Breaking Bad on AMC

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Breaking Bad on AMC

Post by spacehamster »

Full disclosure: I googled it to make sure I got it right.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
elephants gerald
One Of Many Accounts

Post by elephants gerald »

I understand that there is a correct spelling here and an incorrect spelling, as we're talking about the name of a company...BUT I've always thought that 'gray' is so fucking ugly. I'm an e man, through and through.
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

this thread is blazin' now!!!!!
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

Rewatching some key episodes since the finale, thinking about was was and wasn't said.

Never really find out what Grey Matter did, which is a pretty big deal. Up until now I was operating under the mistaken notion that Walt's also-ran Nobel plaque had something to do with Grey Matter, which I now believe he was awarded sometime before the company was founded.

There is a scene early on in the series when Walt and Jesse are cleaning up the mostly-dissolved remains of Crazy 8's cousin. It's interspersed with flashback footage of a conversation youngWalt is having with Gretchen while crunching numbers on a blackboard. He mentions 'calcium' in the past while picking up & disposing of a jawbone in the present, and it becomes apparent that the equations relate to the composition of a human being. There's a certain amount of mass unaccounted for, and Gretchen suggests that it could be a soul, like with the Duncan MacDougall '21 grams' experiment - and Walt dismisses it, saying something along the lines of 'there is only chemistry here'.

Really makes me wonder what was really lurking in Walt's past. They never say why he abandoned Gretchen.

Also noticed a quick shot in Saul's office of a certificate or degree from some bizarre outlying US territory - I'm wondering if the guy was even a legitimate lawyer :lol:
Honky Kong 64 wrote:I use this daily and it scrobbles my Lil B songs just fine?
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

He went from being 'absolutely about to die' to 'just made money' in like 4 minutes. Fucking hero :tup:
BUNGVOX

Post by BUNGVOX »

i have since restarted watching the series again. just as good as it was the first time around.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

I'm going to buy the BR boxset as a christmas present to myself and binge over the holidays. I'd rather space it out a bit, I can't see myself watching the whole thing a third time.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

spacehamster wrote:He's had his life's work and his college girlfriend stolen from him by a guy who was supposed to be his friend,
He left Gretchen, not the other way around. Also I'm not really sure his work was stolen... he did the work as a part of the company and then left abruptly, and I assume he just disappeared from their lives without so much as contacting them for decades. I agree with Walt's sentiment that he should have at least been given credit and a share in the profits, but I don't think it counts as Gretchen and Elliot stealing from him. Probably petty revenge on gretchen's part at least on some small level.
death by snoo snoo
I sure do have a lot of posts, lol.

Post by death by snoo snoo »

When was it said that Walt left Gretchen and Gray Matter? I always thought it was implied that she and Elliot got together and so Walt left the company.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

death by snoo snoo wrote:When was it said that Walt left Gretchen and Gray Matter? I always thought it was implied that she and Elliot got together and so Walt left the company.
In the scene in Season 2 where Walt and Gretchen have lunch together, she tells him, "You left me, remember?" or something along those lines. Maybe she said "us" and was referring to the company, but I always got the impression he left her and their relationship, I'm guessing because he thought he was above her or better than her, like he does with most people.

Walt has always been an egomaniac. Look at the flashback in the Season 4 finale, when he and Skyler are looking at the house for the first time. He's a cocky prick, basically acting like it's just a starter home and they'll definitely end up somewhere bigger. I think Junior having so many health problems killed both Walt and Skyler's ambitions, and Walt settled for the easy, stable life, which gave him a good 15 years of misery until his diagnosis.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Friendly Goatus
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Friendly Goatus »

