Post by FVBTVS »

whats up with amy? Image
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
a world of no
Olde Timer

Re: Dumb things I've heard at work: The Thread

Post by a world of no »

takeasneededforpain wrote:
a world of no wrote:there's a pretty significant amount of critical thinking involved with doctoring to debunk your "rote memorization" theory.
To be fair, it's a hypothesis.
And, I admit that I hardly have a wide cross-section of doctor interaction to form a differing opinion. I grew up in an area so shitty they send doctors in as "underserved area" service. It seems that the best of the best don't tend to end up in Backwash, Illinois.

Frankly, I don't trust doctors anyway... because treating the symptoms and ignoring the cause of those symptoms seems to be the standard operating procedure. I guess the cynic in me wins these mental exercises 90% of the time.
there are a lot of mds that "phone it in", but that's more to do with the fact that they're typically busy as fuck with a ton of patients, and they've got the training and knowledge to make the correct decisions in a timely manner to allow them to move on to the next case. if someone is treating the symptoms it's mostly because the cause isn't readily apparent, and nobody wants a fuckton of expensive procedures and tests done on them unless it's absolutely necessary. then there's the whole thing where people fucking go to the doctor for the stupidest goddamn fucking shit ever, and waste everyone's fucking time.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

FVBTVS wrote:whats up with amy? Image
eh nothing really interesting. she did re-accept my hours though.

i'm not paid by the hour, meatgrease.
Image Certified Poster
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

Trying to explain to some dumb fucking fagg.ot that his product appears to be under warranty and we just need to call the manufacturer to see about a free replacement. Asshole starts swearing and ranting and raving that he pays good money for insurance and wants to pay the deductible, I get the insurance person on the line who starts explaining the same thing to which he proceeds to read her the same riot act.
Wank night's cancelled
soiled depends
I'm always posting. At all times.

Post by soiled depends »

so I wonder what snippets have been coming out of keystone13's mouth...
does your employer know that you are a cold hearted animal murderer in addition to being an insatiable pervert?-meatgrease
only a fundamentally insecure asshole would relish in the death of domesticated cats-chad

\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

Krazy Karl Kugler, the horribly racist welder, once confided in me that his sister was going to be giving birth to a mocha colored child soon. Afterward, he looked off in the distance, sighed and said " you know if you shake anybody's family tree hard enough, a nigger will fall out".
Last edited by \m/Johnny\m/ on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elephants gerald wrote:
- GLENN DANZIG "literally a rotating cast of gigantic wigged infants," claims former tour manager
Ray
ultimate EVIL

Post by Ray »

hahahahah
jefferson wrote:If you want a picture of the future, imagine a palm against a human face... forever.
kickpuncher
Map, Monitor, Surge

Post by kickpuncher »

played some intercepting fist for this guy at work yesterday during some of our copious downtime, and he referred to Dim Mak as "kind of the 311 of death metal, huh?"

i mean, i guess i can kind of see where he's coming from, but :drooly:
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

my third-grade class has to write a movie report every month

part of the assignment is that they have to watch the movie five times over the course of the month

June's movie was Bolt; for those of you not immediately familiar with the ins and outs of a mediocre five-years-old Disney flick, there's a cat character in the movie named Mittens

one question on the assignment sheet: What is one thing you'd change about the movie to make it more interesting?

one girl said she'd change the name of the cat in the movie to 'Mittens'

:fp:
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

That's adorable not dumb
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
Broken Into Pieces
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Broken Into Pieces »

It's adorably dumb. How the hell do you watch a movie five times and not pick up on one of the key character's names? Best part, we were all discussing their reports in class on Thursday, starting with summarizing the movie, and when I mentioned Mittens by name this girl suddenly looked shocked and said, "The cat's name is Mittens??" Turns out, her mom had commented that Mittens was a nice name for the cat, and the girl had somehow failed to put together that her mom was making that comment because it was the cat's name.

