James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Re: James answers your coronavirus questions thread

Post by Hunter »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:16 pm
Hunter wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:45 pmIt's incredible that it's in production already.
WARP
SPEED
MOTHER
FUCKER
I talked to a few medical professors who were skeptical that a vaccine would be available within two years
their skepticism about success was the only reasonable stance. a vaccine has never been developed this quickly and the technologies that "won" were previously unproven. BUT that doesn't mean there's any reason to be suspicious of the technology - the scientists (and by extension, humanity) got lucky, basically

I am also kinda hesitant about getting these ultra-fast vaccines tbqh, but for selfishness/idiocy reasons, not defensible reasons
Its the "got lucky" part that makes me suspicious. The weird cases where people have been sick for months, have brain fog, and/or have other lingering issues- it makes me want to hold off a bit.

Even with the vaccine, I'm not confident that things will return to previous norms any time soon. As long as anti vax people provide a mutation vessel, I don't think COVID is going anywhere. But I'm no scientist!
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

The biotecnology that these are based on is not new, even the mRNA vaccines. So while its fucking amazing, its pretty reasonable in hindsight.

Data has not yet been peer-reviewed though, though its gotta be coming soon.
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

Hunter wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:48 pm The weird cases where people have been sick for months, have brain fog, and/or have other lingering issues- it makes me want to hold off a bit.
Yes.

I expect that it will be delivered in waves, maybe to frontline health workers first... basically I'm gonna kick back and keep a close eye on brave guinea pigs.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:49 pm
Hunter wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:48 pm The weird cases where people have been sick for months, have brain fog, and/or have other lingering issues- it makes me want to hold off a bit.
Yes.

I expect that it will be delivered in waves, maybe to frontline health workers first... basically I'm gonna kick back and keep a close eye on brave guinea pigs.
I'll let you guys know.

I'm technically not front line, but we've had enough "Oooops, patient was actually positive, oh well" the past month that I'm told we have first dibs.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Necrometer
crippled god of the universe

Post by Necrometer »

Geeheeb wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:45 pmbiotecnology
nice try, A.L.F. double-agent
Geeheeb wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:45 pmSo while its fucking amazing, its pretty reasonable in hindsight.
:cheers:
good thing I'll be dead soon, cause I'm tired of liars winning
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Hunter wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:48 pmIts the "got lucky" part that makes me suspicious.
well, "suspicious" feels like "this doesn't actually work!" and yeah I think it'll work. might also royally fuck up 1 person in 5000 though. that's what makes me wary, not suspicious

not especially eager to get a vaccine since I'm already in hermit mode, and my polycule is also totally locked down - air-tight in my wife's case :twisted:
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

something about the map trump was craving
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:04 pm
Hunter wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:48 pmIts the "got lucky" part that makes me suspicious.
well, "suspicious" feels like "this doesn't actually work!" and yeah I think it'll work. might also royally fuck up 1 person in 5000 though. that's what makes me wary, not suspicious

not especially eager to get a vaccine since I'm already in hermit mode, and my polycule is also totally locked down - air-tight in my wife's case :twisted:
I didn't mean to imply that it might not work... I'm more concerned that I might be left with some sort of long term side effect. Granted, I'd probably still get that side effect from contracting COVID anyway (or worse). Maybe it boils down to:

Is this the best they could do?
---or---
Is this the best they could do for now?

Could it be feasible that a safer vaccine *might* be available in say, another 6 months? These are the questions that I refuse to google myself.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

well the oxford vaccine is less effective but built on a more traditional platform - a viral shell as the carrier instead of nAnOpArTiClEs like the pfizer/moderna one

I think the toxicity/immunogenicity of these carrier materials is the big question mark. there are some therapeutics that rely on such carriers but I think it's also typical for them to immunosuppress the recipient upon dosing so their immune system doesn't freak out

I wasn't able to find anything concrete about the responses people have had to these nu vaccines (the mRNA ones) - link me if you've got anything substantial! I just heard about the guy who went to the ER because he was hit so hard, and then some guy on the radio that said that he felt like total shit (e.g. flu symptoms) after each dose
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

The real problem is going to be too many anti-vaxxers making it impossible to achieve herd immunity. I'm not really in favor of forced vaccinations, but only because I know what would happen if we actually tried to do it.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 7:20 pm well the oxford vaccine is less effective but built on a more traditional platform - a viral shell as the carrier instead of nAnOpArTiClEs like the pfizer/moderna one

I think the toxicity/immunogenicity of these carrier materials is the big question mark. there are some therapeutics that rely on such carriers but I think it's also typical for them to immunosuppress the recipient upon dosing so their immune system doesn't freak out

