Re: secular humanist brony/MRA/PUA/MGTOW thread of fedorae

Post by featherboa »

who is this dumbass stefan
Image Certified Poster
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

Stefan moly-nu is amazing. I’ve been watching his videos for years. He’s probably the most entertaining of the YouTube neoright wing libertarian whatever the fuck. He used to be more of a libertarian and now he is more of a trump shill/“scientific racist”/nationalist.

He is a master at pseudo intellectual nothing speak. He makes excruciating long hour or more videos staring into the camera with this psychotic stare and smile. Him and his wife were heavily criticized over encouraging people to “Defoo” or disassociate from your family of origin. He doesn’t have the balls to go full on cult leader.

He is Canadian but has some weird accent that doesn’t sound like anything normal. He looks and acts like some creature pretending to be a human being.
Last edited by cxwx on Tue Feb 12, 2019 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ill body
/
Ill will
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Thanks! you maniac
Image Certified Poster
baalhisses
Defiance of the Ugly by the Merely Repul

Post by baalhisses »

Wasn't Stefan's wife a therapist and didn't he used to spy on her sessions by hiding in a vent, or am I thinking of Jordan Peterson
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

nah thats Molyneux
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

cxwx wrote: Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:59 pm He is Canadian but has some weird accent that doesn’t sound like anything normal.
Wikipedia says he was born in Ireland and raised in London. I wonder if his accent is natural or if he intentionally tries to sound Irish and only half succeeds. The thing is, hearing this garden variety fascist garbage with a British accent is very popular among American "alt-right" Youtubers. See also, "Sargon of Akkad".
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Lol fucking Sargon. He claims to actually be a liberal but is forced to “fight the insane fringe SJW disease” or has he just admitted he’s alt right. I know he joined UKIP because he had “no choice”

He think of himself as being soooooooo fucking smart. He debated Richard Spencer thinking he was going to show all his detractors how un right wing he was ( because you really have to go out on a limb to disagree with a lunatic like Spencer ). It didn’t go so well for Sardine Inakan as at some point Spencer’s nice guy routine fall off and he just ended up calling him a fucking idiot. When you get called a blithering moron by Richard B it’s time to hang it up.
Ill body
/
Ill will
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

cxwx wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:26 am Lol fucking Sargon. He claims to actually be a liberal but is forced to “fight the insane fringe SJW disease” or has he just admitted he’s alt right.
I think he still claims to be a "classical liberal", but I really don't know where that branding comes from. He's a left over Gamergater, basically, and first made a name for himself by harassing Anita Sarkeesian. But, I mean, it did get him all the way to Joe Rogan's podcast.

What's kind of interesting, and I almost wish I had the energy to research this properly, is that I get the impression the production values of his videos have gone up ever since he got banned from Patreon and that got Dave Rubin and DOCTOR Jordan Peterson's attention. I wonder if he gets funding from the Koch brothers now. Because someone there has figured out that Youtube is a good indoctrination channel, and it's pretty noticeable how a lot of the more marketable faces among the Youtube conservatard camera-shoutyheads seem to have really nice lighting and good microphones these days.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

i have to wonder how much of that is arms race stuff, though? contrapoints (pbuh), philosophytube, and h.bomberguy are pretty high-profile youtubers, decidedly left wing, and have stepped their pussies up re: production quality (i actually prefer h.bomb's earliest anti-right wing stuff because it is charmingly low budget and the limitations of the medium, forced creativity, etc.)
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

spacehamster wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:17 am hearing this garden variety fascist garbage with a British accent is very popular among American "alt-right" Youtubers.
I guess this was why Seb Gurkin was popular for a hot minute
Ill body
/
Ill will
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:32 pm i have to wonder how much of that is arms race stuff, though? contrapoints (pbuh), philosophytube, and h.bomberguy are pretty high-profile youtubers, decidedly left wing, and have stepped their pussies up re: production quality (i actually prefer h.bomb's earliest anti-right wing stuff because it is charmingly low budget and the limitations of the medium, forced creativity, etc.)
I dunno, the left-wing Youtubers I sort of follow are mostly types that just talk into a microphone over pictures and animations. I just looked at the latest video on the Contrapoints channel, and honestly, it still looks like it's made with a cellphone camera and possibly the same 100-bux USB microphone that I bought a few weeks ago. It's just used cleverly so it doesn't look like complete shit.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

but she, like, does set dressing. she uses camera angles. lighting. music beds. editing. narrative. i listened to something recently where she talked about having to basically move her own tripod for shot-reverse setups, which is like... low-ass budget shit, but it shows that there can be more to the actual presentation of content than just the content itself. philosophy tube dude is similar, h.bomb slightly less so, but the gist is the same. shaun is just still screens, but like, i always view his channel as basically a podcast over a powerpoint presentation.

