society needs managers

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

society needs managers

Post by Chad »

I've decided I'm incapable of managing
Last edited by Chad on Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Re: society needs managers

Post by Chad »

:tdown:
Last edited by Chad on Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Chad wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:47 am it's obvious that democracy does not work...it actually does the inverse of what it's supposed to do. It enflames ignorance and buries the truth
It could if we would let it.

Just some maybes I think about sometimes....

Maybe voting should be treated as a talent or skill that has to be honed before you can be trusted with it, like being a forklift operator. It shouldn't ever be expensive to do, but maybe you need to dedicate some time to learn some things and pass an exam before you're allowed to perform it.

Elected representative officials like we have in the USA seems like an obvious fix, but... large persistent parties fuck that up really badly, and damage our culture IMO. I don't think our FFs or the ancient Athenians would be proud of the situation we've created for ourselves.

Maybe we need to trust political alliances and parties with severe and strict 'antitrust'-like regulation. I don't know how to do this, but I think it would solve some of our problems.

Or maybe every political party should be required to run multiple candidates for each position at the same time. Blue guys have to have 3 candidates for president at once, and so do red guys. If for example Sanders and Biden were running against Trump and Jeb, all at the same time, it would force the parties to refine themselves in order to stay competitive. Fracturing these structures would force them to improve themselves, I think.

If you read about plays from Athens it's very striking how similar their social situations and political stories were to ours. Very little has changed at all, they all read exactly like South Park episodes. I think maybe everything is just repeating itself, down to minute small details, and maybe the correct position for a wise man is always in the woods trying to forget about society entirely.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:01 pm
Chad wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:47 am it's obvious that democracy does not work...it actually does the inverse of what it's supposed to do. It enflames ignorance and buries the truth
Or maybe every political party should be required to run multiple candidates for each position at the same time. Blue guys have to have 3 candidates for president at once, and so do red guys. If for example Sanders and Biden were running against Trump and Jeb, all at the same time, it would force the parties to refine themselves in order to stay competitive. Fracturing these structures would force them to improve themselves, I think.
that's honestly not a terrible idea but try getting that through the current gridlock. And it turns back upon itself... The world is never a vacuum and that's why democracy doesn't work

if we are going to be historic about stuff... America is only this way because of resource distance and the fact that other powers exhausted themselves

there is always someone leading the way...

It's almost math...durrr, lets give everyone a voice, companies buy voice, everyone's stupid

buy the ability to lie to gullible fucks = democracy
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Chad wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:12 pm It's almost math...durrr, lets give everyone a voice, companies buy voice, everyone's stupid

buy the ability to lie to gullible fucks = democracy
Yeah, and it was all predicted too. To my memory, the conversation went like this...

Socrates: "Democracy is stupid and won't work, because it is too vulnerable to demagogues."
Aristotle: "No it will work, so long as there are no Phoenician or Egyptian niggers. It has to be culturally homogenous, or the people will be divided along ethnic lines and that division will be exploited."

[Brief intermission]

Enlightenment hippies: "We don't all need to be the same, so long as we have a collective national identity which supersedes religious affiliation or ethnic category."

[Brief intermission]

Nation of Islam, and Meatgrease, and the brightest minds of 20th/21st century Academia: "The best thing would be for us to subdivide our collective national identity, respective to ethnic category and religious affilation, and begin fighting one another."

I dunno I think something went wrong
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

we can hug each other in the rain...appreciate the fact that we only live for a certain time

Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

:brokenheart:
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Also, if I could just say one thing, with love and true respect towards you...

I think you sometimes exaggerate things quite a bit, in a particular way that I've noticed is common to people who are both perceptive, and a bit existential. Ideas like 'this is the end', or 'the villains have finally won', or 'the present era is evil, as was predicted'. Whatever you like... it's my personal belief that those arrangements are brain-traps, and that they'll hold you back long-term while offering a peculiar sort of comfort in the immediate short-term.

It's really easy to mythologize things accidentally...

Saying that 'everything is great' or 'everything is now terrible' is usually the result of cherrypicking, starting from an internal emotional place, and then moving outward only to arrange things, in accordance with that initial subjective perception.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

That's correct, I exaggerate extremes...

I think I truly believe in extreme stuff...like, I believe in absolutes

it's really an uncool way to be but I don't know how to stop it... I think music and human art kind temper that thing

if it makes sense I sometimes work to express things even more than I actually believe in them
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

I think we are born to believe in truth... And we all have different lives shattered in different ways

it's honestly almost always better to be nice to people
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Chad wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:46 pm if it makes sense I sometimes work to express things even more than I actually believe in them
I get this, most of the smartest people I know do this. I know one guy who I respect immensely, who learns things by becoming them. He has no idea he does it, but it seems like he has a new religious conviction or political philosophy every few months, but only because he's hurling himself at the world and playing for keeps. Some people do similar things, only it's verbal.
Chad wrote: Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:47 pm I think we are born to believe in truth... And we all have different lives shattered in different ways

it's honestly almost always better to be nice to people
These seem like separate thoughts to me, but I agree with both.
Generally, I personally believe that we all need truth, but can't have it, but have to try anyway. That's why it always seems like nobody can ever agree about what it is. Something like that.

Don't know what to do with that, other than seriously distrust anyone who claims to have access to the truth. I notice that that's a tendency almost exclusive to midwits... you'll rarely hear someone who's exceptionally intelligent claiming to have hotline access to the truth, like Commissioner Gordon's batman phone.
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

Thanks for the amazing and actual attentive interaction

I always knew you were good poster but I didn't know how good

I have to admit that every time I post I'm drunk as fuck

I have seriously not posted here sober...

but I have reclined on reading this stuff

it's honestly the coolest forum available

Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

great first post there james

chad I agree with your sentiment - let’s just let the smart/moral people run things - but the issue is that every unique pocket of idiots wants their own custom vision of the immaculate triumvirate or whatever

everyone agrees that the system is fucked. that’s not to say that it couldn’t be shitloads worse.
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Chad
(ó ì_í)=óò=(ì_í ò)

Post by Chad »

kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

I wanna pump some butt tonight.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
Toilet Fleet
need...miss...want...

Post by Toilet Fleet »

Democracy was never the problem qua distribution of political power; the challenge is whether there is an attendant distribution of economic power, as the two are innately connected

When politics is nominally democratic but economics are anti-democratic (as distinct from merely non-democratic), the material precarity of the majority can be weaponized by the materially secure minority, and so you get the hooting masses demanding that their unionization rights get stripped to the benefit of billionaires
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

can i agree with both you and james
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Necrometer wrote: Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:17 am can i agree with both you and james
NO.

You have to pick ONE 18th-19th century book (YOU GET ONLY ONE) from which you will derive BOTH your economic AND social belief systems.

All of the rest of your time MUST be dedicated ONLY to arguing with people who have devoted themselves to the opposing old book, attempting to explain away the obvious failures of both. Famine? Genocide? Slavery? All the exclusive product of the OTHER book.

Fighting for the economic perspectives of fat ghosts! Viva la revolution!

Comes with a complimentary bag of horse shoes and fence posts to throw at anybody looking for a third book, or ANYTHING written after world war two.