The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Re: The Walking Dead (now it starts)

Post by doomeddisciple »

Really? I thought her "little bird" act and issues with killing people is more to do with maintaining some humanity whilst going on night time eye stabbing manouvres?

Bill, my missus couldn't stand big red and both she and yourself should be satisfied with her particularly brutal demise.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

BUT I LIKED FAT GIRL A LOT AND SHE'S A GOOD ACTOR WHYYYYYYYYYY

fucking kill ROSITA
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

episode was sorta, maybe redeemed (a little bit) in the last 10 minutes, but show needs to never do another supply run episode where the characters look at sad things in abandoned buildings EVER AGAIN.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

FVBTVS wrote:BUT I LIKED FAT GIRL A LOT AND SHE'S A GOOD ACTOR WHYYYYYYYYYY

fucking kill ROSITA
SHE WAS THE worst THING EVER ON THE SHOW

NO MORE WIMPY NERDS ON A PATH TO SELF DISCOVERY IN A TOUGH NEW WORLD

JESUS GUY IS GOING TO BE MEME MESSIAH TO FAGGOT COMMUNITY COLLEFE GAMESTOP TRENCHCOAT 100%

He can do FLIPS and infiltrate using slight of hand, my hair is long but GPA is looooow

fingerless gloves fit well in palm
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

The really good thing about the episode was Dwight came into it.

Abraham's line about knowing how to bite a D was also hilarious.

I guess it's not spoilery when things have happened on the show but I was expecting that to happen to Abraham tonight as that's about where and when it happened in the comics.

For comic book readers
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
Given that Denise is dead now, I expect black dreads dude to be part of Negan's camp barricade of zombies and Tara to be one of his sex slaves
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Eight Bit Alien wrote:
FVBTVS wrote:BUT I LIKED FAT GIRL A LOT AND SHE'S A GOOD ACTOR WHYYYYYYYYYY

fucking kill ROSITA
SHE WAS THE worst THING EVER ON THE SHOW

NO MORE WIMPY NERDS ON A PATH TO SELF DISCOVERY IN A TOUGH NEW WORLD

JESUS GUY IS GOING TO BE MEME MESSIAH TO FAGGOT COMMUNITY COLLEFE GAMESTOP TRENCHCOAT 100%

He can do FLIPS and infiltrate using slight of hand, my hair is long but GPA is looooow

fingerless gloves fit well in palm
yeah i didnt like the direction they took her in there but she's a fantastic actor for the caliber of that show and she stood out. for being a disposable character with dumb low self esteem and a wimp she was not annoying in the slightest and elevated the writing.

re:jesus :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

How are you going to rag on Shane/Punisher then say you liked the Soda Dumpling? I yelled at the screen when I saw it was her that was cataloging the food. Are you kidding? How is some one in a post apocalyptic setting in a community low on food supporting that girth? By stealing other people's food is how. Oh hell NO!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

The Bill wrote:How are you going to rag on Shane/Punisher then say you liked the Soda Dumpling? I yelled at the screen when I saw it was her that was cataloging the food. Are you kidding? How is some one in a post apocalyptic setting in a community low on food supporting that girth? By stealing other people's food is how. Oh hell NO!
:lol: fuck shane!!

shane/punisher actor is a hack and a mug. a one speed bike at best. i think that hbo show about housing discrimination with oscar isaac was shot through the second he showed up trying to act like he knows whats up..
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

Punishaner has been by far the best version of that character I've seen out of Dolph Lundgren, Titus Pullo and the other guy.

Love the food theory Bill :lol:
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

is someone going to get kidnapped every episode now?
Image Certified Poster
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

what a fucking unbelievable copout :lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

HAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol:

totally pathetic. show's writing in season 6 completely went off the rails. i don't think it can come back (to borrow a fucking trite phrase they used like 50 times over the last few seasons)
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

That was terrible.

+1 for having Trevor from GTAV, -1,000,000 for everything else.

What I've realized recently is that the main problem with the show is that Kirkman is a talentless hack. I tried reading the first dozen or so issues of the comic and I was appalled at how hackneyed and shitty it was. Terrible looking tablet/photoshop artwork, horrible writing, and generally just dumb, dumb, dumb. I'm surprised at what a decent production Darabont was able to throw together given how horrible the source material is, they should have just let him develop his own original zombie show instead of adapting Kirkman's bullshit. It's not like there are any elements in the Walking Dead universe that are so wildly original that differentiates it from any other random zombie property.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

As usual, I loved it. Shut up comic knowers for 6 months of second guessing their knowing things. Love it.

