the NOT WORTH ITS OWN THREAD thread could be revived

Music posts are a bannable offense.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Re: the NOT WORTH ITS OWN THREAD thread could be revived

Post by hipster holocaust »

zombiehead wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:20 pm this is my favorite new youtube channel

I officially want to um-actually this prick off the planet

Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

hipster holocaust wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:07 pm
zombiehead wrote: Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:20 pm this is my favorite new youtube channel

I officially want to um-actually this prick off the planet

I like the video where he makes fun of the old lady who worked at Walmart for 18 years and still isn’t a manager. Then he acts like he’s really pwned her because she said Walmart makes billions a day with “they only make 495 million dollars a year” while he sits there in his fucking pac man shirt or whatever. A completely unlikeable pile of shit.
Ill body
/
Ill will
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

this dude got fucked up
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Uh what the fuck Germany?

https://www.rt.com/news/443662-german-a ... t-network/

Can anyone confirm this? It seems to be almost completely buried by the press and I don’t want the only source to be RT but if this report is accurate it sounds absolutely horrifying.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Joe Buck
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Joe Buck »

The holidays are a difficult time for a lot of us. If you’re struggling, you’re not alone

Trans Suicide Hotline
877-565-8860

Veterans Crisis Hotline
800-273-8255

Crisis Text Line

National Domestic Violence Hotline
800−799−7233
Jimm O' Lation
Kill Whitey

Post by Jimm O' Lation »

FVBTVS wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:32 pm

this dude got fucked up
FUCK

that man is badass.
Jimm O' Lation
Kill Whitey

Post by Jimm O' Lation »

cxwx wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:28 pm Uh what the fuck Germany?

Can anyone confirm this? It seems to be almost completely buried by the press and I don’t want the only source to be RT but if this report is accurate it sounds absolutely horrifying.

oh man it's going to happen any day now! just wait and see, phonefocc.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Jimm O' Lation wrote: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:35 am
cxwx wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:28 pm Uh what the fuck Germany?

oh man it's going to happen any day now! just wait and see, phonefocc.
If it does hopefully you’re the first one stuffed in an oven.
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

I just realized that Heeb’s avatar is David Koresh.
Ill body
/
Ill will
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

cxwx wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:31 pm
I like the video where he makes fun of the old lady who worked at Walmart for 18 years and still isn’t a manager. Then he acts like he’s really pwned her because she said Walmart makes billions a day with “they only make 495 million dollars a year” while he sits there in his fucking pac man shirt or whatever. A completely unlikeable pile of shit.
:lol: :lol: no surprise at all you strongly identify with this shit. After all, they're fat old retards who wasted their lives so basically the spitting image of you.

:lol:
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

MeatGrease wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:59 pm
:lol: :lol: no surprise at all you strongly identify with this shit. After all, they're fat old retards who wasted their lives so basically the spitting image of you.

Lord knows, he'll never be held in the same high-esteem as a trail-fixin; secret gay.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Glub wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Lord knows, he'll never be held in the same high-esteem as a trail-fixin; secret gay.
Maybe one day he can be a balloon head with a stupid fucking YouTube channel. It works for dragon lord Frodo and jofa. Come on menschgrease. Get that google check.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

deverning

and then deleting my argument as a form of self-care i guess whatever
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

cxwx wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:19 pm
Glub wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 9:10 pm

Maybe one day he can be a balloon head with a stupid fucking YouTube channel. It works for dragon lord Frodo and jofa. Come on menschgrease. Get that google check.
What are the chances that a recently adolescent nerd who harbors cartoonish fantasies of being a noble warrior-priest Germanic Chieftain doesn't have a constantly updated YouTube channel?
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

a piece of Dead's skull for sale
http://serialkillersink.net/skistore/%C ... gment.html :shock:

probably would've been smarter to sell this AFTER the movie comes out?
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

some chinese scientist modified the genome of a couple of embryos and the resulting twin baby girls were just born. he did this in defiance of basically every current ethical guideline and the worst part is that the change he made - removing a protein that makes you immune to HIV - is probably doing more harm than good since it increases susceptibility to west nile and influenza. now the guy is at some worldwide conference on tweaking the human genome and he's just getting ROASTED by the community. apparently he's a physicist by training and doesn't seem to have a clue what he's even done or why.

long story short humanity just took another step towards brave new world stuff and it's all thanks to a dummy.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

isn't uh, that basically the business model of all new tech companies (in the united states)? i mean apart from ones that exist only to burn VC

technological innovation -> profit model predicated on super dubious ethics -> performative ethical reflection -> double down on the bad thing when it's clear the regulatory state is 100% hands-off

the people that care about the ethics will care about the ethics; the people that care about money will care about money. there's no reconciling the two in any way except under pain of sovereign violence—which i am now unabashedly supporting. make CRISPR baby tinkering a class AAA super combo felony again!
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Why would he fuck with the genome to make someone at greater risk of disease ? Isn’t the benefit of altering genes was to make people super soldiers, and failing that, make them less susceptible to the illnesses and hardships passed along genetically ?

