A little dose of Louis CK for ya...

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: A little dose of Louis CK for ya...

Post by Chad »

Last edited by Chad on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

hipster holocaust wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:03 amDo you guys ever dislike people for what they do instead of who they are :lol:
let's remember that chad denounced trump despite his top-notch genetics
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

i don't dislike riley...call him riles as some sort of boàrd endearment

I did wrong by his wife one time... Some dumb post... And in my apology I did not address her, but him.
Last edited by Chad on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

is nagging your wife into a handjob still rape though
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

Chad wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:59 am boàrd
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

if riley-o hits the bags long and hard enough, and at the right angles...

could he pass for steve-o's younger gymrat brother?
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

If Chad deletes every post he writes and sends out apology PMs for all of them, is he still a weak-willed craven parody, lacking the courage of his convictions ?
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

yeah whatever

no convictions
Last edited by Chad on Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Enough.
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
David Draiman's Chin pipes
Hella Evil & Shit
Location: A deployment of light among a careful clutter of angles, a hundred blurry highlights

Post by David Draiman's Chin pipes »

MeatGrease wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 7:40 pm Citation Needed

Here ya go
There's the life and there's the consumer event.
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

quite the impressive heel turn! (if we can even call it that)
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

yeah is it though? i think the real story here is that he's actually maybe badly damaged and in a bit of a creative backwater now and cant get out. shakespearean really

poetic!
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Ah, so that's what it looks like when someone records a comedy set and then Twitter gets a sandstorm in its collective vagina.

Anyway, I guess he's decided to rewrite Bill Maher's stuff from three years ago now or something. Other than that, it's pretty typical CK stuff.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

spacehamster wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:22 amit's pretty typical CK stuff
really? I don't remember him doing any stuff that seemed as explicitly right wing (or anti-progressive). I guess my peak interest was around 2009-2014 so who knows what I've missed

last time I saw him live the most offensive thing was the audience laughing - almost pre-emptively - as if EVERYTHING was a joke. dude would get a bit dark or introspective and they'd be DYING. so it's probably these same idiot die-hards that are now giving him a braindead pass on lazy transphobia.

DIFFERENT TOPIC - is there any thoughtful/academic/intellectual work on comedy and its sociopolitical power? I'd love something modern so it can cover the whole "it's just funny memes, doesn't mean anything" epoch that bolstered trump and seduced poor simpleton fantano
Foot Foot

Post by Foot Foot »

i'm enjoying watching all these alt-right suckjobs who delighted in phase 1 of Louis CK's downfall suddenly become hyper-defensive fans of his work cause he's dunking on transgender people and mass shooting survivors.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

the CK material that leaked isn't bad because of its subject matter—there exist or can exist good jokes about nonbinary gender, pronouns, and teenage activist mass-shooting survivors—but because they weren't really jokes about those subjects at all. it's straight-up denis leary "i just want a cup of COFFEE okayyy" culture griping, which obviously is hilarious and owns

(kath barbardoro very online-ly pointed out you can easily make a good hogg & co joke, i.e., these parkland students have had it too good for too long.)
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:43 amreally? I don't remember him doing any stuff that seemed as explicitly right wing (or anti-progressive).
He's always been anti-PC, particularly as it pertains to language, and that's what he's making fun of in both of those audio clips. The problem is that the Zeitgeist has now caught up to him and none of that is allowed anymore. Remember "faggot cunt nigger deer"? That's the culmination of an entire set where he specifically defended the use of those three words. There's no way he could get away with any of that shit anymore, particularly because his audience traditionally skews liberal. And by the way, George Carlin made jokes about the same shit 15 years ago, and nobody would've called him a right-winger.

I also don't think what he's doing here is transphobic, it's just not very funny or original.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

lck seems to be punching down here, and it reads as transphobic to me. how is it "anti PC" to claim that an anti-gun-violence kid only survived because they're a coward who used a fellow student as a human shield?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:05 amhow is it "anti PC" to claim that an anti-gun-violence kid only survived because they're a coward who used a fellow student as a human shield?
Uh, because the PC thing to do is to a) be pro gun control and b) automatically call those kids "brave" and be in awe of them. Does surviving a school shooting make you an expert on legislation relating to firearms, or is our being impressed with these kids (I was, by the way, and I hope a lot of my students were too) just a knee-jerk emotional reaction? Also, the point of the joke is that kids these days are getting wrapped up in social causes instead of just going crazy, and he's using that as an example. This is also typical - going from a starting observation and then trying to see what the most offensive place is that he can take that train of thought. In all honesty, the joke about pushing a fat kid in front of you to survive a school shooting was the only one I liked in both clips, at least that was somewhat inventive and poked at something most people don't really ever question. PC culture gets questioned all the time. That's boring.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

I guess we have different understandings of "politically correct"

I have only relied on the article so maybe some of this stuff will benefit from context - i'll hold off on saying much more 'til I've listened

but the whole thing smacks of a blatantly self-serving pivot against the exact forces that are trying to hold him accountable for being a hypocritical sexual bully
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Dec 31, 2018 11:21 am I guess we have different understandings of "politically correct"
I don't know what that term means anymore either, it's mostly a strawman people get angry about on Youtube.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

It usually refers to proposed linguistic or behavioral mannerisms, affected in order to avoid offense towards groups at risk of marginalization or oppression

so like if being liberal is "it's wrong to club babies to death just because they were born in inuit families"
then being politically correct is "if I do this special dance every morning and tap my forehead three times every time I talk about an inuit baby, it won't rain tomorrow and I'll stop balding and my wife will come back"

iirc
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Apparently this is the full set. Haven't listened to it yet, and it'll probably be gone by the time I get around to it later today.

Foot Foot

Post by Foot Foot »

spacehamster wrote: Wed Jan 02, 2019 6:26 am Apparently this is the full set. Haven't listened to it yet, and it'll probably be gone by the time I get around to it later today.

so far the only thing that i find offensive is the mongoloid chuckle monster who won't fucking stop.