Negan was superb. Superb.

'Any other zombie property' that's a big call - compared to Z Nation this is the godfather. Even though Rick constantly makes the dumbest decisions even in the context of a zombie holocaust, even though the acting covers everything from college drama hack to ok, even with the stupidest car falling off a bridge in the history of physics - it's that it's close enough to a real show with a story and characters - however flawed - that raise it above the best of the genre into being good ENOUGH.

And that ending will be an all time season cliff hanger that will go down for the 15 million people that watch it every week as the JR got shot moment.

And I know I'm right cause this is 78 pages of people saying how shit this show is and yet nearly all of you still watch it.

Robert Kirkman the TV troll. Has another Dead show starting up next week, Outcast in June and this again in October. He's winning, and you'll be back next season to shit on it again.

Good times, bitchnuts.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

And who says horses can't stealthily creep up on a gun wielding psycho, ninja horses of the zombie apocalypse
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

What is it about the mythology and zombie characteristics of the Walking Dead that make this world and these zombies any more interesting than any other zombie thing since Romero?

I'm starting a ph.d. program in the fall so I'm gonna have to cut back a shitload of TV watching, and since the past 12 or so episodes have been an insufferable chore to get through Walking Dead is definitely off my fall schedule.

Z Nation > The Walking Dead

Because A) Z Nation's plot has a natural endpoint and won't be an eternal quagmire until it's cancelled and B) The tone of Z Nation is more reminiscent of Xena: Warrior Princess than some pretentious premium cable prestige show. Granted, I've only seen the first 8 episodes of Z Nation, but compared to post-Darabont WD, they're actually fun.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

In what's coming up - the Whisperers and the eminent war ahead is gonna be rad I reckon.

I would actually say World War Z the book and audio book before Brad Pitt fucked it in the ass was my favourite non Romero zombie thing.

I didn't mind Day by Day Armageddon either til the end of the second book and third book.

TWD has an end point in the comic according to Kirkman. I've also read that is around 300 issues so we're half way in comic terms and there's a tonne of killer shit to do in between Ricks questionable decision making at best interludes.

That said - on someone's point before about Kirkmans writing - Ezekiel is coming in a while and that is one of the sillier things, and worst characters in the comic for me.

But overall killer shit ahead.

It's taken 6 seasons to get to #100 of the comic and there's always something to look forward too in the show from the comic that kept me going through the first half of season 2 or some of the slower episodes at the start of season 6.

TWD production values destroy Z Nation - the face peel with Carol in the finale is a good example. If you're going to have questionable story lines and plots, you need first class gags and TWD has them.

Anyway I have a feeling Eugene bought it from Negan due to the Abraham touching moment and the bullet recipe for Rick.
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

If this is true it's even more inexcusable that the show is so slow, drawn out and boring. Are they planning 18 seasons of this shit?

The action set pieces, production design and make up is generally well done, and I like it when they double down on the B-movie roots with vintage synths and stuff, they should just fully embrace the pulp because when they are trying to do drama, character study and plot it's just frustratingly bad in a really boring way. But I suppose that's in keeping in with a lot classic horror cinema, almost every horror movie is flat and boring with stupid characters making stupid decisions until you get to the good parts in the last 20 minutes.
Fuck...I'm Dave
git help.

Post by Fuck...I'm Dave »

I wasn't that into the plot point in the last episode where just about every main character gets into the same vehicle and drives away from Alexandria even though they're expecting an attack from The Saviors leaving the town guarded by the priest and a bunch of background actors.
Erik13
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Erik13 »

Fisrt post in thread and have a question guys...how is it that the walkers that are rotted and deteriorated have so much strength? Science says they should fall apart...
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Who cares?

Forget about this show and instead look forward to the new openly lesbian Xena: Warrior Princess revival.
the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

Erik13 wrote:Fisrt post in thread and have a question guys...how is it that the walkers that are rotted and deteriorated have so much strength? Science says they should fall apart...
What about living on a house boat... Why is everyone trapped in a forest...
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Everyone knew during the original run that Gabrielle and Xena were scissoring the fuck out of each other off screen every time the characters were together and periods of time were unaccounted for due to storytelling or editing
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I stopped watching this show for good right after the mid season break.

I'm going to guess that absolutely nothing happened since then, and....
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
they ended the bat scene on a cliffhanger, and they will drag it 3-4 episodes into the next season before the reveal.
I might be wrong, but history says I'm not.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels