Game of Thrones reminder

Music posts are a bannable offense.
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

Re: Game of Thrones reminder

Post by How Are Mortiis Goatse?! »

Necrometer wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:03 pm do you guys ever watch the post-show thing where the producers explain what just happened? I looked for a "worst of" edit on youtube and was surprised nobody had roasted those guys yet. the way they beam with pride for show-running is incredible
They are smug hacks, and the post-show interviews are edited to make them look good, if you really want to hear their complete unedited stupidity, check out the DVD commentaries. It's baffling how these second rate hacks could con their way from writing trash like X-Men Origins: Wolverine to getting this showrunning gig, and now that they have run out of book material to adapt their incompetence has been exposed. If you look at the stage directions in the scripts they come across as juvenile imbeciles, full of superfluous F-words you'd expect from a 17-year old trying to be edgy. Look at this real example of a direction for Dany:

"She only allows the faintest hint of a smile. A smile that says: my tyranny’s not ended, motherfucker."

When the scripts leaked people thought they were fake because they were so poorly written. They show a profound lack of understanding of the characters and the source material.

Miguel Sapochnick saved the previous season with his talent, which would have been a complete dumpster fire if he didn't save it. Derp and Durr Hurr massively underestimated the logistics of filming these episodes, there were big delays, and Sapochnick fought the showrunners on things in the script that were nonsensical or unfilmable. So they thanked him for it by not inviting him back for future seasons because he dared question Derp and Durr Hurr's judgement (although it's probably mostly Derp, he comes across as the biggest narcissistic con man, Durr Hurr is more of a goofy sidekick).
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

People keep calling them hacks and saying the quality of the show went downhill the last few season....I guess they've never read the fourth and fifth books. I too am pissed I didn't get to see Dany wandering around a wasteland for 4 episodes and her complications with diarrhea.

The number one person you should be blaming is GRRM. He signed off on all this, he's had over a decade since the TV show started development to finish the series and he's put out one single fucking book. But, he sure has put out a lot of books that aren't ASOIAF that nobody asked for. I don't care how true or untrue it is to the source material because there is no goddamn source material anymore. I just want it to be finished so I can move on. TWOW won't be out until 2019 at best and he'll be dead before he even gets a rough draft done of Dream of Spring.

I think I mostly want the show to be done so I don't have to read all these clever names people come up with for the showrunners. People have been ripping them and the show for years but they all still tune in. Madness.
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

WHICH GIRL???
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

let bronn get his damn fuck on and leave him alone
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

Episode was dumb but satisfying.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

when Jon hugged Bran it was like he was hugging the internet.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Can someone who's read the books comment on how much of the dialogue in the earlier seasons was directly taken from them? Because I think what bothers me the most about these more recent episodes is that the characters just... don't sound like themselves, if that makes any sense.

Anyway, I really, really hope Jon finding out he's a Targaryen ruins his fanfic romance with Daenerys and just generally complicates things a bit because the current setup where all of a sudden it's 100% clear who the good guys and the bad guys are, uh, doesn't bode well for the rest of the season.

Also LOL to the unintended comedy Sansa telling Tyrion she thought he was "the cleverest man alive" or something. Yeah, we thought so too, but then the season 7 scripts came in.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

In the earlier seasons most of the dialog was verbatim from the books. Even the stuff that wasn't from the books sounded more authentic because GRRM co-wrote the scripts.

The writing in the past few seasons has been awful. I cringed at the opening of season 8 when the first line of dialog was Tyrion cracking another eunuch-joke. Seems like almost all the dialog now is either bad one-liners or callbacks.

The "cleverest man alive"-line was dumb as hell. When did Sansa witness Tyrion being clever? Most people underestimated Tyrion and thought he was just a whoremongering drunk, and she never saw his scheming as hand of the king back in season 2.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

SPOILERS HERE, DO MAGIC EYES IF YOU DON'T WANNA SEE

umber kid burning was KILLER

Jon Snow being informed was intriguing

Theon being awesome ruled

Arya w/ forge guy was genuine chemistry

Bran casting dark cripple magic was best of all...coolest, darkest storyline

It ruled, I missed it. hate Daenerys, as always
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

I forgot...when the dragon looked knowingly at Jon...and he's of the dragon line...

