (if I may dream a little dream) a social shift towards shitting on anyone who thinks they're exceptional enough to have more than a couple kids.
I feel this. Here's to hoping I can turn my two into productive members of society and not a couple of
worthless leeches. I'll report back in 15 years.
No Cunting Elves
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Education and empowerment of females worldwide is a good start
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

It was normal at one time. Not sure how you'd achieve it now, because it's wrapped up with a bunch of other issues.
Before the use of wet nurses or the discovery of contraceptive, human and nonhuman primate mothers were an a similar timetable, controlled by the feedback( loop between nursing infants and their mothers. Human mothers in most preindustrial societies still finish weaning their toddlers from the breast during their next pregnancy (nursing having already decreased enough to trigger the resumption of usual cycling). As in nonhuman primates, lactational amenorrhea is the only form of birth control available to nomadic !Kung San mothers--contraception on the hip"—and babies are born every 3 to 5 years. This interbirth interval is reinforced by cultural value, which are tied to the Kong economy. A woman could not gather food if she had to simultaneously carry and nurse two children un-der the age of 4. The !Kung expression "A woman who gives birth like an animal to one offspring after another has a permanent backache" emphasizes the culture's approval of a low fertility rate.
Image Certified Poster
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Remember that Hans Rosling (I think that's the guy) TED talk where he said Just industrialize and educate people, and they'll stop having so many kids?

At the time that came out, I was in a community college class that was teaching me that white people use 35 times more resources than Indian people.

So I'm not sure if that math works out in lord gaia's favor?
Image Certified Poster
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Geeheeb wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2017 11:37 am Education and empowerment of females worldwide is a good start
I started here and went right to forced vasectomies as a more viable alternative. Sad!
No Cunting Elves
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

TW