The Bottom of the Nerdhole: Miniature Painting Thread!

Music posts are a bannable offense.
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: The Bottom of the Nerdhole: Miniature Painting Thread!

Post by spacehamster »

FVBTVS wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 10:37 am i said

THAT NURGLE FUCKING RULES
Well, thank you kindly, sir.

Nurgle stuff is really fun to paint because you can be kind of messy and it still works. Sometimes it actually works better. I've found the same thing applies with Skaven, though, and it's really kind of a happy medium for me where you want things to look kind of gross and dirty because they're basically overgrown sewer rats, but there's also some sharp detail because of things like armor or folds on clothing.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

:fonz:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Here's another resin mini. This is the King of War from Creature Caster, who also make the not-quite-Nurgle model I posted on the previous page. I really can't say enough good things about them, they pretty much just put GW to shame and that's that.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
NIGEL GARAGE
Kill Trend Suicide

Post by NIGEL GARAGE »

AHM GOIN TO WARHAMMER WORLD THIS WEEK MATEZ WILL POST PIX MAYBE SOME DARK ELVES FROM 1998 PERHAPS A DIORAMA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AND ROSSY YOU MAY BE AN INSUFFERABLE GOOF BUT THATS SOME NICE PAINTIN - FROM SPACEHAMSTER OF COURSE NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SIK BURN M8 ANGELFIRE STYLE M8!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

NIGEL GARAGE wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:40 am AND ROSSY YOU MAY BE AN INSUFFERABLE GOOF BUT THATS SOME NICE PAINTIN - FROM SPACEHAMSTER OF COURSE NOT YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol:
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

:cry:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

NIGEL GARAGE wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:40 am AHM GOIN TO WARHAMMER WORLD THIS WEEK MATEZ WILL POST PIX MAYBE SOME DARK ELVES FROM 1998 PERHAPS A DIORAMA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I'm not jealous at all.
NIGEL GARAGE
Kill Trend Suicide

Post by NIGEL GARAGE »

spacehamster wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:32 pm
NIGEL GARAGE wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:40 am AHM GOIN TO WARHAMMER WORLD THIS WEEK MATEZ WILL POST PIX MAYBE SOME DARK ELVES FROM 1998 PERHAPS A DIORAMA YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I'm not jealous at all.

GOT IN CAR DROVE A BIT UPTO SHOTTINGHAM AND THE WIFE KICKED OFF LIKE A BELL ABOUT SOME PISH OR OTHER SO AH TURNS AROUND AN DRIVE RIGHT FUCKIN HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOIN TOMORAH AN GONNA CALL IN AT EARACHE TOO AN GET A PILE OF FUCKIN SHITE CDS TO SKIM OUT THE WINDOW OR MAYBE THROW AROUND IN WARHAMMER WORLD NOT SURE YET MAT WILL POST PIX IF I GET NICKED BY A FOOKIN COPPAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Find out if Digby Pearson still licks his lips.
NIGEL GARAGE
Kill Trend Suicide

Post by NIGEL GARAGE »

spacehamster wrote: Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:09 pm Find out if Digby Pearson still licks his lips.
LISTEN MATE COURSE HE DOES AH CAN TELL YA THAT BEFORE I GET THERE AND ANYWAY DINT GET THERE COS MY MISSUS DECIDED TO HAVE MASSIVE CRY SO I DROVE HOME AND SUMMAIRLY GOT SHITFACED ON GLUE FEECK OVVVFFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :lol: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

https://28-mag.com/2020/02/16/volume-2-of-28-is-here/

https://28magcom.files.wordpress.com/20 ... vol-02.pdf

this is a really cool kinda osr-y warhammer diy zine thing with some extremely great looking paint stuff :invcross:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

this shit is so sick :what:
TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Painted up some of the stuff I printed on my resin printer. Last three are Zombicide Invader minis. Still trying5 out lots of new th6ing5s. Also, was too lazy to remove mold lines (someth6ing5 wh6ich6 I always do) and now I'm reg5retting5 it...

Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

wait you manufactured those in your house?
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Yeah the first two mate. A resin printer is capable of printing to an industry standard, it's ridiculous. There's plenty of websites where you can find free stl files (thingiverse) or files you have to pay for (cgtrader), but the two models in the pics were free.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Also,
FVBTVS wrote: Sun Feb 16, 2020 1:17 pm https://28-mag.com/2020/02/16/volume-2-of-28-is-here/

https://28magcom.files.wordpress.com/20 ... vol-02.pdf

this is a really cool kinda osr-y warhammer diy zine thing with some extremely great looking paint stuff :invcross:
thanks for posting, this shit is awesome!
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

28 Mag rules.

Anyway, TK, how bad is cleanup and the general mess with your resin printer? I'm getting more and more curious about these, but by all accounts, they stink like hell and maintenance is a bitch. Plus apparently the LCD eventually wears out.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

spacehamster wrote: Sun Mar 01, 2020 11:55 am 28 Mag rules.

Anyway, TK, how bad is cleanup and the general mess with your resin printer? I'm getting more and more curious about these, but by all accounts, they stink like hell and maintenance is a bitch. Plus apparently the LCD eventually wears out.
Well, let's say there's a bit of a learning curve to it: in the first couple of weeks I had to clean out the tank all the time due to failed prints, which had been caused by not readjusting the print plate after every print and not orienting the models correctly in the slicer software. Then if your FEP film dies (because you damage it while trying to remove a failed print from it :oops: ) you have to replace it which takes around 20 minutes, but if you're careful with it you won't have to replace it for 100 prints at least. When you get everything working smoothly, cleanup (removing resin from your prints by dunking them in alcohol + removing supports) heavily depends on how complex your model is and ranges from a couple of minutes to 15 minutes. (Then, curing it takes time as well.) You need get several liters of alcohol, which smells unpleasant (worse than the resin IMO), and you have to clean everything with the stuff. The resin's smell isn't that strong or bad, but the stuff is still toxic, so you'll have to get a good P3 breathing mask (around 30 bucks on amazon). I keep my resin printer in a separate room due to the smell.
Can't say much about failing LCD screens, mine still works well but I've made 30 prints at most.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

I've read a lot about oil and enamel paints in modelling5 recently, and today I caved in and ordered a wh6ole bunch6 of sh6it. I just love weath6ering5 and g5rim+-darkly painted miniatures too much. Ch6eck out th6is wonderful tutorial:

I was also sucked into WH40K ag5ain ( as if I didn't h6ave enoug h6obbies and unpainted miniatures). I just must h6ave an Adeptus Mech6anicus army...

Mike, do you do lots of weath6ering5 on your Gundams or do you like to keep th6em clean?
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

THE KILL wrote: Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:25 pm Mike, do you do lots of weath6ering5 on your Gundams or do you like to keep th6em clean?
Oh, always tons of weathering, and I use oil paints a lot, they're great. You do have to be a bit careful with Bandai kits because their particular plastic is very sensitive to white spirits, so you have to topcoat everything thoroughly before you do anything with thinned oil paints. Some people basically say you can't use oil paints on Bandai kits at all, but it's been okay for me as long as I was careful.
FVBTVS
Total Recluse

Post by FVBTVS »

the final installment of this finally came out today and my god it is :warrior:

TEAM CARE COORDINATOR
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

:shock: :tup:
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

holy fuckin shit
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

Finish6ed my Tech6+-Priest:

Mig5h6t add some lig5h6t effects, copper rust and more rust in th6e future, but for now, I can't stand th6e sig5h6t of h6im, th6is fucker took forever.

I've been experimenting5 with6 lig5h6ts and sh6adows and implied texture lately:

spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Sharp detail work on that tech priest, dude. I'm actually working on one of those myself (and by "working" I mean I started a month ago and haven't touched it since), and everytime I see it, I wish I'd used that head instead of the pointy hood. Sigh.