In season 2 episode 6 Gretchen finds out that Walt was lying to his family, saying that the Schwartz's were paying for his cancer treatment. They meet up to discuss things and during their discussion things get heated. This is when it's revealed that Walt left Gretchen and abandoned his research without any explanation during a Fourth of July weekend family outing with Gretchen's family. To make it final, Walt sells his 50% stake of shares in Gray Matter Technologies to Elliot for $5,000.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Friendly Goatus wrote:In season 2 episode 6 Gretchen finds out that Walt was lying to his family, saying that the Schwartz's were paying for his cancer treatment. They meet up to discuss things and during their discussion things get heated. This is when it's revealed that Walt left Gretchen and abandoned his research without any explanation during a Fourth of July weekend family outing with Gretchen's family. To make it final, Walt sells his 50% stake of shares in Gray Matter Technologies to Elliot for $5,000.
Thanks for clarifying. The fact that he left during a getaway with her family brings up an interesting point about Walt's own family issues. Skyler mentions early on in the show, after Walt tells her about the cancer, that he needs to tell his mother about it, to which Walt gives an, "Oh, fuck no," type of look. If I recall correctly, Skyler implies that Walt can't keep ignoring her forever, yet Walt does. I get the impression he had a terrible upbringing, if he never talked to his elderly mother after being diagnosed with cancer. Maybe Walt saw Gretchen's happy family on that vacation and just panicked and bolted?

Didn't Walt lie and say he was going to visit his mother at one point when he disappeared for a cook with Jesse? It's been a while since I saw Seasons 1 and 2 again, so I might me mixing things up.

EDIT: I guess it was Season 2, Episode 13 when Skyler catches Walt in the lie about visiting his mother. She didn't even know he had cancer when Skyler talked to her, so clearly Walt has some major issues with his mother if he didn't even talk to her about it.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

DR. THRAXX wrote:grey/gray....neither is wrong regarding the color IIRC.
Going back to this for a minute:

grAy is how it's spelled in America
grEy is how it's spelled in England
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

yeah but those people would call it a 'colour'
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

"Those people" being the entire rest of the English-speaking world outside of the US. I mean, I use American spelling too, but it's kind of funny how everyone seems to think non-US spellings are exotic. Even here in Europe.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

spacehamster wrote:"Those people" being the entire rest of the English-speaking world outside of the US. I mean, I use American spelling too, but it's kind of funny how everyone seems to think non-US spellings are exotic. Even here in Europe.
I know that we are the weird colonial inbreds with respect to the rest of the anglosphere in almost every way but I just think its funny to chastise the English about 'their version' of English
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Fookin' Yank coonts, the lot've ye.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

at least we made breaking bad
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

james wrote:at least we made breaking bad
With a Scottish actress.
james
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by james »

ONE, MIKE, ONE - AND SHE WAS FAKING A NORMAL ACCENT FOR THE ROLE
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Only because your inferior American ears can't understand proper English, obviously.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

God fucking dammit.
Krieg
from the moon

Post by Krieg »

I troll IMDB with this. Right now there are bunch of pussies complaining they can't understand the Irish in Sons Of Anarchy
The Torsion wrote:I don't like Krieg
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

watched this entire show over the last few weeks and finally finished it tonight. i came around to it on account that i never knew bob odenkirk had such a prominent role which was really the hook that finally got me to commit to watching and i'm so glad that i did. i really hated it for some good reasons too at first but i let all the shit i liked about it win out and by the end (the final season) i was not at all disappointed. even if the finale wasnt quite perfect i feel like the fifth season as whole was an achievement in finally crowning this guy a monstrous monster and really playing with it in a lot of interesting ways. he is not some one dimensional anti-hero. the entire sequence of him kidnapping his own infant girl comes to mind :lol: all of his idiotic justifications for his actions at more minor points in his development were so much more gross and hellish when he was more powerful and his circumstances had changed but of course he's incapable of seeing that. his ability to always feel victimized by the world and cry about his fortunes was so much fun for me and i loved to see it and clap my hands at his self immolating pity :P

definitely love(d) mike to absolute pieces and his death was gutting and beautiful and fitting etc

and i'm actually sorta looking forward to going back and reading this thread from the beginning and seeing everyones thoughts on it as it progressed. :tup:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

DR. THRAXX wrote:I'm with Pisscubes about The Sopranos though. Looking back at that show, the writing is amazing. Breaking Bad is great too, but not quite on that level IMO.
just finished watching breaking bad. great show, absolutely, but this quote is 100% correct. Tony is still the king
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do