A thousand apologies if I’m totally misunderstanding this, as my expertise lies in the somewhat removed field of getting hit in the face
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

riley you're spot on. in this case they enrolled would-be-parent couples where the dad is HIV+, and I think this was just to have a sympathetic person who would find it SUPER IMPORTANT to have an HIV-immune kid. the consent procedure was a total sham and they didn't inform the parents of any of the potential risks/downsides LOL

andrew yeah I guess this is not that much of a break from uber in your framing system, but it's pretty novel to be making genetic changes using an imperfect molecular scalpel on an embryo... just to decrease the risk of getting a thing that is pretty readily avoided in places where genetic engineering is going on? this guy didn't do it for $$$ fwiw. I've heard of a few start-ups that were keen to make GATTACA babies but I feel like they bailed once they realized it would be a shit-show IRL. those efforts now take place via preimplantation genetic diagnosis, where they can get a bunch of embryos ready for IVF, genome sequence them, and then let the parents pick eye/hair color, skin tone, etc. before one gets popped in the over.

[side note: I find it unbelievable that you can take a proto-babby made of just 8 cells, pluck one out to destroy in the process of genome sequencing, and somehow the other 7 cells are like "oh, we need another cell apparently" and they just make another one. how the fuck?]

but yeah on the consequences front: we'll see what happens to this dude. IIRC china once executed their former FDA(equivalent) director for approving fake drugs. so maybe this guy's dead?

there's been tons of handwringing over everyone saying "OF COURSE china did this", but like... yes, of course china did this. that's just a reasonable expectation based on facts.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

hahaha actual excerpt from an article about the mad scientist guy trying to do crash-course in bioethics. from the tale of the bioethicist & unwitting mentor to a madman:
He made his thumb and forefinger nearly touch and asked, “You mean to tell me that something this small is as important as someone’s child?”
ahhh, the enviable luxury of never having to deal with a pro-life christian ever
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Necrometer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:14 pm there's been tons of handwringing over everyone saying "OF COURSE china did this", but like... yes, of course china did this. that's just a reasonable expectation based on facts.
Is there a "human rights v chinese medical science" thing going on, like the terrorim/islam perma-debate? Maybe I'm misreading what you posted I DONT KNOW
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:31 pm
Necrometer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:14 pm there's been tons of handwringing over everyone saying "OF COURSE china did this", but like... yes, of course china did this. that's just a reasonable expectation based on facts.
Is there a "human rights v chinese medical science" thing going on, like the terrorim/islam perma-debate? Maybe I'm misreading what you posted I DONT KNOW
If not now, there will be soon. We haven't really had a legit Asian target in quite some time if you don't count Trump's soft economic racism towards them.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Necrometer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:14 pm andrew yeah I guess this is not that much of a break from uber in your framing system, but it's pretty novel to be making genetic changes using an imperfect molecular scalpel on an embryo... just to decrease the risk of getting a thing that is pretty readily avoided in places where genetic engineering is going on? this guy didn't do it for $$$ fwiw. I've heard of a few start-ups that were keen to make GATTACA babies but I feel like they bailed once they realized it would be a shit-show IRL. those efforts now take place via preimplantation genetic diagnosis, where they can get a bunch of embryos ready for IVF, genome sequence them, and then let the parents pick eye/hair color, skin tone, etc. before one gets popped in the over.
more like popped in the ulver. less like that, actually

the genetic prescreens for IVF still have substantial false negative rates (friends of ours just had one where the result was the kind of doubleplus ungood chromosomal issue where it's destroy or wait for inevitable self-destruction, fucking heartbreaking man) which can break in one of two ways re: the future market of this shit. the first is yeah, avoid the blowback of being a boutique baby company when model 337 comes out with webbed lungs and a prehensile clit. the second is professionals, already delaying and freezing eggs to accrue enough capital to afford being a parent that is also an entrenched c-suite monster, who demand that their precious idiot son-to-be rohan have heterochromia and a fatal peanut allergy to build character
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:31 pm
Necrometer wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:14 pmthere's been tons of handwringing over everyone saying "OF COURSE china did this", but like... yes, of course china did this. that's just a reasonable expectation based on facts.
you are reading me right

I don't know that many medical horror details beyond vague steterotypes, but their science ethics are all sorts of fucked. most of it centers around the pressure to publish lots of papers in good journals. usually the papers get sent around to experts in the field, who say if the work is garbage or not, and you need a good review to get into a good journal. importantly, you can suggest your own reviewers. so in china when some shady scientist is suggesting reviewers they'll be like "please have bill nye read this - his email is billnye@aol.com" and often the editor will just send the review to that address when it's REALLY being sent to the reviewer's buddy or, more hilariously, someone at a company whose sole purpose is to write fake reviews!

sorry... that's not very juicy. embryos just aren't worth much there as evidenced by that borat-esque anecdote above, along with the apparently painless acceptance of the one-child policy, which exacerbated pressures to make sure a son resulted, in turn inspiring zillions of lady-babies being aborted because of their sex. for the last ~20 years there are about 7 boys born for every 6 girls. not that insane, but still...

there's not a lot of medical science atrocity going on before this recent gaffe, but I think the "compulsory doping for the olympics" backdrop gave people the impression that they're going to be ethically lax but also driven to do something first.

sorry this post sucks. maybe I am forgetting something!