Jon Ryan Schaffer of Iced Earth arrested on federal charges at the Capitol Riots

Music posts are a bannable offense.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Re: Jon Ryan Schaffer of Iced Earth arrested on federal charges at the Capitol Riots

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

spacehamster wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 2:19 am
Eight Bit Alien wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:18 am I've got a lot of nostalgia for 90s-early 2000s type heavy metal... shit that wasn't quite power metal, but kept the Iron Maiden/Dio torch burning during some pretty dark years for that sort of energy. Doing what he did, and doing it so fucking well, during the era where the whole world had committed to this narrative that straightforward, earnest, and silly music like that was a thing of the past... it's really pretty admirable. Not even a big Iced Earth fan really, just something I've thought about over the years.
This is why I'll never not love the first Hammerfall album. They got a lot of hate years later when it was popular to play this kind of shit again, but everyone forgets how when that album came out, it seemed like nobody in the universe wanted to hear this kind of music ever again, and Hammerfall was just a bunch of lanky geeks from Sweden with an album that sounded like they recorded it in a weekend, hamming it up on stage doing Accept poses and grinning from ear to ear every minute of their show because fuck it, this is fun.
That first Hammerfall album rules. I can only imagine how it must have been for the people seeing Death on the Sound of Perseverance Tour in 98 with Hammerfall in support. Probably a really fun show.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
spacehamster
Sweet Lord _______

Re: Jon Ryan Schaffer of Iced Earth arrested on federal charges at the Capitol Riots

Post by spacehamster »

godofdeadlydeath wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:07 am That first Hammerfall album rules. I can only imagine how it must have been for the people seeing Death on the Sound of Perseverance Tour in 98 with Hammerfall in support. Probably a really fun show.
I actually saw both bands around that time, and yeah, that was a blast.
storm shadow wrote:This is what happens when people use the internet to get through adolescence, instead of drugs and heavy metal.
godofdeadlydeath
Jesus never gave me that bike!

Post by godofdeadlydeath »

spacehamster wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:25 am
godofdeadlydeath wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 7:07 am That first Hammerfall album rules. I can only imagine how it must have been for the people seeing Death on the Sound of Perseverance Tour in 98 with Hammerfall in support. Probably a really fun show.
That's great. I had just started reading Metal Maniacs around the time that tour was being advertised in North America so I hadn't actually heard both bands yet but MM did a tour diary type article with one of the Hammerfall guys and it sounded like they had so much fun on the road.
Stabbed in the eyes with a fucking caak...

https://soundcloud.com/mthomassteele
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

spacehamster wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 8:25 am
speaking of "lanky geeks" ... anyone remember these guys, the Australian Hammerfall...

rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.
cxwx
clown shaped void that used to be a human being

Post by cxwx »

I love this guy! 9 feet tall and 115 pounds. And his guitar is a fucking hammer! What else could you want out of life.
Ill body
/
Ill will
Zerohero
Total Recluse

Post by Zerohero »

cxwx wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 4:54 pm

I love this guy! 9 feet tall and 115 pounds. And his guitar is a fucking hammer! What else could you want out of life.
a hammer..... or an art deco lampshade

either way, one lankasaurus
rileyo wrote:i like that she's wearing high heels &stockings to get fucked by dead pigs,that's some real forward thinking metal right there
LordDarksoul wrote:Thanks for the concern, Fucktractor.
BUNGVOX wrote:i don't want metallica to shit their pants. i want metallica to shit MY pants.