take a guy like PJW, his videos will always look like utter trash despite the fact that i'm sure he's got some cash behind it because it's... him, in front of a map. production matters to people. i forget where i heard it, but contra spoke specifically on the subject, that the amateurish nature of some youtube videos makes them more persuasive because it's faux-intimacy. you're just in somebody's living room or den with them. the challenge, then, is to go above that and emulate mass-marketed media, which we know is successful in resonating with people. there's an uncanny valley of production quality, where it's too polished to be relatable, but too amateur to seem credible. i think lefties escaped it (shock) while chuds are languishing in it and hoping that more ring lights will do the trick.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 8:34 am but she, like, does set dressing. she uses camera angles. lighting. music beds. editing. narrative. i listened to something recently where she talked about having to basically move her own tripod for shot-reverse setups, which is like... low-ass budget shit
Yeah, but that's my point - you can do all of that with very little money. Contrapoints in particular is just very good at it, but there doesn't seem to be much money behind it, whereas with the more recent Sargon or Roaming Millennial (whatever the fuck she's calling herself these days) videos, there's clearly expensive equipment being used - not used well, because most of these people are fuckdumb and have zero talent or creativity, but it makes me wonder where the money's coming from.

The issue of projecting authenticity on Youtube and how it's this weird balancing act between being professional enough so that it's watchable, but also slightly amateurish to maintain this faux-intimacy, that's a whole other can of worms. Lindsay Ellis has a pretty good video about this too.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

THE USB-3 STANDARD IS CULTURAL JEWISH
CHANGE MY MIND POSTMODERN CUCK
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

EXPLAIN YOUR LOGIC
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

spacehamster wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:23 am
Yeah, but that's my point - you can do all of that with very little money. Contrapoints in particular is just very good at it, but there doesn't seem to be much money behind it, whereas with the more recent Sargon or Roaming Millennial (whatever the fuck she's calling herself these days) videos, there's clearly expensive equipment being used - not used well, because most of these people are fuckdumb and have zero talent or creativity, but it makes me wonder where the money's coming from.

The issue of projecting authenticity on Youtube and how it's this weird balancing act between being professional enough so that it's watchable, but also slightly amateurish to maintain this faux-intimacy, that's a whole other can of worms. Lindsay Ellis has a pretty good video about this too.
i think we're talking past each other on the same issue: the right youtubers lack that sort of... skill, insight, creativity, etc., but they are in line with a bunch of right-wing grifters that also lack those skills but are networked with extremely wealthy donors. they can only compete insofar as polish looks by getting nicer shit, which chuds and chud-enabling financiers are willing to fund because they know they'll lose if it comes down to making the most of what one has. it's an arms race on one side, while the other side is just... better.

youtube is such a weird moment in communications history, and it's gotten weirder exponentially. i'm interested to see where it goes.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Toilet Fleet wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:18 amnicer shit, which chuds and chud-enabling financiers are willing to fund because they know they'll lose if it comes down to making the most of what one has. it's an arms race on one side, while the other side is just... better.
Oh. Yeah. Looks like we were both saying the same thing then.
youtube is such a weird moment in communications history, and it's gotten weirder exponentially. i'm interested to see where it goes.
Yeah, I'm getting increasingly fascinated with it. I'm noticing the Youtube neckbeard vernacular coming out of some of my male students' mouths more and more, and while I couldn't pinpoint exactly how that happens, it shows that... something's happening.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

the thing that gets me most concerned—and it's prevalent across content providers like youtube and facebook and everybody else—is the intersection of THE ALGORITHM and the entirely non-algorithmic need for companies to buy ads that they want in front of specified demographics. virtually every time i watch a politics or general curiosity video (like kurzgesagt) on the 'tube, i get an ad for Prager U. obviously that's not purely resultant of THE ALGORITHM, because a good THE ALGORITHM would know i'd sooner lick my entire sidewalk than watch Chet Rapeallegation IV talk about how social security is actually the n-word. so if advertising of, say, dish soap is indistinguishable from InfoWars Institute of Technology to the marketers, let along THE ALGORITHM... why bother having one? it's effectively paid prioritization of political viewpoints. NOT VERY NET NEUTRAL. and that's why capitalism must fail?!??!?!
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The parent company that runs basically all the major movie theaters in Zurich has this regular series of early premieres they market as "Men's Night", "Ladies' Night" and "Movie Night", respectively. You can probably imagine the rest. Anyway, the "Men's Night" early premiere this month is Captain Marvel. I guess they didn't get the memo about how this is a man-hating white genocide SJW culture war vehicle and just figured, well, it's got aliens and shit getting blown up.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

Foot Foot wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 10:43 am
:lol: these guys entire universe revolves around these movies
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I wonder how James Cameron feels about the fact that his Battle Angel Alita movie has now become some sort of anti-SJW statement for reasons unknown.
Foot Foot
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by Foot Foot »

spacehamster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:23 am Battle Angel Alita movie has now become some sort of anti-SJW statement for reasons unknown.
well it is based on an Anime, so i'm sure enthusiasm for body pillows has something to do with it.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Foot Foot wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 7:42 am
spacehamster wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:23 am Battle Angel Alita movie has now become some sort of anti-SJW statement for reasons unknown.
well it is based on an Anime, so i'm sure enthusiasm for body pillows has something to do with it.
Oh man, I forgot about that connection. Of course.

Anyway, that movie was surprisingly decent, but of course I like just about anything that steals from Blade Runner's set design even semi-successfully.