A little dose of Louis CK for ya...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Re: A little dose of Louis CK for ya...

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

It's definitely a moral panic and the process of crucifixion is definitely moving way too quickly, which is super dangerous. There hasn't been a case yet where I felt as though an innocent person had been wrongly accused, though. Talking celebrities not civilians of course.

I'm curious to see what happens with Louis. I haven't read all of this exhaustively, but it seems as though he asked for consent in at least some of these cases, and that all of it happened before he was terribly successful or powerful.

Zero apologism, some of these stories (if true) absolutely qualify as sexual assault and I wouldn't mitigate that by comparing it to worse cases like Spacey or Weinstein. I am curious how the difference changes the narrative in the court of public opinion, though.

And hopefully real court, because this should go to trial if we want to maintain some sort of distinction between rapists and witches. It can't just become a muscular reflex where you lose your career and reputation as a human because of Twitter without any legal proceedings at all.

I hope I don't regret writing this in a week...
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Could brilliant, culturally significant perverts function WITHOUT raping anyone or assaulting children?

We could come up with an Escape from New York solution where a massive studio complex is built on an isolated island somewhere, and Jewish sexual fucks like Woody Allen, Jimmy Page, Cosby, Bowie, Louis etc could create life-changing art without access to any pool of victims.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

james you have a mis-phrased sentence on the bottom of the last page and it's corrected in the post atop this page :idea: :tup:

what you and mike are saying is spot-on, this stuff is not simple or straightforward and it's definitely weird that IRL people are getting unwanted kisses/touches from their boss for a decade and they tell HR a bunch of times and nothing happens (and that IS the narrative for so many people) and now we have a bunch of chicks who watched a dude beat of or sometimes got to opt out and now that dude's career is severely crippled. part of me wants to say "this is a social/cultural problem, so it's fine to have social/cultural repercussions" but that only works for high-profile people. this approach doesn't trickle down, so even if it's a fine outcome in isolation, I don't like that it isn't applicable to the thousands of other people who have to put up with the same horseshit but don't have the NYT begging them for cooperation on an expose to out their no-name supervisor.
louis ck wrote:I want to address the stories told to the New York Times by five women named Abby, Rebecca, Dana, Julia who felt able to name themselves and one who did not.
These stories are true. At the time, I said to myself that what I did was okay because I never showed a woman my dick without asking first, which is also true. But what I learned later in life, too late, is that when you have power over another person, asking them to look at your dick isn't a question. It's a predicament for them. The power I had over these women is that they admired me. And I wielded that power irresponsibly.
I have been remorseful of my actions. And I've tried to learn from them. And run from them. Now I'm aware of the extent of the impact of my actions. I learned yesterday the extent to which I left these women who admired me feeling badly about themselves and cautious around other men who would never have put them in that position.
I also took advantage of the fact that I was widely admired in my and their community, which disabled them from sharing their story and brought hardship to them when they tried because people who look up to me didn't want to hear it. I didn't think that I was doing any of that because my position allowed me not to think about it.
There is nothing about this that I forgive myself for. And I have to reconcile it with who I am. Which is nothing compared to the task I left them with.
I wish I had reacted to their admiration of me by being a good example to them as a man and given them some guidance as a comedian, including because I admired their work.
The hardest regret to live with is what you've done to hurt someone else. And I can hardly wrap my head around the scope of hurt I brought on them. I'd be remiss to exclude the hurt that I've brought on people who I work with and have worked with who's [sic] professional and personal lives have been impacted by all of this, including projects currently in production: the cast and crew of 'Better Things,' 'Baskets,' 'The Cops,' 'One Mississippi,' and 'I Love You Daddy.' I deeply regret that this has brought negative attention to my manager Dave Becky who only tried to mediate a situation that I caused. I've brought anguish and hardship to the people at FX who have given me so much The Orchard who took a chance on my movie and every other entity that has bet on me through the years.
I've brought pain to my family, my friends, my children and their mother. I have spent my long and lucky career talking and saying anything I want. I will now step back and take a long time to listen.
Thank you for reading.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Just came here to post that statement. I guess it's pretty good, considering. There isn't really much anyone can say in that situation that isn't going to somehow come across as douchey and self-righteous, but he got about as close to saying the right thing as he possibly could have.

Or maybe I just want to see it that way because I really, really like his work. I dunno.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

zombiehead wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:25 pm Image
Is this picture new...
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

No you queer fuck
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

meh.

comparing this to Weinstien and/or Spacey is like comparing a treehouse that swelled up after a heavy rainstorm to 9/11
Last edited by Foot Foot on Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

I'd say it's more like Fukushima and Chernobyl.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Obviously I have a big problem with someone who asks for permission to perform a sexual act, is refused, then does it anyway. Grossly unacceptable.

This "position of power" explanation as sexual assault with the women who agreed to it is a bridge too far for me, though.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I think nobody is claiming it's assault ? edit: james did; looks like your feud must continue

I saw people say that the blowback was a form of "kink shaming" :lol:
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Leon Wieseltier is pronounced Weasel-Tier :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I've seen people claiming it's full-on rape

I dunno, doesn't quite meet the description I have
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

yeah that's dumb

the weirdest shit I've seen is all the e-comments along the lines of "yeah well who cares if they were coworkers, office romances happen all the time" as if the way they begin is having a workplace public masturbator catch your eye

shit riley I just realized your coworkers all saw your ballz without your consent once :brokenheart:
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 pmLeon Wieseltier is pronounced Weasel-Tier :lol:
I was thinking about this too (and feeling bad about myself for it) :tup2:
Joe Buck
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Joe Buck »

If you don't get cum on her, it's not assault.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

He did film that scene for his tv show where he ambiguously(?) rapes his girl friend.
In some in production moving theres a jerk-off-in-front-of-unsuspecting-women scene?
Image Certified Poster
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

riley-o wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 pm I've seen people claiming it's full-on rape

i saw someone on Twitter refer to it as an "atrocity". ive always associated that word with things like the holocaust and slavery, so to me it seems , uh, a bit over the top to use it in reference to a guy jerking off in front of some women, but maybe I'm the one who's been using the word wrong.

it has colored my view of somethings. that masturbation episode of Louie feels kind of slimy now, almost like he was rubbing peoples faces in it.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

he's a slimy jew

equivocate for your kind bc you used to enjoy his ''comedy''
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

hyperviolence wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:08 pm
riley-o wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:44 pm I've seen people claiming it's full-on rape

i saw someone on Twitter refer to it as an "atrocity". ive always associated that word with things like the holocaust [Citation Needed]

Chad wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:18 pm he's a slimy jew

equivocate for your kind bc you used to enjoy his ''comedy''
This.
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Louis CK = unfunny chickenshit asshole. "Comedy" for last men...
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

but aren't kids such assholes right?

I mean kids are redhead kikes, right?

the only comedy this fuck made was me imagining him reflecting on a lost career
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

:wank:
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Do you guys ever dislike people for what they do instead of who they are :lol:
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

he was never funny and riley's a cunt even though I gave sincere apologies
Last edited by Chad on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I’m a cunt ? Okay

Remind me which of us leapt to insulting the other’s wife and then let me know which of us is the cunt, kike, faggot

And go on to remind me which of us regularly deletes their posts and then let me know which of us is the bloodline-pure, indisputable coward

You fucking gimmick