The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by Cryptoplasty »

I would hang out with him, but I think he would be really intimidating in a one on one setting.
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

I really want to go to Hoodslam with Dan. preferably after a dozen drinks or so.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

I had an SSD crap out as well. I think the lifespan is usually less than 3 years. Mine also died after 2~2.5 years. If new hardware aka not enough psu power was the problem, the whole thing would be fried. The 970 is one of the lowest power consuming high end gpus ever.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, I can't really imagine that the power supply had anything to do with it, it's just this weird coincidence that I installed the new graphics card and 48 hours later the SSD dies, and the only logical connection I could think of is something to do with the power supply. Oh well. At least all this messing around in the guts of the PC means I'm learning stuff in case I want to build my next PC myself. Sigh.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Last year on this day (but not this date :stains: ) I beat the original Time Splitters. This would cause a subliminal snow ball to form in my mind that later caused me to by over 10 PS2 first person shooters. And I've only beaten one of them. Life is good.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Was anyone else not wowed by Wolfenstein ? I keep playing it and being like, okay great, another setpiece of the exact same thing, just a little more difficult.

Maybe I'm just not a stealth first person FPS shooter guy.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Origin is seriously the fucking worst thing ever.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

riley-o wrote:Was anyone else not wowed by Wolfenstein ? I keep playing it and being like, okay great, another setpiece of the exact same thing, just a little more difficult.

Maybe I'm just not a stealth first person FPS shooter guy.
i liked it a lot. it doesn't re-invent the wheel or anything but i had an enjoyable time. and i like how they put more than 5 minutes into a narrative.

i especially liked the
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
moon
levels. shit looks really cool.
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

spacehamster wrote:Origin is seriously the fucking worst thing ever.
obviously you haven't had to use U-Play
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

copstache wrote:
spacehamster wrote:Origin is seriously the fucking worst thing ever.
obviously you haven't had to use U-Play
Oh, I have. At least UPlay just randomly deletes your saves, not your entire library.

I've had to reinstall a lot of stuff because I needed to replace my SSD, and now my Origin library's empty. Apparently this is a common problem, but no amount of uninstalling and wiping every folder that has anything to do with Origin so far has done anything.

Also, Steam seems to have wiped all my saves too. At least the Dark Souls 2 saves are gone. Cloud saving lelz.

And my Witcher 2 saves from about 10 playthroughs were saved on the SSD.

Today is such an awesome day.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

:awesome:

So I swear this is true, I literally just spent like 40 minutes IMing with a guy called Ravi (I swear I SWEAR he said that was his name and he linked me to an Indian EA website at one point) from EA support, and it all culminated in manually having to scrub Origin from the registry to get a clean reinstall and the library working.

This sort of shit just makes you appreciate how good Steam is, I guess.

Except, y'know, when it loses your saves.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

.....cons....

...ole....

...supr...

ema...

....cy....
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Yeah, well... I really can't believe I'm the one making this argument, of all people, but if I've never spent several hours getting a console back up and running after a major component crapped out, it's because you just can't do that with a console. If it's dead, it's dead.

The only thing that really pisses me off is that my Steam saves are gone because I really don't understand why that happened. Well, that, and the fact that I'm a fucking moron and didn't back up my Witcher 2 saves. Everything's gone.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote: I thought all Steam saves were on their server? How could a hardware failure on your side fuck that up?
That's what I'm saying, man, I have no idea. It doesn't make any sense. And with Dark Souls 2, I'm 100% sure that cloud saving was on, and that it was always on. I may have turned it off temporarily for one or two other games in the past because I had problems with it, but I'm absolutely positive I never did with Dark Souls 2. It's just gone. I deleted the game locally, reinstalled it, and the save's gone.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I've already reinstalled Steam, the Steam installation was on the SSD that died. I'll fiddle around with it some more, I guess, but honestly, I'm guessing it's synched with what was on the HD and deleted the save from the server.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i want a fucking master chief collection for elder scrolls :evil:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Christ! I'm really starting to think that Half-Life 3 isn't just being kept secret, but just isn't being worked on at all.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

I hope they're prioritizing a much better series and working on Left 4 Dead 3 instead.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

L4D2 > HL2

other games play. L4D kills.
Last edited by Spooky Apparition on Sat Dec 13, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

HL2 was a fun diversion for 10 hours or so. L4D is a lifestyle.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

While we're at it. CS and TFC > HL.

HL was a good template with which to make better games.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

I'm not looking forward to that L4D hunting game, I would love another L4D game though.

HL2 was a great game but I didn't play it until the Orange Box on 360 - I enjoyed it, but I guess coming late to the game and playing a bunch of the games that benefited from the innovation HL spearheaded diluted the impact for me a bit. Fun game, but I loved the L4D series.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
milkmandan
GOLD MEMBER
GOLD MEMBER

Post by milkmandan »

I finished The Wolf Among Us today. I think I liked it more than Walking Dead Season 1. I haven't heard anything about a Season 2 yet, but I really hope it happens.
ImageImageImage
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Strange day. Mother-In law was sick so I had to leave early to get my daughter. I had 10 minutes to spare before leaving work & for whatever reason I made the desperate hunt to see if I could play NOLF & Undying with a controller. That pinnacle software was once again the only option. This time, though, it was on sale for only 4 bucks. Fuck it! I did it. Got home. Girl wants to watch Peppa Pig, so I started tinkering with the PC. After much tinkering and making sure it wasn't going explode, the old girl seems to run fine. Found my ancient wired 360 controller and it seems the it works fine. Now, I don't have time now to test it under combat, but if this shit works fine for FPS I'm a happy camper.