I wasn't able to find anything concrete about the responses people have had to these nu vaccines (the mRNA ones) - link me if you've got anything substantial! I just heard about the guy who went to the ER because he was hit so hard, and then some guy on the radio that said that he felt like total shit (e.g. flu symptoms) after each dose
Very interesting, thanks! I haven't seen much in the way of responses yet.
spacehamster wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:04 am The real problem is going to be too many anti-vaxxers making it impossible to achieve herd immunity. I'm not really in favor of forced vaccinations, but only because I know what would happen if we actually tried to do it.
This is what will keep the virus circulating and mutating, so I'm not optimistic that society is going back to normal any time soon. But anti-vaxxers are going to find out exactly how hard capitalism wants them vaccinated. I can imagine international travel being restricted unless you've been officially vaccinated, and policies evolving into "Sorry, no admittance to Disneyland without your immuno-card stamp".
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Necrometer wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:01 pm
Geeheeb wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 5:45 pmbiotecnology
nice try, A.L.F. double-agent
:oops:
FVBTVS wrote: Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:04 pmfrom enslavement to obliteration is older than abbey road
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

I mean, Max Cavalera once told me that Biotech Is Godzilla and/or AIDS so I'm not getting this vax like y'all sheeple
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

He also said biotecnology ain't what's so bad, like all tecnology it's in the wrong hands.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

yeah maybe in your sheeple brain that's what he said. No Vax, no facts, no communism, that's my trifecta of life. And god guns & boobs. And booze. USA! USA!
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Geeheeb
Shit Stadium 4000

Post by Geeheeb »

Jello wrote: STOP
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Post by spacehamster »

Hunter wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:26 amBut anti-vaxxers are going to find out exactly how hard capitalism wants them vaccinated. I can imagine international travel being restricted unless you've been officially vaccinated, and policies evolving into "Sorry, no admittance to Disneyland without your immuno-card stamp".
I really hope you're right. I promise I'll admit without qualification that capitalism did something good for a change as well.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
Necrometer

Post by Necrometer »

Geeheeb wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:58 am
Jello wrote: STOP
:cheers:
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

If I was independently wealthy I’d wire transfer Riley $100,000 to beat this fucking piece of shit to death and film it.
Ill body
/
Ill will
MPD
I hate your life.

Post by MPD »

what is wrong with you?
MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Hunter wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:50 pm
Necrometer wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 6:04 pm

I didn't mean to imply that it might not work... I'm more concerned that I might be left with some sort of long term side effect. Granted, I'd probably still get that side effect from contracting COVID anyway (or worse). Maybe it boils down to:

Is this the best they could do?
---or---
Is this the best they could do for now?

Could it be feasible that a safer vaccine *might* be available in say, another 6 months? These are the questions that I refuse to google myself.
You are spreading dangerous anti vaxxer misinformation and propaganda you trump voting retard, vaccines are 100% SAFE!!! It is proven by SCIENCE you illiterate inbred, the medical industrial complex would never dole anything out to the people that was bad for them

Seriously you trump retards are so fucking stupid. If you aren’t first in line for this vaccine, or any vaccine for that matter, you are just flat out an anti science right wing retard. You do not understand how science works. You do not listen to experts, probably because you are trailer trash genetic garbage and you have inadequate manhood :lol: :lol: :lol:
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Looks like meatgrease is drunk again.

And not "fun drunk," but "incoherent drunk."

In his misguided/laughable quest to be a cliched "notable writer" has he skipped over the whole Success part and instead headed straight to the bottle?
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
Hunter

Post by Hunter »

MeatGrease wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:57 pm You are spreading dangerous anti vaxxer misinformation and propaganda you trump voting retard, vaccines are 100% SAFE!!! It is proven by SCIENCE you illiterate inbred, the medical industrial complex would never dole anything out to the people that was bad for them

Seriously you trump retards are so fucking stupid. If you aren’t first in line for this vaccine, or any vaccine for that matter, you are just flat out an anti science right wing retard. You do not understand how science works. You do not listen to experts, probably because you are trailer trash genetic garbage and you have inadequate manhood :lol: :lol: :lol:
Please everyone, don't engage with this Meatgrease post. I'm an expert on Trump supporters and they only do this when they're experiencing extreme depression from a devastating election loss. If we just leave him alone, he'll work it out of his system and return to stormfront, where copium is in higher supply.
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

First day off in forever interrupted by "Hey, um, can you come cram tubes into some groins even though you're not on call?"

Fuck you for interrupting my plans, covid.
MeatGrease wrote:

MeatGrease
[citation needed]

Post by MeatGrease »

Glub wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:06 pm First day off in forever interrupted by "Hey, um, can you come cram tubes into some groins even though you're not on call?"

Fuck you for interrupting my plans, covid.
Do you ever wish the patient would cram their tube down your throat, nurse glub?
Warning: this post may contain plagiarized text or language, some which may be above the poster's reading level.