the NOT WORTH ITS OWN THREAD thread could be revived

Music posts are a bannable offense.
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Re: the NOT WORTH ITS OWN THREAD thread could be revived

Post by Eight Bit Alien »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:56 pm
cxwx wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:53 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:12 pm Found a BOSS OS-2 on FB Marketplace for $50. Excited to beef up my sound a little bit.
I have a Beheringer copy for about $20. Works well enough except it has a bit of obnoxious background hum that the boss one probably doesn’t have. Mine was used though so it might be fucked up.
Those Beheringer copies are pretty solid from what I hear. I didn't even think to look for once, I just saw the Boss and this one is used and looked banged up from the picture but I'm looking forward to it. I downgraded my amp from a Crate halfstack to a Line 6 Spider just to save some space but the gain channels on the Spider don't sound great at all and I think the OS-2 will help me get the shape and depth I'm looking for.
Behringer clones have slowly become as controversial as Trump in my world. I think so long as you are not 100% relying on VSTs or your iPhone you are barking up the right tree. I've never really investigated their pedals, I'm sure there's compare/contrast videos on Youtube... their synth clones are very tempting though, I almost bought a few this year before I remembered it would be insanely irresponsible and I'd probably have to hide it from my family.
Dark Side of the 90s Season 2 - 7
Glub
Certified False.

Post by Glub »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:08 pm
Glub wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:51 pm
Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:46 pm Did science... Mine tastes fine.

Re: habanjero... There's buffalo too which is strangely disappointing.
The original "buffalo wing sauce" was just Frank's, oddly enough.
As a buffalo wing fanatic, I, sadly, learned this fact after a 4-hour pilgrimage to the Anchor Bar.
Yes! True! Good man!

I have never made the journey to Mecca but I am a good keeper of the faith. Someday I will go! That is more like a 6-7 hour journey for me, but combined with a trip to Watkins Glen/Ithica it would be very justifiable.

I can't explain why, but the 'franks red hot buffalo sauce in a glass bottle' just tastes too sugary to me.

I've never tried to make the real stuff exactly (I understand Wosterchershire sauce is involved) but Frank's red hot + butter with a little garlic powder is pretty fucking nice. Other retarded ghoul versions which I will sometimes terrorize my villagers with include mayo and ranch subspecies... all grotesque but impossible to argue with once they're on the table.
Thumbs up for Ithaca and the Finger Lakes!

Don't bother with Anchor Bar. I'd go to either Duff's or Shifty's if you're in the general area.

The "real stuff" if I recall correctly was literally just Frank's. Nothing else. I was like loved one dying disappointed when I finally had Anchor Bar wings.
Last edited by Glub on Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MeatGrease wrote:
I became fully redpilled by the summer of 2015 but was already holding back as early as 2014. Before that I was a anarcho punk.

Ideally, society should be organized via a warrior-priest aristocracy.

I can trace my ancestry all the way back to historic germanic tribal chieftains in fact.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:11 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 12:12 pm Found a BOSS OS-2 on FB Marketplace for $50. Excited to beef up my sound a little bit.
I have a Beheringer copy for about $20. Works well enough except it has a bit of obnoxious background hum that the boss one probably doesn’t have. Mine was used though so it might be fucked up.
Those Beheringer copies are pretty solid from what I hear. I didn't even think to look for once, I just saw the Boss and this one is used and looked banged up from the picture but I'm looking forward to it. I downgraded my amp from a Crate halfstack to a Line 6 Spider just to save some space but the gain channels on the Spider don't sound great at all and I think the OS-2 will help me get the shape and depth I'm looking for.
Behringer clones have slowly become as controversial as Trump in my world. I think so long as you are not 100% relying on VSTs or your iPhone you are barking up the right tree. I've never really investigated their pedals, I'm sure there's compare/contrast videos on Youtube... their synth clones are very tempting though, I almost bought a few this year before I remembered it would be insanely irresponsible and I'd probably have to hide it from my family.
I hear you there. Wife is gonna see a box from some random address in Illinois when the OS-2 comes and be like "is that a Christmas gift for me?" Uh, yeah, sure! :lol:

She gets 3-4 Amazon or Target boxes a day it seems like, but the one time I buy something for myself it's gonna be "What's that from? How much was it? Did you really need it?" Fun times.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Hahahah fuck yeah man. I literally never get a guilt trip or scrutiny about anything, which leaves me with the pure distilled phantom presence of whatever it is I've done.
kevin hash
Better at internetting than you.

Post by kevin hash »

Glub wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 12:17 pm
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:19 am
kevin hash wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:13 pm Have they changed the formula of Frank's Red Hot? Had some tonight and it was way hotter than I remember. It was hot and tasted like shit.

I guess that's what they mean when they say "I put that shit on everything" because it must be made out of shit.
I haven't bought a new bottle in months but if they changed it that fucking sucks. It's been the same for at least 15 years, why would they fuck that up now?
The Original is the same as always (I go through a bottle a week).

Is there any chance that you purchased the habenero variant?
Nah it is the right kind. I'll give it another shot tonight with some chicken.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

my hound dog's dump still hot - zerohero
godofdeadlydeath

This Frank's discussion reminds me of around 1999-2000 or so, Cheez-It just had a real string of tasting like ABSOLUTE DOG SHIT. Like, EVERY box tasted overcooked or extra tangy or stale, it was BIZARRE. That was my family's snack of choice and we were all baffled by what was going on. My mom wrote to them and they sent a bunch of coupons for free boxes, but I feel like it lasted a good 3-4 months where Cheez-It just tasted fucking terrible. And then one day they were back to "normal". The highlight of my day would be coming home and having some Cheez-It and watching TV before doing homework and it was such a huge disappointment to open a new box and have them taste like ass.

Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

I wonder if we could find old stock impostor cheez-its?!?

TBH I usually buy store brand cheez-its because sometimes they have this weird smoky taste that I love. When I go name brand I usually get the 'big' ones because they feel good on my stupid donkey tongue.
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

Cheez its rule.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

:invcross: BUNGVOX got powerbombed off the stage because he wasn't T.W.O 4 LIFE brother. :invcross:

godofdeadlydeath

I love the Extra Toasty ones but the Big and original are my favorites. When I'm feeling like a real fat fuck glutton I'll dip the BIG Cheez It straight into Helluva Good French Onion Dip. That's a once or twice a year thing, usually for like Wrestlemania or the Super Bowl.

cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

They make such a huge amount of products they will have some gems mixed with in a lot of garbage. Allegedly an extremely cheap mixing board of theirs can be used to really good effect with guitar recoding:

I wish I could find it again but there used to be some videos on YouTube where someone shows their factory. There is a entire city dedicated to making Behringer with military style barracks’s for the employees. They assemble everything in house point to point including pulping their own wood for speaker cones. They have employees who literally turn tuning pegs on guitars for 8 hours a day.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

No shit! I didn't really know any of that. I've gotta see if I can find pictures of the Behringer Concentration Labor Camp!

I'ma watch your video after dinner... this guy has popped up in my feed a good bit, he's got some good tips but jesus is he a douche. Hardcore 'comic book guy' fedora vibes, to my taste.
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:02 pm No shit! I didn't really know any of that. I've gotta see if I can find pictures of the Behringer Concentration Labor Camp!

I'ma watch your video after dinner... this guy has popped up in my feed a good bit, he's got some good tips but jesus is he a douche. Hardcore 'comic book guy' fedora vibes, to my taste.
It wasn’t so much that they treated employees like shit, they are actually pretty good jobs for China, it was more of massive the scope of their operation was and how single minded their control over every aspect of the manufacturing was. It did seem a bit Orwellian even though they were not like sweat shop jobs or any thing.
Ill body
/
Ill will
cxwx

Post by cxwx »

Ill body
/
Ill will
Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

the three music subreddits I check every morning are like 80% scrabbling, panicking about synth clones coming out of those building. For like two years straight.
riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

Families writing letters to companies like Cheez-its with concerns about the product quality is some other side of the tracks from me shit
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

riley-o wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:47 pm Families writing letters to companies like Cheez-its with concerns about the product quality is some other side of the tracks from me shit
Man....if the shit ain't right it ain't right.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

riley-o
Chad Thundercock

Post by riley-o »

I'm not passing judgment at all, just saying that it's like.. the furthest thing from my experience.
HEAD BOPPAZ RECORDS YOU BITCH-ASS HOES
godofdeadlydeath

cxwx wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:57 pm
They make such a huge amount of products they will have some gems mixed with in a lot of garbage. Allegedly an extremely cheap mixing board of theirs can be used to really good effect with guitar recoding:

I wish I could find it again but there used to be some videos on YouTube where someone shows their factory. There is a entire city dedicated to making Behringer with military style barracks’s for the employees. They assemble everything in house point to point including pulping their own wood for speaker cones. They have employees who literally turn tuning pegs on guitars for 8 hours a day.
Thanks for sharing this! I've been into gear and recording videos a lot lately so this is right up my alley.

godofdeadlydeath

riley-o wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:47 am I'm not passing judgment at all, just saying that it's like.. the furthest thing from my experience.
I grew up very white, very suburban. Clearly :lol:

Hunter
Member of the fascist left

Post by Hunter »

Eight Bit Alien wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:17 pm the three music subreddits I check every morning are like 80% scrabbling, panicking about synth clones coming out of those building. For like two years straight.
The big Behringer dustup over the Keystep is the first one that has me questioning whether I should purchase anything they make again. The only Behringer stuff I own is a mixer and the Neutron, but was very excited about the MonoPoly. When they unveiled the Swing it kinda soured things for me. I appreciate that they're cloning vintage synths and making them affordable, but this seemed hostile.
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

riley-o wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:47 am I'm not passing judgment at all, just saying that it's like.. the furthest thing from my experience.
I drink The Bu kombucha.....ginger peach is my jam. Suddenly it started tasting like pencil shavings. I sent them a message complaining that they sent out a bunk batch. They promised me free coupons.

Nothin.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE

the awesome Assassin
Sweet Lord _______

Post by the awesome Assassin »

kevin hash wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:05 am
I drink The Bu kombucha.....ginger peach is my jam. Suddenly it started tasting like pencil shavings. I sent them a message complaining that they sent out a bunk batch. They promised me free coupons.

Nothin.
Good...
godofdeadlydeath

Nothin.
You gotta write again and in a much more pissed-off tone this time. They might send you twice as many coupons!

Eight Bit Alien
It's my lucky day!

Im imagining 8 year old riley in a gang of little 1930s street toughs, who dance and sing songs like "Dont have time for that" and "Letter writing sissy boy"
kevin hash

Post by kevin hash »

the awesome Assassin wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:14 am

Nothin.
Good...
Kill yourself loser.
TROLL WORLD ORDER 4 LIFE