The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames)

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bill's Now Playing Video Game Thread (Now with Bames

Post by spacehamster »

Since AttentionSpanCubes has apparently abandoned Demon's Souls again and Lords of the Fallen is down 50%, I gave that a shot. It's... cute.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
doomeddisciple
Olde Timer

Post by doomeddisciple »

spacehamster wrote:Since AttentionSpanCubes has apparently abandoned Demon's Souls again and Lords of the Fallen is down 50%, I gave that a shot. It's... cute.
The only game I traded in 2014...all the best.
PSN ID- doomeddisciple wii code doomed 0207 2840 2718 1053 Xbox Live - doomtildeath
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

yeah I've been debating that one for a while now. but I figure 50+hrs for Ishin, 50+hrs for Freedom Wars, 70+hrs for Persona Q, and 12 for Mordor is pretty good motivation to not just throw money at games I won't play in the reasonable future

probably for the best
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Foot Foot wrote:that's enough. white girls.
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

copstache wrote:Ishin
Fingers crossed hard that comes to the West if Y5 is successful.

Watch PSN be down for the duration of my vacation. :ax: I briefly thought about buying the PS3 version of Destiny and continuing the grind there. :oops:
BUNGVOX wrote:solo hanneman / solo mengele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Pisscubes wrote:
doomeddisciple wrote:
spacehamster wrote:Since AttentionSpanCubes has apparently abandoned Demon's Souls again and Lords of the Fallen is down 50%, I gave that a shot. It's... cute.
The only game I traded in 2014...all the best.
Like I said in the Demon's Souls thread-- I've given it a bunch of tries before and never kept up with it. It just makes non sense to me that I've never gotten into despite how goddamn gaga I am over Dark Souls I and II.
I'm guessing he meant LotF, though. And having played it for maybe an hour, I can see why someone would trade it in. I'll play it some more until I feel like I have a handle on how things actually work beyond the combat controls, but my first impression is basically that while "like Souls" sounds good in theory, in practice it means "not as good as Souls", and since there are three Souls games now and they basically have infinite replayability, I'm not sure I need weak imitations.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Wang Mandu wrote:
copstache wrote:Ishin
Fingers crossed hard that comes to the West if Y5 is successful.
i sincerely doubt it. if anything, Y5 selling well might mean that they localize Y0 when it comes out, which i'd be fine with.

but anyway, this guide is so good that you shouldn't need to know any japanese to get like 80% comprehension out of the game. some of the menus are a little tricky if you can't read them, but if you've played other yakuza games it's pretty much the same

http://www.khhsubs.com/projectsrggishin.html
if there's anybody in the world who'd be fucking unobservant enough to actually damage themselves with trap-soap I guess it'd be the guy with dialup in 2007
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Yeah it will probably be another Kenzan. :( Sega is a retarded company so I dont want to give them money until they localize a game. I have bought every Yakuza game and will buy 5 whenever it gets released.

Sony needs to fix their shit and fix it soon. Pathetic. They better compensate people for how long it has been down. I wish Destiny got a PC release.
Fuck a Neogaf post detailing a Network settings change allows me to login to Destiny. So much for the plug and play of a console. Fix your shit Sony so I dont need to use fan workarounds to play games.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

PSN was working here yesterday, I played some Demon's Souls and there were messages everywhere...
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

PS3 PSN works fine from what I have heard, it's the PS4 PSN that is not fully up.

Edit: And down again for me. I'd rather Sony use the PS Plus money to improve the online infrastructure instead of offering me free games. I'm going to watch Party Down to make me feel better.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

Ishin has some MGS4 level of cutscene to gameplay disparity near the end. i'm just playing PQ on 3ds while all the talking is happening since reading the translated summary only takes up about a tenth of the actual time
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Finally completed the Vault of Glass Raid in Destiny. The main campaign should have included some of the gameplay mechanics found in the raid. The lack of platforming is disappointing in the story. Overall, the raid was a blast and can't wait to run it more.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Word around the hashtags is that there's been a user data leak - XBL/PSN/UFC Fight Pass/UPlay, a bunch of other stuff. Might want to change your passwords. It's only something like 15K profiles apparently, and the list of leaked data I found (which may or may not be the real thing) didn't have mine on it, but... safe'n sorry and all that.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

I really wouldn't unless it has a demo.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

No, I just now have a negative Pavlovian response to anything new that has Aliens attached to the title. Plus, do you even like Slender Man or Machine for Pigs type games? Save that cash for Grim Fandango.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

As an actor that kid sure is putting his neck out doing that commercial.
copstache
Total Recluse

Post by copstache »

The Bill wrote:As an actor that kid sure is putting his neck out doing that commercial.
abdominalpillaging
I hate your life.

Post by abdominalpillaging »

I've just been buying a bunch of arcade PCBs lately. Mostly shooters I guess. I got a great deal on Sengeki Strikers which is a kinda rare vertical shooter. I also got a new copy of Wyvern Wings which is awesome because it has note for note midi versions of Metallica and Slayer for the soundtrack. I'll eventually capture some of it with my setup.

I also got an MVS copy of Windjammers for a good price(under $100 shipped). I fucking love this game.

I'm also finally filming for a YouTube show on mostly retro games. Just doing it for fun, but I'll post it in here once I upload it.
i like to dissect women
Wang Mandu
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by Wang Mandu »

Pisscubes wrote:Did you play it?
I have played it for 1.5 hours before my gaming adhd kicked in but it seemed pretty great. They nailed the atmosphere and it is certainly creepy. A game finally worthy of the Alien name.
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

picked up alien isolation on sale last night (had a gift card).

i only played it for like an hour because some friends and i played GTA Online last night (which is a fucken blast if anyone hasn't played it), but the detail and atmosphere was fantastic. loved all of the old school computer terminals and shit too

looking forward to playing it more.

BUT THE HALO 5 BETA IS TONIGHT TOO WTF
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
guardianoftheblind
Sir Posts-A-Lot

Post by guardianoftheblind »

i think it is. i think you have some kind of weapon(s), and there are other enemies than the xenobro but for the most part it's all him and if he sees you, you pretty much die

but then again, i'm still directly at the beginning of the game
ghost boner wrote:you can get it on the fire stick too. theres nothing this thing cant do
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Well, Brutal DOOM just won the award for the best thing I've ever played in my life. All other games just got put on hold.
Spooky Apparition
O.G. Interwebber

Post by Spooky Apparition »

picked up a 55" Bravia yesterday and godDAMN games look amazing on this thing. Far Cry 4 is making me want to weep.

... doesn't make Walking Dead season 2 on PS4 not look like ass though. Telltale seriously needs to get their tech up to 2006 standards.
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER

Post by The Bill »

Great. Play a little Brutal Doom via GZDoom, and now I'm obsessed with finding the best stuff GZDoom has.

Cryptoplasty
Olde Timer

Post by Cryptoplasty »

Bye bye Patrick Klepek!
Toilet Fleet wrote:dogs are shit tbqh
oh wow youre loyal, you know who else was loyal, fuckin goebbels