88%
n
13%

Total votes: 8

featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Should I get an air fryer?

Post by featherboa »

This would mean getting rid of the oven/range, and needing some kind of cook top. Tell me about your induction cooktop..

Will all the shitty gardein nugget products we eat be yummier in the air fryer?
Image Certified Poster
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Re: Should I get an air fryer?

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Any food you normally get deep fried that's available as a bake-at-home version (e.g., fries, nugs, tots) is better in the air fryer

But: it's not as good as a deep fryer, so you might as well just get one anyhow
zombiehead
Patient Zero

Post by zombiehead »

i bought one and used it about 3 times
The Bill
PLAID MEMBER
PLAID MEMBER
Location: Beyond the Oceans of Time and Space, Sometimes New York

Post by The Bill »

My toaster oven has this as an option. Hot dogs come out pretty good in there, but I usually only use the toaster mode and bake if following directions. Broiler for reheating steak leftovers.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

I don't have one yet, but I'm sure I'll own one in a year's time. About 50% of what I eat is pan-fried in italo-grecian abomination type waiz, and my gf is starting to get a little concerned about the amount of fat we consume.

They seem pretty low-risk as far as gimmicky trend appliances go... like if you have space for it and fry food, ut seems like a good buy.

Only rub for me is size... like the affordable ones can't fuckin fit enough food for four.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

And i hadn't even thought about those gardein bois... some are better baked, some are better pan fried... hmmmm

I bet air fryer turns out to be the best solution for their meatballs.
SKI DOO
git help.

Post by SKI DOO »

I got one of these huirs after my oven cacked out late March early April. The only places opened back when was grocery stores and Wal Mart. Had lots of panic hoarded frozen foods, so it was a tossup between this and a lil toaster oven.

Great for meaballs, chicken wings, legs, thighs. Really shines with any type of ethnic pocket foods (samosas, empanadas, pieroies, so on).

Fresh cut fries are good but it takes a few batches to make enough for everyone (me, ol' lady, 3 kids).
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

We got rid of the gas oven / range and got a two burner induction stove, and instant pot, and this air fryer which is also a toaster and convection oven.

We had to get a few new pots, but we already had a lot of cast iron. There are very few times we would have wanted a fourth burner, and we don't really bake much. We put a large kitchen island in the spot where the oven was and now we can fit the recycle bin below a shelf that holds all the cast iron, with the burner and instant pot on top.

I would never go back to gas as induction is much easier and cleanup is fast and easy. But I want to get a 220volt cooktop instead of the 110 one linked above as each one dips in power when you try to use them both on full blast.

For beer brewing I put an electric hot water heater element on some pipe to make a "heat stick" if you want to boil a lot of water and you're crazy.

They do make induction range + oven air fryers now, but you're looking at $1900 over the cost of $300-$400 air fryer / burner combo.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

as much as i wouldn't want to use gas i could still cook with it during a rolling blackout
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

why gas bad
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrophilic Mallard
I am trying to quit.

Post by Necrophilic Mallard »

Electric < gas < induction

Next range will definitely have a built in air fryer.
Fact #7
From an empirical viewpoint, the problem with Free Will (and causality) is reconciling determinism and freedom to make sense of morality.
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

thanks!!!1

I this rental's kitchen... they put an oven/range where the fridge is supposed to go (and the gas is there somehow??), and the spot where the stove should go is small, so I'd have to have a small fridge. The spot where I'm exprected to put the fridge has the exhaust pipe above it.
So the plan and why I ask, is to remove the range, put a big fridge there and get some kinda island for the air fryer and inductors. Liking the idea of being able to cook with both those things out back too.
Geeheeb I'm assuming you don't miss a microwave?
Image Certified Poster
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Geeheeb wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:42 pm For beer brewing I put an electric hot water heater element on some pipe to make a "heat stick" if you want to boil a lot of water and you're crazy.
Image Certified Poster
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

My ex says her air fryer rules.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
THE KILL
O.G. Interwebber

Post by THE KILL »

I expected lot more than it could deliver. My sister made deep-frozen fries in it and they tasted exactly like they would have if we had made them in the oven. Buy a penis-pump instead.
The Bill wrote:Kids today with their artificially flavored kunt hands!
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I do want a penis pump
featherboa
Wandering Johnny!

Post by featherboa »

Does that induction cooker make a loud sound?
Image Certified Poster
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

I think you should just buy your old lady some butt implants.

Make hot doggin more fun.

Air fry your dick betwixt the shit clenchers.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I was stuck somewhere bored the other day, so I did a google image search for 'weird penises'. Saw a lot of pictures of mediocre peckers recovering from surgery, after attempts at enlargement.

Found out that the horror stories of 'plastic cement injected into victims buttocks in botched butt-enlargement surgery' are missing some context... what they're referring to in those stories seems to be poly-methyl methacrylate, which is sometimes legitimately used in surgery, and has a cool story behind it -
...compatibility was discovered by the English ophthalmologist Sir Harold Ridley in WWII RAF pilots, whose eyes had been riddled with PMMA splinters coming from the side windows of their Supermarine Spitfire fighters – the plastic scarcely caused any rejection, compared to glass splinters coming from aircraft such as the Hawker Hurricane
It is a chemical which is ALSO used as plastic cement, and plexi-glass!

So sticking that into someone's ass isn't like, some absolutely fucking out-of-nowhere psychotic maniac idea... it's just never legitimately led to a desirable result, and in those cases is being administered by someone insane in a back-alley type scene.

I'd always thought that it was desperate flat-butts being predated upon by someone who just rifled through a janitor's closet.

Ass implants are fucking evil anyway, it's an even bigger disaster than boob implants. Fake tits have a legitimate charm to them, and sometimes look great. I feel really bad for those fucking Kardashian diaper-women, they look horrible and shouldn't have had their insecurities indulged by our stupid society.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Necrophilic Mallard wrote: Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:30 pmElectric < gas < induction
I did my best to get up to speed on these things, but it seems like the main advantage is that it can boil water faster. basically everything else... I'd rather have gas. I love ceramic pans and the one I have isn't magnetic, so induction is not for me. it's a real shame because I LOVE magnets in general.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Necrometer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:10 pm I LOVE magnets in general.
:lol:
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:45 pm
Necrometer wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:10 pm I LOVE magnets in general.
:lol:
Anyone who doesn't find Ross' enthusiasm for dorky shit endearing can fuck the fuck off; post haste.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

It's the best!
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:57 pm It's the best!
He really does seem like a great dude.
I love it when people are INTO shit, even if it's shit I have no interest in.
MeatGrease wrote:

Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

authentic passion is always better than posturing, ironic detachment. Being 'cool' is just pretending that you don't react to things very much... boring after a certain age.