The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I was all ready to drop $70 on 60 packs for the Hearthstone expansion last night, but their payment system crashed. It looks like it's working now but I have to wait till tonight.

:ax: :ax: :ax: :ax: :ax: :ax: :ax: :ax: :ax: :ax:
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Pisscubes wrote:
The Bill wrote:I hear you can't play the weekly Destiny mission unless you get the DLC. Nothing, nada, zilch! That's pretty dickish. Glad I sold it back and even more glad that Bungie isn't in charge of Halo anymore.
:fp:

http://kotaku.com/destinys-weekly-strik ... 1668709133

Aren't those daily raid things one of the few things keeping people playing Destiny at all right now?
I'd imagine that's the case. All they had to do was have the DLC mission and just recycle one of the older weekly missions. To have nothing at all for the people that bought the original product is piss poor. I'm not one for government intervention in things but, with all these broken releases and shit like this lately their should be some sort of regulation in place. No one gives a fuck about rated M for Mature, but people would pay attention to B for shipped Broken.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Got my GTX-970 today. It's pretty goddamn bonertastic. The Witcher 2 runs at 60 FPS on max settings (minus "Ubersampling" and regular HDTV resolution, though) like it ain't no thang. Crysis 3... almost. Had to turn a few things off for the wide open areas. That investment was... worth it?
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

The boy has been playing Rayman Legends on his own lately. I help once in awhile. Game has really great music.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

I recently discovered the world of Japanese titty rhythm-cooking games. What will they think of next?

ImageImageImage
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

hm yeah i saw you had been playing that but decided to be a gentleman and not divulge your dirty secrets

pro-Senran Kagura

on a related note
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

copstache wrote:hm yeah i saw you had been playing that but decided to be a gentleman and not divulge your dirty secrets

pro-Senran Kagura

on a related note
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:tup: Hoping to do that too soon.
ImageImageImage
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
ImageImageImage
Blair
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Blair »

Diablo III or Shadows of Mordor?
Zerohero wrote:shooting cum on that hot chick that is my altar.
doubleblumpkin wrote:Guess who's riding a pig through the jungle 8)
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Blair wrote:Diablo III or Shadows of Mordor?
Both are great in their own way. I found myself more addicted to Mordor, but Diablo is world renowned as being pure crack cocaine. I finished Mordor, but they've since updated my game with 3 free DLC updates, adding all kinds of stuff. Diablo is super cool, but being that it's story is generic nonsense I see no rush in beating it. Just playing for loot here and there.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

milkmandan wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:lol: :lol: so.... how is it?

also, don't you have Driveclub? should check out the weather stuff with the new patch, it looks freaking crazy from the gifs I've seen.

Bill, your son has good taste. Rayman Origins is a god tier platformer and I've heard Legends is even better. got to check that out myself
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I vote Mordor. Good game.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

Spooky Apparition wrote:
milkmandan wrote:
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:lol: :lol: so.... how is it?

also, don't you have Driveclub? should check out the weather stuff with the new patch, it looks freaking crazy from the gifs I've seen.
Awful. The graphics are horrid. You run around doing quests w/ the tv show dudes, and picking up collectibles around the way. Some of the quests involve calling/shooting ducks, catching frogs, sneaking around MGS style, air boat racing, metal detecting, etc. You drive from quest to quest on this large map in a slow-ass camo truck. The quests are always spaced on opposite sides of the map, which makes it even more frustrating. I picked it up new at Best Buy during Cyber Monday for $12 (less than the trade-in value!) so i'm gonna grind the platinum and trade it in.

I haven't played Driveclub since launch week, but i'm eager to return to it now that the online is fixed. It's way better than The Crew (Don't buy The Crew).
ImageImageImage
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

doomeddisciple wrote:
I vote Mordor. Good game.
Same. Or both. I saw both new for ~$25 last week during the sales.
ImageImageImage
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Spooky Apparition wrote:

Bill, your son has good taste. Rayman Origins is a god tier platformer and I've heard Legends is even better. got to check that out myself
When he was younger he liked to just watch. I would play the usual suspects like Mario or Sonic, but it was Kirby and Rayman that clicked with him (this is good, since I think those two have the superior games in the present day). He's good at his iPad games, so I let him play Kirby's Epic Yard (you can't die in the game). He got good enough that I let him play Rayman Legends and Rayman 3. I don't think he likes 3, the 3D might still be too complicated, and the combat is wonky even for me. He's good at Legends though, so for Christmas he's getting Origins. I had Origins once, but sold it back to get Legends which IS better and has a bunch of the Origins levels as bonus stages. Really hope there will be a new Rayman game for the PS4/XB1.

Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

The Bill wrote:He's good at his iPad games, so I let him play Kirby's Epic Yard (you can't die in the game). He got good enough that I let him play Rayman Legends and Rayman 3.
reminds me of my GF's nephew, who's almost 6. he plays some iPad games, so at thanksgiving my GF and I decided to bring our SNES over to his house and let him have it for a while.

.... he REALLY couldn't get the hang of Donkey Kong Country for a long time. using a controller versus a touch screen was so alien to him that he got pretty frustrated. once I showed him the rhino in the first level he got more into it and he can beat a few levels now, but it seems like he still prefers iPad stuff. I might introduce him to that Plants Vs Zombies PS4 game that EA gave away this weekend and blow his mind.

speaking of kids playing games, thought this was an interesting read. https://medium.com/message/playing-with ... 226ff0a7c3 a dad introduced games to his kid, but he started with Pacman and started working his way chronically through the next game generations... now his kid's fucking awesome at games.
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

I have the retail PvZ: GW. It's fucking fun as hell. Very TF2 like.
ImageImageImage
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

FUCK
Last edited by Cryptoplasty on Thu Dec 11, 2014 10:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

*sigh*

Quick question for the PC Ubermenschen: is it possible that a new graphics card somehow fucks up the power supply enough to fry an SSD? Because I installed a GTX-970 two days ago, and today it looks like my SSD is dead. It's not because of any cables having been rattled loose, I replaced the power supply cable and it's still dead. It's the boot drive, so when I start up, I get boot device not found, and when I boot up from a recovery disk, it only finds the HD, but not the SSD. Since apparently SSDs just die like that sometimes, I'm guessing that's what happened, but given my ineptitude, it's a bit weird that it happens 48 hours after a major hardware upgrade.

Although if I understand what I found on Google correctly, SSDs basically croak after a certain number of rewrites, and it did install 10 Windows updates when I shut it down yesterday. So maybe that just killed it.

Thoughts? Should I just replace the SSD, or is it possible that I fucked something else up?

EDIT It's also kind of telling that the place I got the PC with this SSD in it from doesn't even have this particular brand (Corsair) of SSD listed anymore. Maybe they turned out to be unreliable?

EDIT II And in other observations, I noticed recently that the drive was almost full, which probably meant heavier rewrites when new drivers/updates installed.
Last edited by spacehamster on Thu Dec 11, 2014 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Could be dead. Try plugging it into a different SATA port in your MB if there is one available.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Corsair generally makes quality products.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Cryptoplasty wrote:Could be dead. Try plugging it into a different SATA port in your MB if there is one available.
That didn't do anything. Messing around in BIOS also didn't help. I guess it's dead. Oh well. At least this happened just before the weekend so I'll have time to replace it. Grumblegrumble.

Corsair or Intel? Anything else I need to pay attention to other than that it's SATA III like the old one?
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Last week I was in the mode to play Unreal. Today I want to play Psychonauts. Who the hell knows why, but the kicker here is that I actually didn't car for it all that much at the time. I found it sort of tedious and boring that I had to collect all that stuff. Was I being a dick? Has time clouded my mind? I never finished it. Should I? (I'd have to restart from scratch, and when I'd fit it in, I don't know) Hmm??
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

spacehamster wrote:
Cryptoplasty wrote:Could be dead. Try plugging it into a different SATA port in your MB if there is one available.
That didn't do anything. Messing around in BIOS also didn't help. I guess it's dead. Oh well. At least this happened just before the weekend so I'll have time to replace it. Grumblegrumble.

Corsair or Intel? Anything else I need to pay attention to other than that it's SATA III like the old one?
As long as it's SATA III you're fine.

I have a Samsung and I am very hard on it. I've had it for about a year with no issues.

The only reason I said Corsair makes good products is because they are well known for having the best power supplies and RAM. I can't say much about the SSDs.

You have to remember that this is still a fairly new thing in desktop PCs, and are known to fail....a lot. They're also still too expensive as far as $:size ratio goes, but it's worth it for gaming and booting windows in 5 seconds.

I would say OCZ, Samsung, Corsair, Plextor, Seagate, Western Digital.....one of those. Just don't get something cheap.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Cryptoplasty wrote: I have a Samsung and I am very hard on it. I've had it for about a year with no issues.
This one's been running for 2.5 years with zero issues until it just crapped out today, so I guess that's actually pretty good, and it's not like I've actually lost anything because of this failure, it's just kind of a nuisance.

Anyway, thanks, man. I'll just get the closest newer Corsair one tomorrow.