The New Unstoppable MMA Thread!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Re: The New Unstoppable MMA Thread!

Post by FVBTVS »

stipe's cool and all but francis ngannou taking his life in a sacrificial slaughter seems like the only truly poetic option left for this once great nation..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote: Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:25 am stipe's cool and all but francis ngannou taking his life in a sacrificial slaughter seems like the only truly poetic option left for this once great nation..
Knocking out Overeem is hardly a feather in anyone's cap anymore at this point, though.

I still think it's pretty funny how Overeem basically looks like in his LHW days again, btw.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

While Overeem is chinny and has always been, that uppercut would have knocked the moon out of orbit if it landed there.

Everyone’s geeking over Yancy/Oliveira and it was a super fun, ridiculous fight, but more in the vein of Griffin/Bonnar where two guys are somewhat artlessly swinging at each other. Gaethje/Alvarez was my fight of the year. Brutal and grueling, but worlds more strategic and technical, with shifting gameplans and heart for days.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Yeeeaah I'm not convinced that Ngannou will ko Stipe just like that... the man hits hard, no doubt, but who has he fought really? Looking forward to a heavy-weight match for the first time in a long time though

Aldo looked great, Holloway's chin is indestructable. Would have been interesting to see how he deals with a fucked up leg...

I know it's never going to happen, but seeing a McGregor-Holloway rematch would be darn great
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

There’s no guarantee he lands like that on Stipe, sure, and let’s be clear that I never said him beating Stipe is a foregone conclusion. What I’m saying is that if he lands that cleanly on anyone, he wins.

“Who has he fought really ?” Is just a laughably idiotic question though. Uh, the #1 ranked HW ? Three days ago ?
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Mate, go have your blood pressure checked. I don't know why you react so aggressively/ defensively every opportunity you get, but it's annoying and sucks the fun out of interacting with you. Which is a shame, because you're obviously a very witty and knowledgeable guy. My comment that I wasn't convinced that him beating Stipe is a foregone conclusion was directed at Mike, nowhere did I say that you're convinced that Ngannou will surely win. Overeem has beat a lot of high level guys lately, but beating one good dude, even if it's in such devastating fashion, does not automatically make you invincible. Looking forward to being proven wrong, though.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Dude I just had it checked, I was in optimal range ! I couldn’t believe it !

You made a dumb comment. I’ve made plenty too. Don’t take it so hard.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

well you're an athletic guy and a vegetarian, too, if I remember correctly, so no real surprise there... good for you, mate

Was incredibly sorry to see Cub Swanson, who is always amazing, lose his last UFC fight in this fashion. SO wish he'd get another shot at Jose Aldo... time to check out this Ortega guy's other fights!
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

So what are your predictions for UFC 219? Here's mine, based on absolutely nothing but gut feeling:

Holm VS Cyborg - decision Cyborg
Khabib VS Barboza - Khabib tko's Edson in the third round
Condit VS Magny - Condit fucks Magny up in the second

It's a pity the Condit Woodley rematch is never going to happen...
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

aaand now it's even less likely to happen. Condit looked off, if I hadn't known that he is an absolutely amazing fighter I wouldn't have guessed. Maybe they could let him fuck Colby Covington up, but that asshole would probably be so scared of Condit that he would (successfully) wrestle Condit for three rounds straight...

Khabib was fucking sensational. No way in hell McGregor will fight him. I don't see Tony winning against Khabib, either. What a fucking animal, can't wait to see him fight again.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Robbie just lost his last fight too, I could honestly see them making that rematch for a co-main on a fight night.

Man, Khabib gets takedowns off of just one underhook. Like you can’t even be in a pummel position with the guy. It’s absurd. His ground and pound combined with his passing is getting tighter and tighter too. He’s a pleasure to watch. It’ll be fascinating to see Tony try to deal with that with his guard work and leg lock game.
Joe Buck
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Joe Buck »

Has Bryan Carraway hung himself yet?
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

riley-o wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2018 2:56 pm Robbie just lost his last fight too, I could honestly see them making that rematch for a co-main on a fight night.
Yeah but Robbie lost a title contention match. Condit got tapped out in the first round of the Maia fight, didn't fight in forever and now lost a relatively boring match. I hope you're right of course... It's funny, Condit is the only fighter whose fights I get emotionally invested in. The guy has a special place in my heart, but I have the feeling MMA has moved on and he's lagging behind... apparently, he was going to quit for real but returned because he doesn't have any other career options, which sounds bleak as fuck.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

cormier beats stipe
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:44 pm cormier beats stipe
It's such a no-brainer. DC wants to retire a year from now anyway, so he could beat Stipe, defend that belt maybe once and then vacate before Velasquez is back in title contention. He'll be the only simultaneous two-division champ who actually defended his belts. Nobody'll care anymore that it was only because Jon Jones couldn't stop tripping over his own stupidity and he'll get to thumb his nose at Conor McGregor for all eternity.

Shit, now I've talked myself into really wanting this to happen.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Damn, you're right...
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

spacehamster wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:35 pm Shit, now I've talked myself into really wanting this to happen.
Well then it's your lucky day

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/26/1 ... at-ufc-226
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:41 pm
spacehamster wrote: Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:35 pm Shit, now I've talked myself into really wanting this to happen.
Well then it's your lucky day

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/1/26/1 ... at-ufc-226
With a TUF season before it. What year is this? Jesus fuck.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Haha dude for real. Undercard is going to be Griffin/Bonnar III.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

my erstwhile MMA fandom is still paying dividends - Chuck Liddell will be on Celebrity Big Brother (my otherwise non-retarded sweaty is a nerd for that show)
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote: Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:59 pm Haha dude for real. Undercard is going to be Griffin/Bonnar III.
Shhhh. Don't Candyman that shit into reality, man. :fp:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

...and Honda moves to rasslin'. I'll never understand you Americans.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yoel romero is a fucking nightmare :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Makes Whitaker’s first win look even better now I reckon
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Wasn't surprised to see Rockhold getting knocked out. His boxing defense has been shown to be shit again and again in the past; even Bisping knocked him out.