The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by spacehamster »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:Both Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 came to PC.
... because they weren't published by Sony.
Dark Souls also immediately came out on PS3 and 360, it was never announced as a PS4 exclusive. There's zero reason to assume Bloodborne will go multi-platform after the fact.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:Both Dark Souls and Dark Souls 2 came to PC.
... because they weren't published by Sony.
You...

have a point

:oops:
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

yeah... it maybe will in the same way that maybe Uncharted, God of War, The Last of Us, Gran Turismo, etc, will be on PC at some point. (if Sony goes under and has to sell the rights to everything it owns and/or through emulation 10 years from now)

CONSOLE'S SUPREMACY'S
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

so there's absolutely zero chance that the division is anywhere near as good as its been presented right?
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

I'm still so fucking bummed it got pushed back almost two months :( I guess it was weird for Sony to release that and The Order like two weeks apart though. at least I'll get some quality time with Witcher 3 before jason's bloodsbourne hits.

p.s. The Order looks so boring.... I think it's gonna bomb hard.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

in non-pisscubes news:

i'm starting to warm up to the evil within a bit for sure, but i still don't love it
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:I liked it. I mean, it was super flawed and stupid in ways that Resident Evil fanboys have tried to claim were on purpose but it was decent fun.
do you remember how many times you died (pops up at the end)? I have no idea if I just really suck, but I probably haven't died 100+ in anything other than Souls games.

what'd you think of the 'twist,' if you can call it that? spoiler if necessary...

schwaiger, that's probably about as good as it gets (liking it but not loving it). it's a pretty unlovable game, but once you get used to the combat and start popping heads and lighting fools on fire it can be fun.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

The Evil Within is the worst goddamn shit ever and that's after playing it for 20 minutes so it must be fact.

hey let's make Resident Evil except terrible.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Pisscubes wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
It was all in Ruvek's head the whole time?
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
kind of... I interpreted it as him technically being in your head when you were in that Matrix-like chamber or whatever that was, but he put memories and what not from his head into your head.. or something. I don't fucking know :lol: I was hoping you could explain it more because it was weird and made little sense. I was pretty tanked too :oops:
schwaiger, if you're going to beat this thing, just pay attention to the story, preferably while sober, so you can explain what the hell happens :lol:
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Ho hum, back to Lord's of the Fallens tonight. With those three games coming down on me next week do I even want to bother to carry on. I don't want to revert back to not finishing games, but it really is just kind of a dopey Dark Souls clone, if I want this proper I should play Demon's Souls. It reminds me when I was a little kid I got all these He-Man figures, and it was awesome. Some time after my Greek neighbors got all these stupid knock-offs, but instead of He-Man and Skeletor, it was Hercules and Sinbad and that shit. When we'd play I just couldn't fathom why they were playing with this things that were more or less just like He-Man, but just seems to not get it and be kind of lame. Lord is Sinbad to Soul's He-Man. I'm not sure I want to keep playing with Perseus when Cobra Island, Omega Supreme, and WWF Wrestling Superstar Hulk Hogan (with FPS mode) are all coming out next week.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Thanks for making it easy for me, Lords of the Fallen. I didn't die, I wasn't cursed or anything, I didn't give it to anyone, but for no reason I'm magically missing two health vials. It works the same way as Dark Souls. I had read about a glitch that gets rid of luck, but the health vials? Unacceptable! Fuck this garbage. Will be sold back Monday. Good job shooting yourself in the foot, game.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

The GTX 970 is such an awesome card.

PC dudes might want to wait on Far Cry 4. The studio responsible for every shitty broken Ubisoft port (AC: Unity Assassin's Creed 3, Splinter Cell: Conviction etc) did the FC4 version. They sent console versions out for review early but the PC version isn't getting sent out for review until release day.

Ubisoft is now the worst publisher in the industry.
Last edited by Wang Mandu on Fri Nov 14, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

christ. i'll probably get it for ps4 at this rate. their pc ports are fucking abysmal
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Not sure why the switched to them. The main Far Cry team did the FC3 port and despite the usual minor launch issues, it ran pretty well.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The Bill wrote:Thanks for making it easy for me, Lords of the Fallen. I didn't die, I wasn't cursed or anything, I didn't give it to anyone, but for no reason I'm magically missing two health vials. It works the same way as Dark Souls. I had read about a glitch that gets rid of luck, but the health vials? Unacceptable! Fuck this garbage. Will be sold back Monday. Good job shooting yourself in the foot, game.

I hear ha mate - totally trading this in on maybe GTA V or Far Cry 4
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

well i'm getting gta and dragons' ages next week, so the evil within has precious little time

oh, and halo is close to being fixed (ugh). that shit is better than anything else anyways
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

False alarm on the shitty Far Cry 4 PC version? I only made it maybe halfway through FC3 and that felt enough. Looks like more of the same minus the douchey frat boy main character from 3. Ubisoft decides to make a Nepalese main character and a Hong Konger villain and then casts a bunch of crackers to do the voice overs. Where are all the gamer slacktivists now.

I should be able to start playing Dragon Age: Inquisition on Monday at midnight. :mastoman: I hope I have the self control to not pull an all nighter.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Your processor is fine. It's your video card that'll hold you back. You can get a GTX 970 for $330 and a free game right now. I have that card and the performance / price ratio is insane and it's really quiet.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Since we're on the subject anyway, what's the fastest GPU that makes sense with an i7-2600k? I'll need to upgrade when TW3 comes out.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

What's your budget and what resolution will you game at? Stick with Nvidia because they're working them on the fur tech and other features. The 970 is $330-400, the 980 is $550 and up.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Resolution is just 1080x1920, but I'm real picky about framerates. If I can't get something to run at 60fps, I might as well just get it on console. Budget is kind of secondary, but I also don't want to overspend on something that's going to end up being bottlenecked by the rest of my hardware.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

is it even possible to discern gradations in anything beyond 90 fps?
Google it. My name is "Varg Vikernes".

I have 8 children.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I don't think your cpu is going to be a bottleneck anytime soon. Go with a 970. It's not much weaker than a 980 and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

FVBTVS wrote:is it even possible to discern gradations in anything beyond 90 fps?
Some people say once you play a game at 120 fps, you'll never go back. Supposedly, it's even smoother than 60 fps but takes a lot of power and the right monitor to do it properly.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Wang Mandu wrote:I don't think your cpu is going to be a bottleneck anytime soon. Go with a 970. It's not much weaker than a 980 and it's a hell of a lot cheaper.
Okay, two more while I'm pestering you:

1) What are the odds of a significant price drop between now and Jan/Feb and

2) Any brands I need to stay away from?