Clarification: They have to watch the movie in English, but they're allowed to use Korean subtitles. Further clarification: Girl I'm talking about is usually very smart.
Image Image
Xbox 360: Pabo Byungshin
¡Viva los Rudos!
oskorei noise industries
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

You're mean.
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

kickpuncher wrote:he referred to Dim Mak as "kind of the 311 of death metal, huh?"
shrewd things i've heard at work
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

My brother in law again

Me: I have to leave early today and the truck left early this morning from Wisconsin with those parts for us... can you stick around and make sure somebody clears the dock, and takes care of the paperwork?

Him: sure.

2 hours later I grab my coat and head for the door, he grabs his and starts to follow me.

Me: what about the truck?

Him: I'll do it tomorrow... Wisconsin is like 4 days away.

Madison, WI to KC, KS = approx 7 hrs.
elephants gerald wrote:
- GLENN DANZIG "literally a rotating cast of gigantic wigged infants," claims former tour manager
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

now you're just lying. no one accidentally 4 days instead of 7 hours
\m/Johnny\m/
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by \m/Johnny\m/ »

I swear to fucking Christ he's a retarded man-child.

We once passed a fairly large house in a nicer neighborhood in town and he remarked "I bet that place is 40,000 square feet".
elephants gerald wrote:
kelly
lethal

Post by kelly »

Waking up to this text gem from someone who is calling out of work. ...and soon to be the mother of another human.
SPOILERSPOILER_SHOW
:fp:
copstache wrote: fisshhshticksss
hipster holocaust
Sweet Lord _______

Post by hipster holocaust »

HAHAHAHAHA
Chad wrote: Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:07 pm I'm not a fascist, I follow a bunch of Japanese rabbit owners on Twitter bc rabbits are cute
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

kelly wrote:and soon to be the mother of another human.
maybe not...
Image Certified Poster
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

she sounds fat. a lot of fats often don't understand that you don't want to hear about their pregnant pussy leaking
kelly
lethal

Post by kelly »

Raw Ting wrote:she sounds fat. a lot of fats often don't understand that you don't want to hear about their pregnant pussy leaking
Really? Because I thought she sounded like a child having a child. "Private parts"?! There was no better way to say all this, like "Hey, I'm experiencing some vaginal bleeding and need to see my doctor to make sure everything is okay with my pregnancy, can you find someone to cover my shift".....?

She was giving me the TMI breakdown because I really didn't know who she was. She was just assigned to the shift and I've never met her :confused:
Raw Ting
ultimate EVIL

Post by Raw Ting »

it's just insane when people think they need to disclose specific symptoms, especially when the symptoms are grotesque. wouldn't "I have to go to the doctor for pregnancy complications" suffice? I suppose in this day and age maybe you're lucky she didn't snapchat a picture of the blood.. :fp:
kelly
lethal

Post by kelly »

Raw Ting wrote:it's just insane when people think they need to disclose specific symptoms, especially when the symptoms are grotesque. wouldn't "I have to go to the doctor for pregnancy complications" suffice? I suppose in this day and age maybe you're lucky she didn't snapchat a picture of the blood.. :fp:
Eew.
And I agree, she could have left it at what you said, but since she was offering the specifics she could have done so in a way that didn't make me envision a pregnant 7 year old. You know she wasn't sitting there trying to figure out "okay how can I put this" and that's what she came up with, that's exactly how she refers to her vagina.
Ghost Dad
Wandering Johnny!

Post by Ghost Dad »

I had to do a preg test on a 7 year old due to bleeding from her private area. The prospect is as douche-chilling as you'd think.

Had a lot of patient's family point to the monitor and ask "is that their blood pressure?" Yep, your mom's blood pressure is 64.
hipster holocaust wrote: What do you think they're doing up there right now? A smiling SLH listening to MLK's juicy wife cheating stories while Maya takes notes?
Cascade Whore
Sir Posts-A-Lot
Location: A sterilized but unpressed gift from a nose-holding charity which passes out clothing to slum drunks

Post by Cascade Whore »

"Kids in the hall aren't good. They are like The Whitest Kids You Know but less funny" says 25 year old lump with a either a Starwars batman or walking dead T shirt and gentle beard.
Wank night's cancelled