Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Latest movie you watched (1-10 scale)

Post by spacehamster »

Hellboy - No/10
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

The Seventh Victim - 6.5
Neon Maniacs - 7

The Last Emperor - 8.5
House of Usher - 7
Dead and Buried - 7
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:fonz:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

George Romero's "Lost" Film The Amusement Park to Officially Premiere in October

https://comicbook.com/horror/2019/09/19 ... -released/
Sponsored by the Lutheran Services, The Amusement Park was commissioned as a film intended to inform viewers about the need to care for the elderly. Romero, however, conceived of what was perhaps his wildest, most imaginative movie: an allegory about the nightmarish realities of aging in a world without an adequate social safety net. Starring Martin’s Lincoln Maazel, an elderly man finds himself disoriented and increasingly isolated as the pains, tragedies, and humiliations of aging in America manifest themselves through roller coasters, bumper cars, and chaotic crowds. Shot in the now-defunct West View Amusement Park in Pittsburgh’s North Hills, The Amusement Park is a strange but incredibly humane film that, nonetheless, might be Romero’s 'most overtly horrifying film.'

Very excited to see this, and generally happy that it's being released at all. I was kinda worried for a little bit. Besides this, I'm pretty sure I've seen every George Romero thing ever made! I can't say that about any other director.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

Violence Jack: Hell City

....well, if I had a subconscious desire to watch animated rape and dismemberment, I think I’m satiated.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Cold Blood - 6
Cold Pursuit - 7.5
Child's Play (2019) - 7.5

Apollo 11 - 8
Little Woods - 6.5
Spider-Man: Far From Home - 6
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

VT director worked on this film. its on prime now.

formerly ghost boner
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

last blood - 50/10
formerly ghost boner
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

:brokenheart: :brokenheart: :brokenheart:
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

In the Shadow of the Moon - 3
ghost boner
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by ghost boner »

nikki glaser: bangin' - 7.8/10
formerly ghost boner
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

The Sound of Silence - 7
Joe Buck
Take As Needed For Pain

Post by Joe Buck »

Joker - 8.5
White Like Jesus
How's them beans, ma?

Post by White Like Jesus »

It Chapter 2 - 2/10. A big, dumb, loud, repetitive, predictable and not scary movie that takes forever to end.

Ad Astra - 6.5/10. Doesn't seem very realistic at times, or scientific (even for a movie set in the future) but enjoyed the visual atmosphere and father-son relationship that seemed to be at the heart of it.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

joker - 6.5999909090
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

White Like Jesus wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:48 am It Chapter 2 - 2/10. A big, dumb, loud, repetitive, predictable and not scary movie that takes forever to end.
I liked it up until the point where the balloon comes out of the injun ritual vase thing and everything stops even pretending to make sense.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Crawl - 3

dog survived! :fonz:
White Like Jesus
How's them beans, ma?

spacehamster wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 8:35 am
White Like Jesus wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:48 am It Chapter 2 - 2/10. A big, dumb, loud, repetitive, predictable and not scary movie that takes forever to end.
I liked it up until the point where the balloon comes out of the injun ritual vase thing and everything stops even pretending to make sense.
Yep, they pretty much threw out the rules they established and started making stuff up as they went. On top of an already bloated and overlong movie, they took forever to kill him at the climax. "We have to do it this way! Nope, didn't work. We can kill him this way! No dice. Ok, this way for sure!" I was thinking it was already time to wrap things up half an hour before that point.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Im notoriously forgiving with movies, and i thought the first half fucking sucked. It looked pretty and the acting was fine, but the structure was the weakest safe-bet approach possible, and it failed to establish/defend/create any rules about the monster at all.

I dont trust anyone giving good reviews to this new one if they enjoyed the first.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Joker - 8
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

White Like Jesus wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 11:23 am I liked it up until the point where the balloon comes out of the injun ritual vase thing and everything stops even pretending to make sense.
Yep, they pretty much threw out the rules they established and started making stuff up as they went. On top of an already bloated and overlong movie, they took forever to kill him at the climax. "We have to do it this way! Nope, didn't work. We can kill him this way! No dice. Ok, this way for sure!" I was thinking it was already time to wrap things up half an hour before that point.
[/quote]

And in the end, the solution was basically to, uh, gang up on him and bully him. Which is, like, thematically poignant? Ugh.

Anyway, I've never read the book and I only saw the original adaptation very recently, so I don't hold it in particularly high regard. That version of Pennywise has sort of become the archetypal scary clown, I guess, but I mostly just saw 80s TV-level acting and bad effects. The new one has 2019 TV-level acting and slightly better effects, and the parts with the kids are surprisingly decent, I guess.

I also liked how they opened the second one with the town bully basically murdering a gay dude for kissing in public because fuck small town life and I'm glad this movie shat all over it. Maybe that's why I felt more charitable towards it for the first two hours.
White Like Jesus
How's them beans, ma?

Yeah, that was an unpleasant scene, but I'm glad it was there, as I saw it in a theater packed with a bunch of noisy teens who had snuck in. One of them sitting near me laughed at a couple of the anti-gay comments the bullies used, and acted all grossed out and offended when the guys kissed each other. That scene was for him. I'm glad he saw it, and hope the ugliness of it sunk in and had some effect.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

White Like Jesus wrote: Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:10 am Yeah, that was an unpleasant scene, but I'm glad it was there, as I saw it in a theater packed with a bunch of noisy teens who had snuck in. One of them sitting near me laughed at a couple of the anti-gay comments the bullies used, and acted all grossed out and offended when the guys kissed each other. That scene was for him. I'm glad he saw it, and hope the ugliness of it sunk in and had some effect.
Ha. Nice.
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

Vault - 5.5

an admirable effort...

Finding Steve McQueen - 0

Intensity - 7
The Souvenir - 4
Kill Baby Kill - 7.5
World of Tomorrow - 10

Kin-Dza-Dza - 7.5
Blind Chance - 8
Stalker - 10

The Running Man - 9

In the Tall Grass - 5

Shadow World - 10
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR