Danzig bringing the LOLs

Music posts are a bannable offense.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Re: Danzig bringing the LOLs

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:what's his name (original singer) was known for.
I don't recall, Scott and the last name was like the company from the Alien movies.

ANYWAY! You should have been there Freshman year in college, dude. Mike (Turbo) looked exactly like him. Same stupid hair dye, facial hair, and everything. Mike was in denial and would get pissed if anyone made the comparison, but the comparison was there to be made and marveled at.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Foot Foot wrote:Image
:lol:
Foot Foot wrote: 08 – “With A Girl Like You” (The Troggs cover)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I always thought it would be really cool if he put together a few crooning albums and called it a career (I think it was Chip or Geoff who said it would be cool to see Danzig get the American albums Johnny Cash treatment in his later years) but seeing how truly gracelessly he's aging -- sagging tits out for a disappointed Satan as he somehow sinks even deeper and deeper into self-parody -- I think I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the comedy instead of hoping in futility for some final long-shot stab at one last legitimately respectable album performance. Yeah, Glenn, we all believe that luded-out stripper on your album cover would have anything to do with a doll-haired (seriously, you spent more time photoshopping your hair than your wizened old teats) old grampa if you weren't paying her.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

She looks pretty old too, but some girls do enjoy saggy old man tits man.

lord works in mysterious ways.
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

Black Jacques wrote:sweet lord works in mysterious ways.
fixed.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Black Jacques wrote:some girls do enjoy saggy old man tits man.
:lol: :lol: :lol: No they do not
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Mine does luckily :beer:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Black Jacques
Sweet Lord _______

Post by Black Jacques »

Game set match.

Dick.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Danzig did probably fuck that woman, Riley.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

hipster holocaust wrote:Danzig did probably fuck that woman, Riley.
sig-worthy shit right here, if you're sig-inclined
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

sig heil
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Pisscubes wrote:At this point he's seriously only a few pizzas from having MY fucking physique. That's the most depressing fate for Danzig I can think of.
:stains:

c'mon man I bet you're a real charmer irl, the way you handle words is sure to impress the ladies no?
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Geoff is full of shit.

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
I actually had a dream about him last night :shock:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

THE KILL wrote:
Pisscubes wrote: the way you handle words is sure to impress the ladies no?
Yeah, but words don't have eyes... to see them pizza fueled man-ary glands.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:If Danzig rested his voice for a year or however long it would take for him to actually record a record organically without a billion takes and did something like what Cash did-- the sounds of one man an one guitar (for the most part) in a well mic'd, live-sounding room, I bet it would fucking kill.
Two reasons why that's never going to happen:

1) Based on the good to awful ratio at this point, I think we have to conclude good Danzig was a fluke. I say this as someone who loves the first three (hell, I'll even include IV) solo albums to death and will defend them tooth and nail in all their cheesy glory. I don't know how the good stuff happened, but it wasn't by design, and that's why he's never been able to replicate it.

2) Even if the raw talent was still there and you could get someone willing to work with him on a latter day Cash-type album, he'd never get out of his own way long enough to do it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
THE KILL wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:At this point he's seriously only a few pizzas from having MY fucking physique. That's the most depressing fate for Danzig I can think of.
:stains:

c'mon man I bet you're a real charmer irl, the way you handle words is sure to impress the ladies no?
Aww :lhug:

haha-- I didn't mean that necessarily having my physique is the worst thing that can happen to someone (though I am fucking overweight)-- I just mean that Danzig is supposed to be the evil, badass dude who from childhood/teenager years. Something awesome and mythical that, as RIley once said, can blast away 4 frost giants just by flexing an arm. He was supposed to end up.. like this :cry:
The Kingpin is a huge fat guy, and he's a pretty tough and evil super villain.
Introvert
7th Church of the Apocalyptic Lawnmower

Post by Introvert »

spacehamster wrote:
Pisscubes wrote:If Danzig rested his voice for a year or however long it would take for him to actually record a record organically without a billion takes and did something like what Cash did-- the sounds of one man an one guitar (for the most part) in a well mic'd, live-sounding room, I bet it would fucking kill.

1) Based on the good to awful ratio at this point, I think we have to conclude good Danzig was a fluke. I say this as someone who loves the first three (hell, I'll even include IV) solo albums to death and will defend them tooth and nail in all their cheesy glory. I don't know how the good stuff happened, but it wasn't by design, and that's why he's never been able to replicate it.

2) Even if the raw talent was still there and you could get someone willing to work with him on a latter day Cash-type album, he'd never get out of his own way long enough to do it.
Reason why #1 did happen and #2 won't - Rick Rubin
Friendly Goatus wrote:and stop being a dick to your cat
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Those pinch harmonics just gave me douche seizures but the "OH YEAH" at the end :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did the world really need another Black Sabbath cover ?

I don't hate this though (it's not great, but it's okayish)

and I would love to hear more like this

THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

The Bill wrote: The Kingpin is a huge fat guy, and he's a pretty tough and evil super villain.
Pisscubes seems to be neither evil nor super muscular...
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

THE KILL wrote:
The Bill wrote: The Kingpin is a huge fat guy, and he's a pretty tough and evil super villain.
Pisscubes seems to be neither evil nor super muscular...
Pisscubes was the Archie Bunker of the 90's until a magical hipster cat put a spell on him and turned him into Mr. Internet/Social Media Chatterbox.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

spacehamster wrote:

Danzig 1-4 were Rick Rubin - as was the American series which repopularized and ultimately defined Cash.

I am a huge Misfits fan, and I love Danzig more than almost any other entertainer. It is interesting to think though, what would Danzig be like if not for the Rubin interlude? The Misfits werent nearly as popular pre-89 as they were subsequently, and Samhain is almost like the Simarillion - existent fans only.

If you look as Rubins discography, and pay attention to the times at which he was involved with the career of whatever artist, you will see the true power of darkness. I am absolutely positive that he made some sort of Faustian pact - Danzig is probably his Anakin Skywalker.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Weird. I remember when 5 came out, everyone was talking about how the whole band had up and left and that was the reason the music was suddenly different (and shitty and trendy.) I never paid attention to who had produced this stuff.

But anyway, you couldn't get Danzig to admit in a million years that any of it wasn't 100% his doing, so he'll never go back to Rubin.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

Wait for it
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Is it just me, or does he actually seem to be developing a sense of humor about himself these days? I'm interested to see how he comes off on Portlandia.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
p4vl
Cause Of Death

Post by p4vl »

spacehamster wrote:

People just lose their mojo. Danzig's good to awful ratio is actually pretty high overall, considering he wrote all the Misfits and Samhain stuff (Jerry Only can contest Danzig's input all he wants; Danzig left the Misfits and hit the ground running with Samhain within a year, whereas the new-fits couldn't even get it together to put out an album of rehashes until the mid-90's).

I have a theory that most bands that start out playing in Standard tuning and later begin to tune much lower do so to obfuscate the fact that they are starting to suck and Danzig is proof. Danzig 1 & 2 - standard, 3, Thrall & 4 were in E flat, Danzig 6 was in B (Danzig V is tuned to oonce oonce oonce oonce) and that's where Danzig began to circle the drain rapidly.