:cheers:
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

How Are Mortiis Goatse?! wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:38 am In the earlier seasons most of the dialog was verbatim from the books.
Well, that explains that then. And I clearly remember the reason I fell in love with this show in the first place (I went in with no idea what it was, never even heard of the books) was the dialogue. Sigh.
The "cleverest man alive"-line was dumb as hell.
I thought it was funny because Tyrion sure used to be the cleverest man alive, but now they're writing him mostly as a mopey idiot who cracks one-liners. I don't remember the last time his scheming was interesting. You've got him, Varys and Davos all together now and so far it's just been wasted potential. I don't hate the more recent stuff anywhere near as much as you do, but there's certainly something off these days.
Last edited by spacehamster on Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
How Are Mortiis Goatse?!
Don't mess with my shit.

spacehamster wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 1:51 pm I thought it was funny because Tyrion sure used to be the cleverest man alive, but now they're writing him mostly as a mopey idiot who cracks one-liners. I don't remember the last time his scheming was interesting. You've got him, Varys and Davos all together now and so far it's just been wasted potential. I don't hate the more recent stuff anywhere near as much as you do, but there's certainly something off these days.
I get that, but I just found it annoying because she never witnessed him being clever and thought of him as the gross imp she was forced to marry - based on her history you'd think she used to think Littlefinger was the cleverest man alive (another character who had the Homer Simpson arc of getting progressively dumber each season). Just like Arya commenting that Gendry had gotten better at blacksmithing when she never saw him do any blacksmith work when they were on the road together. It's almost like the characters are watching the show between seasons.

I don't hate the show, it's still an entertaining spectacle, but I see it more as trashy pulp entertainment than a genuinely well written show like I used to.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

i dont think anyone here believes its anywhere near as good as the first 4 seasons
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

How Are Mortiis Goatse?! wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:34 pm
I don't hate the show, it's still an entertaining spectacle, but I see it more as trashy pulp entertainment than a genuinely well written show like I used to.
Exactly how I feel about it. Before the last season started, a couple of friends organised a kind of betting game on who will be seen naked next etc. and they'll do weekly updates on who's got the highest score. We do drinking games when watching the episodes and so on. GoT is entertaining fantasy pulp, but really it's nowhere near the first couple of seasons. (Except the dragons. Jesus fuck, those things look scary.)
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Whee of the Dead
I hate my life.

Post by Whee of the Dead »

dis-umber
pieces
cranial separation

SEX WITH HER SEVERED HEAD
hyperviolence
Static Migration

Post by hyperviolence »

Jesus christ the dragon riding scene and the dialouge after :drooly: :drooly: :barf
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

hyperviolence wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 4:43 pm Jesus christ the dragon riding scene and the dialouge after :drooly: :drooly: :barf
That was so horrible. It was like True Blood levels of horrible.

I'm hoping those loving looks Bran is giving Tyrion at the end of last season and the beginning of this season means Tyrion is going to be a scheming, asshole Lanister. Because the only 3 interesting characters are Bran, the Night King and Euron and his crazy eyes.

Maybe they can have an episode cold open to a flashback explaining why the Night King as a human was chosen as the sacrifice for the Children of the Forest.

Seeing all those darkies is going to create the first Winterfell KKK.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

fat Gilly is repulsive.
The Real MPD
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by The Real MPD »

seriously though, that was really fucking good.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The Real MPD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:52 pm really fucking good.
I wouldn't go that far, but certainly miles better than the first one. Still some cringey stuff like Tormund acting like a caricature of himself, but most of the dialogue actually sounded right.
ThePhillyExperiment
ultimate EVIL

Post by ThePhillyExperiment »

spacehamster wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:26 am
The Real MPD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:52 pm really fucking good.
I wouldn't go that far, but certainly miles better than the first one. Still some cringey stuff like Tormund acting like a caricature of himself, but most of the dialogue actually sounded right.
I could have done without Sam's tangent on memories.

Emilia Clarke's realization and reaction that she's no longer the heir to the throne was pretty good.

With all the preparing for the battle did they just completely forget that the Night King has his own dragon? Bran even explained it in the first episode. That seemed like a pretty glaring omission.
brobot wrote: "Some guy asked me if I was a robot...like a Relapse robot? I have no idea what he was talking about."
GLEN BENTON wrote: ONLY THING IS I LOOK AT THE GIRLS AT THE MOVIES, AND THERE BETWEEN 10 AND 14!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

ThePhillyExperiment wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2019 7:54 am I could have done without Sam's tangent on memories.
That's the set-up for him eventually being the one that saves the world somehow. He gets it, y'know. Also, the fat bookworm's going to save the world because of course he is.

I was kind of wondering why nobody's worried about the undead dragon anymore too. Clarke's been doing ok acting-wise by her standards, but I felt like there were way too many conversations that were cut short so they could leave things hanging, and that was one of them. I guess the good guys are all teaming up to fight the bad ice zombies before this gets addressed. Kind of makes me wonder if it's not patently obvious just from that conversation not being finished that they're going to defeat the night king because they have to get back to that topic at some point.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

The Real MPD wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:52 pm seriously though, that was really fucking good.
:fonz:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

that was torture
Image Certified Poster