The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:^ lol simulpost.
:tup: I'm halfway through 3 and played a little of 4. Doesn't matter because 5 is getting bought so hard. I hope enough people support it so Sega localizes Yakuza: Ishin for the PS4. Good work on Sony bringing this over. :o I still can't believe this is coming out and had given up all hope.

I can't quit Destiny. It's bad in so many ways yet I'll lose hours of time getting sucked into it. I'm an asshole.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

riley-o wrote: Dead Space 2 was great. I loved that one. Don't know if people were complaining about it but if they were they're cowardly homosexuals.
The reason I got it was actually because people on here said a few months ago that 2 was great and it wasn't until 3 that the series shit the bed.

I got an ass-ton of ridiculous weapons and armors available for free at the first store, which I guess was originally DLC? That was kinda weird. Other than that, it's really just DS1 with a graphics update so far, and the combat feels a bit tighter, but no less nerve-wracking. It doesn't quite have that claustrophobic, desolate feel of the first one, but it's close enough.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

spacehamster wrote:Injustice for the PS4 is free on PS+ right now. Having played it for about 20 minutes, I can safely say that free is the correct price.
The price probably just matches your skill level.
$$$$$ RaP GaME WiLL RaHMeR $$$$$
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

DR. THRAXX wrote:
spacehamster wrote:Injustice for the PS4 is free on PS+ right now. Having played it for about 20 minutes, I can safely say that free is the correct price.
Well, I guess I'll defer to your superior wisdom as the local fighting game expert if you're telling me this stuff actually comes together once you get your brain wrapped around it... I haven't been anywhere near seriously into fighting games since, I dunno, the late 90s.

The character designs are fucking horrifying, though, and the story mode makes Tekken look like Shakespeare.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

Fighting games always have shitty story lines. It has a pretty long story mode for a fighting game if you're into that.

I don't think Injustice is a good competitive fighting game, but the reasons for that are what I think actually makes it a fun game. The stage interactables, transitions, and dial a combo system.

If you're judging a fighting game of playing It by yourself and not against someone else, they will probably all suck.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

DR. THRAXX wrote:
:lol:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Let Us Help You
DO THE DEW!

Post by Let Us Help You »

DR. THRAXX wrote:Street fighter 5 on ps4 and pc only.....probably will buy a Ps4 now since I have no faith that the Pc version will be decent considering how awful Ultra SFIV on steamworks
It's confirmed to allow cross-platform matches though, so they're gonna have to get it right this time.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

that sounds like a total nightmare and it's in the hands of capcom, no less

i'm sorry for your loss
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
DR. THRAXX
Freakin Insane & Stuff..

Post by DR. THRAXX »

copstache wrote:that sounds like a total nightmare and it's in the hands of capcom, no less

i'm sorry for your loss
I have little hope for the cross platform play.

They ditched GFWL for Steamworks forntheorbpc netcode, and it is unplayable on the pc unless they drastically changed things.

There is no way Capcom gets that aspect working right away. Cross play will be a disaster if history has anything to say about it.
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Blair wrote:Oh, I wonder when the next time I'll be drugged, stripped of my gear, and have to escape capture AGAIN in fucking FC4.

Makes me appreciate how nonintrusive FC2 was.
Again?!?! Come on already...
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

God damn. I hate GTA, I really do. But this FPS mode has been so damn good. Amazing in fact. Well, out side of trying to land a motherfucking plane, oh mission skip, you know it and I don't feel bad. Outside of that shit, my GOTY and niggas will be hard pressed to top it years from now.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

CDPR wrote:Dear Gamers,
Ever since we started working on The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, we knew it would be an ambitious game. We wanted, and still aim, to give you an incredible experience, an epic adventure in a vast, completely open fantasy universe.

The sheer size and complexity of The Witcher, key features of the title, have had a decisive impact on production. Now, nearing the end of our work, we see many details that need to be corrected. When we release the most important game in our studio’s history, we must be absolutely sure that we did everything we could to limit any bugs to a level that will allow you to enjoy the game thoroughly.

With this in mind, we took another look at current workloads and what they mean for the team. Even though everyone is working at full speed, we concluded that we need another 12 weeks, so we are shifting the release date of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt to May 19th, 2015.

We owe you an apology. We set the release date too hastily. It’s a hard lesson, one to take to heart for the future. We know what we want to do to make Wild Hunt one of the best RPGs you will ever play. And we continue to work hard to achieve just that. So, we apologize and ask for your trust.
Thank you for the all support you show us on a daily basis. We truly do appreciate it. It has fueled us in our passion since the start and will continue to do so.

The Board of CD PROJEKT SA
I'm secretly relieved. If this game had come out in January, it would have ruined my life, but mid-May works perfectly for me. I'll basically not be working so I can just play the shit out of this baby.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:Good for them. Too many fucking broken games being released these days.
Exactly. I'm mildly concerned there's more going on here than they're admitting, but if the reason is just that they want to make sure the game's actually finished when it comes out, more power to them.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

I read about some supposed leaked studio info on GAF that's interesting... like the game looks nowhere near the way it did when they revealed it and it's not actually open world but discrete areas more like DA:I. the latter would be pretty big news if true since they've talked about the open world aspects a lot.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I'm glad it's moved back as well. I need more time before more new games come rolling down the hill. The cynic in me finds it very convenient how the new release date fits in at a nice distance between Bloodborne and Batman.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I'd rather play a complete game later than a broken game now.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

Spooky Apparition wrote:I read about some supposed leaked studio info on GAF that's interesting... like the game looks nowhere near the way it did when they revealed it and it's not actually open world but discrete areas more like DA:I. the latter would be pretty big news if true since they've talked about the open world aspects a lot.
I said in the game awards thread that the trailer they showed there looked WAY less impressive then the original trailer that was released. They're a good company so I have no doubt it will be a solid game but i wouldn't be surprised if there was some truth to that report
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I always take those insiders with a grain of salt. Most sound like disgruntled employees and if he would have stopped at saying the game isnt what people are hyping it up to be, I would believe him more. Instead he took jabs at their rep in the gaming community.

I don't care if the game is one gigantic area because in the books, the different areas are hundreds of miles apart. Also, I abused the fuck out of fast traveling in Skyrim because after awhile going from one end of the map to another is tedious. In DA:I, besides area to area, I hardly ever fast travel in one map. Delays are fine and I hope they get enough time for it to be relatively polished.

That VGA trailer.....did have some severe compression from Youtube. I downloaded a better quality version and it looks on par with what we have seen before. I am a little disappointed at the King of the Wild Hunt's redesign.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

fast travel is so :false:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Bethesda could start by designing their game worlds properly...
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

walk on home boy
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

ImageImageImage
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I can't combat Phil's wisdom :(
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

I've been sick the past few days, and ended up spending the afternoon completing the platinum in this game. It was so bad...yet impossible to put down.

ImageImageImage
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

I hear you can't play the weekly Destiny mission unless you get the DLC. Nothing, nada, zilch! That's pretty dickish. Glad I sold it back and even more glad that Bungie isn't in charge of Halo anymore.

Work's Christmas party Friday, so no GTA. I'd rather play GTA.