I hate Cthulhu culture

Music posts are a bannable offense.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

I hate Cthulhu culture

Post by cxwx »

20 year old dipshits getting tattoos of jack skelington, jack sparrow and HP Lovecraft.

Every time I see some stupid fucking Cthulhu graphic. Some dumb fucking shirt or toy or stuffed animal. Fucking Amiibos. Make a Yog-Sothoth Pokémon and a Nyarlathotep pog.

Buy his collections that you’ll never read but the graphics on the dust jacket look cool. Maybe if there was a Harry Potter cross over.

I wonder how many of these aspergers encoded abortions realize that Lovecraft was a weasely little slug of a man who thought he was part of the master race.

There are absolutely no modern pieces of art or film influenced by Lovecraft that are of any value at all. (Besides John Carpenters The Thing)

There is more artistic integrity in Godzilla Vs The Smog Monster. I would like to see every worthless uninspired insipid poster, T-shirt, Cthulhu coloring book, bad tattoo and retard baring it shoved into a landfill while Hedorah buries it all in toxic shit.
Ill body
/
Ill will
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Re: I hate Cthulhu culture

Post by The Real MPD »

pro:

Cthulhu culture is apparently a thing and also good and important.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

cxwx wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 pm There are absolutely no modern pieces of art or film influenced by Lovecraft that are of any value at all. (Besides John Carpenters The Thing)
The Call of Cthulhu silent movie is great. Also, Morbid Angel.

The cutesy Cthulhu stuff has gotten way out of hand, though.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Jimm O' Lation
Kill Whitey

Post by Jimm O' Lation »

anyone here have one of those Atari flashback controllers with 20 games built in? I bought one a few days ago.it feels odd using a Sega Genesis type controller to play Atari games.
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Lovecraft is probably my most problematic fav above Morrissey (I believe in you Moz, you can still win, recite the 14 words on your next album), but it was highly likely for a work hinging on alienated madness from a white dude in the States to be predicated on the subtext of a perceived decline of the racial order. Later, you'd get Carpenter doing similar stuff but with capitalism, which of course is superior and correct, but the underpinning sense of alienation is central to it. Just so happens that our protogoth boy was terminally fancy, and without antiplutocratic solidarity, that left fear of the lusty Turk.
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

hey man i still like portal
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

cxwx wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 11:11 pm
There are absolutely no modern pieces of art or film influenced by Lovecraft that are of any value at all. (Besides John Carpenters The Thing)
I beg to differ, my friend:

The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

i may check that out :tup:

stuart gordon has done at least 4 HPL things that don't suck
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
CROSTY
Better at internetting than you.

Post by CROSTY »

cthulhu - natures morissey
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Who cares if all the shit it inspired was trash or that the author was a bigot ? It doesn’t in any way change that the original source material is phenomenal. I don’t give a single dried up chunk of dog shit that Lovecraft hated the coloreds or that his stories are problematic regarding women and natives; I read these blood-shitting tales for inexorable cosmic darkness and the madness that lurks behind the consciousness, veiled but how terrifyingly easy is that curtain to draw back.

Fuck a pair of cthulhu slippers. There’s idiots everywhere monetizing the amazing artistry people have created, but all they’re doing is making it easy to identify themselves as people to ignore.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

HP lovecraft drank piss.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero