Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by spacehamster »

Wonder Woman - 7/10

Succeeds where Snyder's own DC movies failed spectacularly in that it manages to tell a reasonably coherent story and make you care about its characters, but CGI action scenes haven't been this terrible in a long time, and that's not the only way it's all over the place stylistically. Easily the best DC movie since Nolan's Bat-trilogy ended, but that's not saying much, and I think people were too generous with it for that reason and because FEMSNISIMS.

Gal Gadot continues to be awesome as WW, though, and I hope they keep her around for a while.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

The Last Samurai - 5.5
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

jon wick sequel was total garbage
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

The Beguiled (2017) - 6.5
Eraserhead - 8.5
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

Halloween - 8
Halloween II - 5
Halloween III: Season of the Witch - 4
The Killing of a Sacred Deer - 8
Viy (1967) - 8
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

FVBTVS wrote: Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:43 pm jon wick sequel was total garbage
a lot of people seem to think this but I actually thought the fight scenes were a little stronger this time around. The blood and gore effects were better which led to everything feeling more visceral. but the story was even more retarded than the 1st, the villain was garbage, and the ending was really anticlimactic and stupid. the whole series is pretty overrated, in a world where the raid 2 exists both movies feel really tame to me.
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

Sorcerer - 9
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Liam Spengler wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:46 pm Sorcerer - 9
did you see it in a theatre?
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Joe Buck
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Joe Buck »

Pokemon - I choose you-- Kids gave it a 10.
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

FVBTVS wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:50 pm
Liam Spengler wrote: Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:46 pm Sorcerer - 9
did you see it in a theatre?
'fraid not

Caravaggio - 7
City of the Living Dead - 8
Tokyo Story - 9
Honky Kong 64
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by Honky Kong 64 »

Blade Runner 2049 - 7

Hoping the Director's Cut brings something more to the table.
No Cunting Elves
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Finally someone else gets it.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Joe Buck
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Joe Buck »

Cure for Wellness - 3
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

All Eyez On Me - 6
I Called Him Morgan - 7

The Killing Kind - 6.5
Okja - 8
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

District 9 - 10/10 A +++ every single time

I never want this fucking movie to end, and I always hold out hope that Bumpfkampfphe can make another film worth watching someday
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Are they gonna do d10 or did that get scrapped? I feel exactly how you do on d9. So God damn good
formerly ghost boner
Liam Spengler
git help.

Post by Liam Spengler »

Jack the Ripper (1976) - 6
Ed Gein - 5
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Nightbreed director's cut 6/10 I'd never seen any version of this before - watched the 2h cut - longer than the original (with ~40 min of added/different footage) but shorter than the full/cabal cut. a mess of a plot, and a waste of a solid menagerie of creatures. I love to think about danny elfman scoring this after batman and before edward scissorhands...
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

Deathgasm - 6/10
formerly ghost boner
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

the act of killing 8.5/10 this is an absolutely incredible documentary but I was expecting to be more horrified. shit is totally fascinating, but I guess it hit me in a distinct way. I kind of appreciated the sincerity of the people in power actual doing hands-on killing/abuse of political enemies, which is a far remove from the US system. I would have loved to know more about how the public in indonesia felt about things. the best glimpse we got was when the current general (?) was like "let's re-shoot this scene to be more in line with the propaganda version".
Chigurh
Throbbing Black Werebeast

Post by Chigurh »

"The Look of Silence" fills in some of those blanks
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Necrometer wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:22 pm Nightbreed director's cut 6/10 I'd never seen any version of this before - watched the 2h cut - longer than the original (with ~40 min of added/different footage) but shorter than the full/cabal cut. a mess of a plot, and a waste of a solid menagerie of creatures. I love to think about danny elfman scoring this after batman and before edward scissorhands...
I've still never seen Nightbreed. It's a funny film to be peripherally aware of - massive presence as a cult entity, but nobody really seems to think it's an extraordinarily good movie. People talk about Alien 3 like it had great potential that wasn't ever realized because of creative interference, in the sense that the 'good version' was never filmed; then similarly, you'll have Blade Runner or Superman 2 where the directors cut creates exceptionally signifigant changes in the product, just through rearrangement or inclusion of shit that went missing in the theatrical/original home release.

It's like the opositte of all the Lucas shit that makes Star Wars nerds go insane and yell at their dvd/blu ray shelves.

Nightbreed's cut material had some weird mythical quality to it, enough to keep people interested for like 25 fucking years. People were goddamn intrigued by the nonexistant version of the movie. Growing up I remember hardcore hip hop albums dropping references to stuff I knew was from Nightbreed, and Cradle of Filth made an entire album about it at the peak of their popularity back when jesus was a cunt and the twin towers still existed.

Catching all that from a distance, never having seen the thing, was absolutely bizarre because it wasn't anybody's beloved favorite movie. Everybody who ever spoke to me about Nightbreed generally thought it kinda sucked. The Thing, Dawn of the Dead, They Live, Repo Man, Videodrome, whatever - those are cult because they're great movies that simply don't have mass appeal. High quality shit that deal with material most people aren't interested in.

Clive Barker's relationship with media is weird as fuck. His writing is stellar - not in every case, but there's been a few books and novellas he's put out that I think are almost too good to be sheltered in the genre prison with Stephen King and Dean Koontz. The thing he's most famous for is shitty movies with good masks.

I can't really shit on Hellraiser too bad, there's a solid story in there that holds up pretty good... but Candyman is like a miraculously beautiful work of art that's usually only brought up in reference to slasher movies.

Then like every five years i'll notice that they're selling a new video game by putting Clive Barker's name on it

I need to go to bed I'm sorry I wrote all this and it's not anyone's responsibility to read it and Ross you can just post a picture of a cat or something its all good homie
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

:tup: :tup: :tup:

I'll give you temporary satisfaction - not a cat pic but instead a very tired mark kermode:

I'll definitely get you a response but for now #1 priority is posting that video. I just watched it at a bar with headphones because apparently my favorite thing in the world is massive budget DC train wrecks accumulating atop one another in slow motion. the internet is convinced that WW made bank because of a "feminist zeitgeist" :lol:
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Valerian and the Thousand whatever

Just absolutely fucking pitiful. I've skipped cut scenes in video games that were more engaging.

The only enjoyment I got out of this was that Valerian sounded exactly like Keanu Reeves so sometimes he'd be talking on a radio or whatever and I'd picture Keanu and laugh.

That's it. That's the closest they got to a redeeming quality.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I left the theater when those two got stranded in the cave and I felt like they were about to start talking a bunch - was that a turning point for the worse like I suspected?

the VR market heist sequence was pretty cool IMO, and I generally enjoyed the fifth-element vibes, but overall what an unlikeable set of characters...

good call on the keanu angle. that actor was the worst!